[3.25 READY] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

I finaly found a nice Sinistral Gloves base, whats the best method to craft it for Shield Crush ? :)
"
KGF escribió:
Can anyone tell how this build work for end-game? Tier 16 .. awakener 8 and all that? cant find anyone who have said this build works amazing end-game :-P

It is not a glass canon build so the dps is not very high but it works fine in T16 maps or for awakener 8.
I avoid some mods in maps though.
I reroll if there is - block chances or no regen.

"
Turbopuschel1 escribió:
I finaly found a nice Sinistral Gloves base, whats the best method to craft it for Shield Crush ? :)

I would just spam few essences of greed and stop when mods are ok with 1 suffix to craft attack speed.
You can also try life+physical fossils but the dps the flat physical adds on gloves is almost nothing.

Note that if the gloves are ilvl 73 to 79 you have 50% chances to get Culling strike if you use a warlord exalted orb.
The 3 prefixes must be filled and you need 2 free suffixes.
Craft "% chance to Avoid being Stunned" and use the orb.
You can only get Culling Strike or 3% block attack damage.

Edit: just tested on ilvl 81 gloves (1/3 chance to get culling strike) and got Block.
But that's crazy what you can craft for less than 2 Ex with this method:
Editado por útlima vez por Gromhouleux en 22 ago. 2021 11:50:32
Hey, I've been playing this build as my second league char and i've gotta say it's alot of fun. Although ive recently changed my body armor so I wouldnt need to use lifetap. I then checked on what i could replace lifetap with, I saw a lot of player were using pulverise which seems a good choice but ive also checked on POB what would be the most dmg and close combat was first in the list. Since then I'm using close combat instead of Lifetap but is it that better? I mean since nobody else plays it there might be a reason. Any thoughts on that? maybe I'm super wrong playing that gems I'm really not sure tbh.
"
NeroD3 escribió:
Hey, I've been playing this build as my second league char and i've gotta say it's alot of fun. Although ive recently changed my body armor so I wouldnt need to use lifetap. I then checked on what i could replace lifetap with, I saw a lot of player were using pulverise which seems a good choice but ive also checked on POB what would be the most dmg and close combat was first in the list. Since then I'm using close combat instead of Lifetap but is it that better? I mean since nobody else plays it there might be a reason. Any thoughts on that? maybe I'm super wrong playing that gems I'm really not sure tbh.

Tested in PoB and Pulverize gives 20% more dps than close combat, not sure if there is something to enable in the calculations though.

Moreover pulverize is very good for mapping and you don't want always to be too close to the enemy. even if you are tanky
"
Gromhouleux escribió:
"
KGF escribió:
Can anyone tell how this build work for end-game? Tier 16 .. awakener 8 and all that? cant find anyone who have said this build works amazing end-game :-P

It is not a glass canon build so the dps is not very high but it works fine in T16 maps or for awakener 8.
I avoid some mods in maps though.
I reroll if there is - block chances or no regen.

"
Turbopuschel1 escribió:

I would just spam few essences of greed and stop when mods are ok with 1 suffix to craft attack speed.
You can also try life+physical fossils but the dps the flat physical adds on gloves is almost nothing.

Note that if the gloves are ilvl 73 to 79 you have 50% chances to get Culling strike if you use a warlord exalted orb.
The 3 prefixes must be filled and you need 2 free suffixes.
Craft "% chance to Avoid being Stunned" and use the orb.
You can only get Culling Strike or 3% block attack damage.

Edit: just tested on ilvl 81 gloves (1/3 chance to get culling strike) and got Block.
But that's crazy what you can craft for less than 2 Ex with this method:

Great discovery! I'll be tinkering with this today and will ultimately add it into the build as an 'endgame' reach. Both Culling Strike and chance to block are awesome for this build, so it's a win-win!
"
Gromhouleux escribió:
"
NeroD3 escribió:

Tested in PoB and Pulverize gives 20% more dps than close combat, not sure if there is something to enable in the calculations though.

Moreover pulverize is very good for mapping and you don't want always to be too close to the enemy. even if you are tanky

I just checked on PoB and there is something called "melee distance to enemy" in the "for effective DPS" section. But the thing is i dont how much that number means in game.

Also yes the fact that being closer to the enemy can be risky, altho by using close combat you're not losing any AS from pulverize which results in more freedom in movement. Maybe I'm wrong tho or maybe my PoB is screwed lol
Editado por útlima vez por NeroD3 en 22 ago. 2021 12:23:11
"
NeroD3 escribió:
Since then I'm using close combat instead of Lifetap but is it that better? I mean since nobody else plays it there might be a reason. Any thoughts on that?

Close Combat cannot support Shield Crush.

From the gem description:

"Supported Skills can only be used with Axes or Swords" You are using a shield to attack.

You can also check it in-game by removing the Close Combat gem, putting it in your inventory and hovering your mouse over it to see which skills you are currently using can be supported by the gem of your choice.

"
KGF escribió:

Shield Crush works really well, finished all content on SSF with it one week ago (Level 100, Maven AW9, all invitations including The Feared, Sirus AW9, full completion, 37 challenges, etc).

Cheers!
"
NeroD3 escribió:

I just checked on PoB and there is something called "melee distance to enemy" in the "for effective DPS" section. But the thing is i dont how much that number means in game.

Also yes the fact that being closer to the enemy can be risky, altho by using close combat you're not losing any AS from pulverize which results in more freedom in movement. Maybe I'm wrong tho or maybe my PoB is screwed lol

You are right, with this option close combat do more dps.
So it is up to you to choose if you want to take more risks to do more damage.

I still prefer Lifetap for QoL (94% of reserved mana and no mana issue) and even use Pulverize instead of Melee damage support.
"
kireek escribió:
"
NeroD3 escribió:
Since then I'm using close combat instead of Lifetap but is it that better? I mean since nobody else plays it there might be a reason. Any thoughts on that?

Close Combat cannot support Shield Crush.

From the gem description:

"Supported Skills can only be used with Axes or Swords" You are using a shield to attack.

You can also check it in-game by removing the Close Combat gem, putting it in your inventory and hovering your mouse over it to see which skills you are currently using can be supported by the gem of your choice.

"
KGF escribió:

Shield Crush works really well, finished all content on SSF with it one week ago (Level 100, Maven AW9, all invitations including The Feared, Sirus AW9, full completion, 37 challenges, etc).

Cheers!

Oh my you're right. I actually went full blind following my PoB since it's showing dps increased on it. Thanks alot lol i wouldnt have see it by myself tbh.
"
Gromhouleux escribió:
"
NeroD3 escribió:

You are right, with this option close combat do more dps.
So it is up to you to choose if you want to take more risks to do more damage.

I still prefer Lifetap for QoL (94% of reserved mana and no mana issue) and even use Pulverize instead of Melee damage support.

I was actually wrong, close combat CANNOT support shield crush (even if pob says the opposite in terms of numbers) so yeah I played a 5link for a while now, insane.

Speaking of lifetap i've already bought a -mana cost chest and ring sadly.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional