3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

First of all I want to thank OP for the build. I took last league off and was suffering some serious POE burnout. I jumped back in with this build and have been having a blast burning through maps and accumulating currency. For the first time ever I managed to grind to level 97. Most fun I have had since my burning arrow elementalist (RIP). I can't bear to reroll again so I will keep playing this guy because I am sure it will be nerfed next league (any build I enjoy gets nerfed)

A variation I added that people may enjoy is Unspeakable gifts on the large chaos cluster. Costs a couple ex but it helps clear the trash and procs a lot.

Anyways, I'm at the office now but thinking about where the next improvements lie and figured I'd get the forum's opinion.

My thoughts were:
1. Headhunter with new boots to balance the resists
2. New ring with better despair on hit
3. Corrupted blood jewel
4. Thread of hope to get the increased skill duration
5. Plus 2 skill gems ammy
6. Some kind of fancier gloves
7. Level 21 Aura Gems
8. Level 4 Enlighten and some other aura (aspect of the spider?

My gear
Spoiler

Editado por útlima vez por ulraththeunclean en 8 dic. 2021 9:46:58
Hey,

I've made pretty much progress with my TR Champ and I'm almost totally happy with it.
Nevertheless it doesn't feel as tanky from time to time as I would expect, resulting in some deaths, making it hard to progress past lvl 94. I don't really know what causes my deaths, but it's some kind of degen.

Could some of you please take a look at my POB if I'm missing something? I know I'm a little bit low on life since I sacrified some life for my cluster jewel setup and I'm working on that. Anything else I can do? Chaos res? Can I fit some life regen anywhere?

Here's the POB: https://pastebin.com/0RbgQdxR

Thanks in advance!
"
fepicail escribió:
Hey,

I've made pretty much progress with my TR Champ and I'm almost totally happy with it.
Nevertheless it doesn't feel as tanky from time to time as I would expect, resulting in some deaths, making it hard to progress past lvl 94. I don't really know what causes my deaths, but it's some kind of degen.

Could some of you please take a look at my POB if I'm missing something? I know I'm a little bit low on life since I sacrified some life for my cluster jewel setup and I'm working on that. Anything else I can do? Chaos res? Can I fit some life regen anywhere?

Here's the POB: https://pastebin.com/0RbgQdxR

Thanks in advance!
I can see 2 things here. The first is easy to fix, the second is painful.

First is flasks. You're still using a curse flask, and you have complete curse immunity using Viridi's helm. You need ignite and shock immunity, and those usually come from flasks. You can drop extra speed, attack speed, and curses as suffixes, and add instead ignite, reduced shock effect, and either increased armour or evasion, depending on which one is lowest.

This will stop you from burning to death - which admittedly, isn't very likely with your life pool and resists, and it will stop you from being shocked, which boosts incoming damage quite a bit. Extra armour or evasion will decrease the amount of damage coming through as well.

Next up is the hard part. You need to have 155 strength and 111 intelligence.

Strength at 155 lets you run a level 20 molten shell and enduring cry, both of which are key to maintaining your defensive layers.

Intelligence at 111 lets you run a level 20 efficacy. And a level 20 concentrated effect if you end up going with more projectiles later.

This is why we aim for an Agate amulet, for the extra str/int stats, then we just need one big roll each on the amulet, chest, a ring, gloves, or boots. You only have one crafted mod on your belt. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix this. The "best" option I can see is to drop Atziri's step and try to find boots with move speed, life, spell suppression, and a big roll on str AND dex. If you can pick up a set with enough stats, you could drop the belt craft for some extra chaos resist.

If you can't get a set of boots - and I'll admit, that's a very specific set of affixes to try to search for - you're going to have to look for 2 pieces of gear with all the affixes you already have, and each one will need a big stat roll as well.

Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
ulraththeunclean escribió:
First of all I want to thank OP for the build. I took last league off and was suffering some serious POE burnout. I jumped back in with this build and have been having a blast burning through maps and accumulating currency. For the first time ever I managed to grind to level 97. Most fun I have had since my burning arrow elementalist (RIP). I can't bear to reroll again so I will keep playing this guy because I am sure it will be nerfed next league (any build I enjoy gets nerfed)

A variation I added that people may enjoy is Unspeakable gifts on the large chaos cluster. Costs a couple ex but it helps clear the trash and procs a lot.

Anyways, I'm at the office now but thinking about where the next improvements lie and figured I'd get the forum's opinion.

My thoughts were:
1. Headhunter with new boots to balance the resists
2. New ring with better despair on hit
3. Corrupted blood jewel
4. Thread of hope to get the increased skill duration
5. Plus 2 skill gems ammy
6. Some kind of fancier gloves
7. Level 21 Aura Gems
8. Level 4 Enlighten and some other aura (aspect of the spider?

My gear
Spoiler

1. Excellent if you can.
2. Not much of a boost - most of the big bosses have reduced curse effectiveness anyway. Still, if you're min-maxing, why not.
3. Yes. Especially if you run Sirus frequently.
4. Make sure you plug both trees into POB first. Seems hard to justify in most cases.
5. Yes.
6. Yes.
7. Also not much of a boost.
8. No. The extra level doesn't free up enough mana to reserve anything else as far as I can see, unless you're trying to add in a level 1 clarity / vitality for watcher's eye mods.

If I were to suggest something, it would be dropping the QOTF chest for a rare with frenzy charge generation. Your current amulet works fine for mapping, but without things to kill during boss fights, it'll leave you without any charges. And if you're going to go there, might as well get one with a super high life roll and enough open affixes to multi-mod, then add % of life as extra ES and % increased life / mana. Then grab Ghost Dance on the tree and enjoy one of the best defensive layers currently available in the game! :)
"
grimjack68 escribió:

First is flasks. You're still using a curse flask, and you have complete curse immunity using Viridi's helm. You need ignite and shock immunity, and those usually come from flasks. You can drop extra speed, attack speed, and curses as suffixes, and add instead ignite, reduced shock effect, and either increased armour or evasion, depending on which one is lowest.

This will stop you from burning to death - which admittedly, isn't very likely with your life pool and resists, and it will stop you from being shocked, which boosts incoming damage quite a bit. Extra armour or evasion will decrease the amount of damage coming through as well.

Strength at 155 lets you run a level 20 molten shell and enduring cry, both of which are key to maintaining your defensive layers.

Intelligence at 111 lets you run a level 20 efficacy. And a level 20 concentrated effect if you end up going with more projectiles later.

This is why we aim for an Agate amulet, for the extra str/int stats, then we just need one big roll each on the amulet, chest, a ring, gloves, or boots. You only have one crafted mod on your belt. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix this. The "best" option I can see is to drop Atziri's step and try to find boots with move speed, life, spell suppression, and a big roll on str AND dex. If you can pick up a set with enough stats, you could drop the belt craft for some extra chaos resist.

If you can't get a set of boots - and I'll admit, that's a very specific set of affixes to try to search for - you're going to have to look for 2 pieces of gear with all the affixes you already have, and each one will need a big stat roll as well.

I'm amazed how bad my understanding of the game sometimes is. Fixing the flasks alone helped me a ton which made me reach lvl 95 today after being stuck at 94.5ish for 4 days.

For the second part - finding such boots is really difficult. I helped myself by allocating the +30 int and str nodes on the tree, which gives me time to fix my gear.

These "little" fixing alone really helped being more tanky. Thank you very much for your activity in this thread, not only for me but all the players you patiently help everyday!
"
fepicail escribió:
"
grimjack68 escribió:

I'm amazed how bad my understanding of the game sometimes is. Fixing the flasks alone helped me a ton which made me reach lvl 95 today after being stuck at 94.5ish for 4 days.

For the second part - finding such boots is really difficult. I helped myself by allocating the +30 int and str nodes on the tree, which gives me time to fix my gear.

These "little" fixing alone really helped being more tanky. Thank you very much for your activity in this thread, not only for me but all the players you patiently help everyday!

Just to add, if you can get boots with freeze immunity you can also swap your Major Pantheon to Soul of Arakaali which will help reduce damage over time. And also Soul of Shakari (minor) if you wish.
"
reder escribió:
"
VigorDracul escribió:
"
reder escribió:

why everyone has that conc effect? how does it work and why is it good for tr?
Sorry im newbie

I think this thread explains it very well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/qc1chz/regarding_darkees_21_radius_toxic_rain_overlap/?sort=new

I found nothing about concecraded ground on arrmor effect there:/ I know about 39procent aoe sir :/

Maybe I misunderstood your question. I thought you are talking about conc effect.

Conc Effect is well explained in the link I gave you:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oe3A1gnJXHC_0YvaWe7yfxf5RFDo2IQ9ai6HZjTtyTs/edit?usp=sharingThis is a documented tests of all my TR testing done on PVP. For Darkee's setup with exactly 39% Inc. AoE WITHOUT concentrated effect, it is sitting at ~4.92 overlapping pods 4.35 overlapping pods. While If I increased or reduce the AoE by 1, the numbers dropped to around 4.2 - 4.3 4.0-4.1 instead.

**39% inc. AoE is NOT the best result we've found.**If you looked into my spreadsheet of tests, you can see that on a specific one, it has ~5.29 overlaps. It can be obtained via either 15% anomalous concentrated effect with 0% Inc. AoE, or 20% anomalous concentrated effect with 5% Inc. AoE.

Consecrated Ground is for life regen or with Zealot's Oath for ES.
Editado por útlima vez por VigorDracul en 9 dic. 2021 13:16:01
"
VigorDracul escribió:

**39% inc. AoE is NOT the best result we've found.**If you looked into my spreadsheet of tests, you can see that on a specific one, it has ~5.29 overlaps. It can be obtained via either 15% anomalous concentrated effect with 0% Inc. AoE, or 20% anomalous concentrated effect with 5% Inc. AoE.

I thought it had some secret synergy that i missed with some item(sulphur flask) or mastery, Prices is through the roof on armors with that effect 50ex + . I wonder is that better for me or something like non-curse aura effect for dps/survivability? I am planing on crafting armor I wonder what to focus with frenzy, I have tons of currency
IGN: RederisMangusta CONTACT ME WHEN I WON THE TRADE!
ScreenShaker
My playlist: https://soundcloud.com/rederis/sets/chilizaust-now
Editado por útlima vez por reder en 9 dic. 2021 14:30:14
"
reder escribió:
"
VigorDracul escribió:

I thought it had some secret synergy that i missed with some item(sulphur flask) or mastery, Prices is through the roof on armors with that effect 50ex + . I wonder is that better for me or something like non-curse aura effect for dps/survivability? I am planing on crafting armor I wonder what to focus with frenzy, I have tons of currency
Non-curse aura is really tough to craft, as it's also a Redeemer mod same as frenzy charge generation, so you can't get it by combining two armours with an Awakening orb.
"
reder escribió:

As Grimjack already mentioned it is very hard to craft. I would try it in https://www.craftofexile.com/ first.

About the DPS. Overlapping pods is more or less a single traget DPS increase. (In this case a huge one). You wont benefit from it in mapping. As we usually dont face any problems in clearing maps it is a good way to improve on faster boss kills.

I dont know what is better for you but you can always create both armors in POB and see what it does to your char. (You would have to change the number of overlapping PODs in config for the conc effect chest).
Editado por útlima vez por VigorDracul en 10 dic. 2021 2:43:09

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional