[3.25] CWDT Ward Loop Scion

"
Cahir_aep_Ceallach escribió:
Suppression version with petrified blood and pain attunement is comparable in damage to your current version, and significantly tankier.

I don't understand that. Petrified Blood's life cost mean we're always on low life, so pain atunnement is indeed active. But Being on low life doesn't seem tankier than...pretty much anything.

Without Petrified blood, having 1000 life and taking 999 means you survive the hit.
With Petrified blood and being half life, taking 999 means you die. Horribly.
Is there something I am not getting ?

I imagine the Divergent version with a lot of quality can erase the life cost completely and therefore staying full life while Anomalous can eventually become barely useful even on low life, but I doubt that's what you mean.

If the idea is to only activate Petrified Blood the split second before a nuke land on you then yeah sure it's tanky, but then you can also just blink away.

I've never regretted using glancing blow even with as low block chance as 70/36, but if I am missing out on something good I won't hesitate to change my ways, even if the Pain Attunement Skin of the Lords is....expensive.
"
Wonderglass escribió:
"
Suppression version with petrified blood and pain attunement is comparable in damage to your current version, and significantly tankier.

I don't understand that. Petrified Blood's life cost mean we're always on low life, so pain atunnement is indeed active. But Being on low life doesn't seem tankier than...pretty much anything.

Without Petrified blood, having 1000 life and taking 999 means you survive the hit.
With Petrified blood and being half life, taking 999 means you die. Horribly.
Is there something I am not getting ?

I imagine the Divergent version with a lot of quality can erase the life cost completely and therefore staying full life while Anomalous can eventually become barely useful even on low life, but I doubt that's what you mean.

If the idea is to only activate Petrified Blood the split second before a nuke land on you then yeah sure it's tanky, but then you can also just blink away.

I've never regretted using glancing blow even with as low block chance as 70/36, but if I am missing out on something good I won't hesitate to change my ways, even if the Pain Attunement Skin of the Lords is....expensive.

Idea behind petrified blood on suppress version is to compensate for damage lost by going for the suppression. Pure suppress version (especially with Grace) will always be better defensively.
As we can afford to run Anomalous (and since this version runs Ashes), you get pretty much the same ehp as normal, while getting Pain Attunement bonus.

Glancing blows still feels like bait to me - I get that the point is to reduce oneshots, but is it really effective for that? To me it seems like by taking it, you go (for your setup) from 35% chance to avoid death completely to 70% chance to maybe survive if the damage would barely kill you otherwise.
I am not disputing that it reduces damage taken on average, because taking 35% less dmg on block means less damage goes to life - but I have never died to sustained damage, and for oneshots I will rather take 35% chance to survive, than to have 70% chance to take 35% less damage (and probably die anyway).
But I might be missing something, and I am always willing to learn:)
"

Idea behind petrified blood on suppress version is to compensate for damage lost by going for the suppression. Pure suppress version (especially with Grace) will always be better defensively.
As we can afford to run Anomalous (and since this version runs Ashes), you get pretty much the same ehp as normal, while getting Pain Attunement bonus.

Glancing blows still feels like bait to me - I get that the point is to reduce oneshots, but is it really effective for that? To me it seems like by taking it, you go (for your setup) from 35% chance to avoid death completely to 70% chance to maybe survive if the damage would barely kill you otherwise.
I am not disputing that it reduces damage taken on average, because taking 35% less dmg on block means less damage goes to life - but I have never died to sustained damage, and for oneshots I will rather take 35% chance to survive, than to have 70% chance to take 35% less damage (and probably die anyway).
But I might be missing something, and I am always willing to learn:)

I see. I've been looking for ways to use Anomalous Petrified Blood with 130%+ quality because our recoup allow us to disregard the downside but I really find it difficult to discard Omniscience.

The Petrified Blood VS Glancing Blow depends too much on the quality for me to draw any sort of conclusion I guess, but I imagine I simply see my 36% Spell block as a 36% chance to Survive a nuke because I don't see a spell being Blocked, then Suppressed, then bypassing my Ward, MoM and finally my life to kill me unless it's the "targeted player dies" kind of roll, in which case I can't say any amount of defense, as ward looper, is going to save the day.

Perhaps it's a purely psychological issue on my part xD
Can't argue with the efficiency of Pain Attunement.
Thanks for the feedback, it's giving me things to think about while farming Simu. If I can get my hand on a proper Skin I will give it a serious go.
does Maven's Punishment do something against this build?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
unlucky_child escribió:

Yes, it disables life recoup. Meaning you're going to die very fast if you have righteous fire active.
"
Wonderglass escribió:
"
unlucky_child escribió:

Yes, it disables life recoup. Meaning you're going to die very fast if you have righteous fire active.

can i survive without RF?

"
unlucky_child escribió:

Yes, you can survive without RF.

If you meant to ask if you can survive "with" RF :
Yes you can, you will just drop fast to 1 HP until your Recoup works again. RF will be disabled also. But if your Forbidden Rite deals even 1 damage over your Ward then you're going to die instantly. It will also be very easy to die from the boss.

I see 3 ways to go about it.
1/ You avoid The Maven's Punishment. Which can prove difficult.
2/ You don't use Righteous Fire so if you're affected by the The Maven's Punishment, you will at least be full life and therefore have better chance to survive.
3/ You bring a flask that stop Burning effect on you. Once you're affected (or better yet, when you know you're going to be affected) by The Maven's Punishment and see your life dropping, use the flask and it will disable your Righteous Fire, until you active it again.

Personally, I just go all in, RF and all, and I don't disable it ever. Granted I usually die 4 times whenever I face her because I am really, really bad at her game, especially once the Brain stay in the middle of the Arena. I think this is where being able to deal enormous amount of damage and killing the Maven instantly is truly rewarding.
But actually, I don't even do The Maven anymore. I have never seen her drop anything worth even the cost of the invitation, and from what I've heard, she's even less rewarding now that regular map bosses can, supposedly, drop Awakened Gems.
"
Wonderglass escribió:
"
unlucky_child escribió:

Yes, you can survive without RF.

If you meant to ask if you can survive "with" RF :
Yes you can, you will just drop fast to 1 HP until your Recoup works again. RF will be disabled also. But if your Forbidden Rite deals even 1 damage over your Ward then you're going to die instantly. It will also be very easy to die from the boss.

I see 3 ways to go about it.
1/ You avoid The Maven's Punishment. Which can prove difficult.
2/ You don't use Righteous Fire so if you're affected by the The Maven's Punishment, you will at least be full life and therefore have better chance to survive.
3/ You bring a flask that stop Burning effect on you. Once you're affected (or better yet, when you know you're going to be affected) by The Maven's Punishment and see your life dropping, use the flask and it will disable your Righteous Fire, until you active it again.

Personally, I just go all in, RF and all, and I don't disable it ever. Granted I usually die 4 times whenever I face her because I am really, really bad at her game, especially once the Brain stay in the middle of the Arena. I think this is where being able to deal enormous amount of damage and killing the Maven instantly is truly rewarding.
But actually, I don't even do The Maven anymore. I have never seen her drop anything worth even the cost of the invitation, and from what I've heard, she's even less rewarding now that regular map bosses can, supposedly, drop Awakened Gems.

So in short. It is not possible this league for the build to work when get debuff cant recover hp.

Trying to incorporate a +2 amulet and running into issues with the ice spear / creeping frost loop. Can someone take a look at my current setup and help set me straight?

I initially moved to a single ring which worked fine using an empower 2 in helm and level 20 skeles. Now that I have the amulet I could probably drop the empower and slot FR back in the helm, opening up the unset for a frostbite or even swapping to an NTR.

***fixed the loop by swapping to a 18/20 divergent CWDT. Just need to deal with the mana issues now making it tough to start the loop up
Editado por útlima vez por Terceprime en 30 dic. 2022 23:50:00
"
Terceprime escribió:
Trying to incorporate a +2 amulet and running into issues with the ice spear / creeping frost loop. Can someone take a look at my current setup and help set me straight?

I initially moved to a single ring which worked fine using an empower 2 in helm and level 20 skeles. Now that I have the amulet I could probably drop the empower and slot FR back in the helm, opening up the unset for a frostbite or even swapping to an NTR.

***fixed the loop by swapping to a 18/20 divergent CWDT. Just need to deal with the mana issues now making it tough to start the loop up

Just copy my build...

There is a way and after a day of theory crafting and lot's of tree changing I found a way to alleviate the mana issues. Just add the -18% to mana cost of spells if you have been hit recently on boots enchant ( this triggers with CWDT also) , and take the 10% reduced cost of skills mastery... This will alleviate the problem.

Once you add a watchers eye and more levels and reach 2k mana the problem will be fixed since right now with 1800 I can start the loop perfectly first swap but if I cast anything else like flame dash I need to re-activate the loop since I am short on some mana.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional