[3.13] Lancing Steel Deadeye/Raider | Very Fun Playstyle | 4-50M DPS Easy Gearing Path

"
sasparillatango escribió:
I've swapped my ranger over to try out lancing steel, but man I feel squishy. A good chunk of that might just be getting a little more practice with the flow of the build since I didn't level just swapped over from another build.

"
As for critting fast enough, it seems like each burst either crits or doesn't, so the crits are a little uneven. Since there's a cooldown on surgeon's, I'd only expect to get a couple ticks on it per burst. I'm not really sure how to test this effectively honestly. It would be interesting to know exactly how crits work.

I've heard that boss abilities that have multiple projectiles which makes the Eater of Souls Divine vessel really strong, all crit or all don't so I would bet that player abilities behave similarly.

You're using Perfect Form, so you could drop Phase Acrobatics in the tree to give yourself a point. Personally I wasn't sure about using Mercenary's Lot, since I find mark skills mostly useful against bosses right now. Though I am only doing t7-8 maps at the moment.

On another note,

I'm using a saviour, but i do wonder if a second Beltimber might be better at this level until I get more crit. My damage needs to get up there :D
Editado por útlima vez por agm_ultimatex en 9 oct. 2020 14:59:04
"
I've swapped my ranger over to try out lancing steel, but man I feel squishy. A good chunk of that might just be getting a little more practice with the flow of the build since I didn't level just swapped over from another build.

Survival in this build (my version at least) is all about on-hit life effects. I'm using 2x 20 life on hit rings, rupture for 30 on hit, and poacher's mark for 50 on hit, making a total of 120/hit. This means that as long as I'm standing and shooting my life will refill from 0-5000+ almost instantly, making one-shots the big concern. The rings really are essential though since they don't require any setup for that base level of 40/hit life gain.

Basically, the most dangerous thing I can do is to stop attacking.

"
agm_ultimatex escribió:
Personally I wasn't sure about using Mercenary's Lot, since I find mark skills mostly useful against bosses right now. Though I am only doing t7-8 maps at the moment.

Sniper's mark is AMAZING for clear until your damage gets high enough to just one-tap everything. Every one of your projectiles creates 4 more, and you shoot a LOT of projectiles. You will basically fill the screen with projectiles in every direction as long as you're shooting something with sniper's mark on it. Basically, if your clear is slow enough that the 0.5 seconds to cast it doesn't feel slow, then it's very nice. I swapped out of this setup once I got to a point that a single burst would clear any group of T16 mobs.

This is also fantastic for bosses that have lots of small adds (metamorph for example). Put sniper's mark on the boss and you will just instantly kill anything it spawns.

"
agm_ultimatex escribió:
On another note,

I'm using a saviour, but i do wonder if a second Beltimber might be better at this level until I get more crit. My damage needs to get up there :D

I swapped from 2xBeltimber to the Saviour setup pretty late on when my DPS was already very good. They are both very good choices, but if it feels like you have to spend a lot of time thinking about keeping your mirrors up, then I'd use 2xBeltimber.

Also, remember to use a diamond flask with Saviour. It makes a huge difference.
Thanks for the reply! I don't believe I've said it yet, but am rather enjoying the build. It's a neat play style, and am enjoying skill so far. With your note there on sniper's mark, do you mostly use that self cast + vulnerability on hit? Then drop in poachers mark casts when you need the survivability?
"
agm_ultimatex escribió:
Thanks for the reply! I don't believe I've said it yet, but am rather enjoying the build. It's a neat play style, and am enjoying skill so far. With your note there on sniper's mark, do you mostly use that self cast + vulnerability on hit? Then drop in poachers mark casts when you need the survivability?

Wanted to throw in that I'm also really enjoying the playstyle and never would have thought of trying this build if not for this post. I've invested in a 20 life per hit/ poacher's mark on hit ring and it makes a huge difference. and throwing up snipers on beefy mobs helps a bunch too.
"
agm_ultimatex escribió:

I use poacher's mark almost exclusively now for one reason: its quality gives frenzy charges on hit. This means that the Deadeye can also rely on frenzy charges and they give a HUGE amount of extra DPS. With frenzy charges Deadeye pulls way out ahead of Raider in damage.

For clearing, Disciple of the Slaughter gives frenzy charges and for bossing poacher's mark gives them (even at just 5% on hit, with this build's hit rate you can max out very quickly).

I'm actually a little curious about trying alternate quality sniper's mark for 40% knockback, now that I look at the skill... that might be very fun for bosses.
Ha ha, confirmed...

...knockback is great with this build. You can just smash your target into the corner and keep it there.
So I've put Phase Run on my M1 button to ensure I've always got the movement buff to Beltimber. Feels like it helps a lot in ensuring its up. Personally I hate movement with whirling blades since its got that fixed distance it moves you instead of having good control over where you end up. I'm still using it to try to maintain fortify though.
Getting into mid range red maps now. Fought the hunter yesterday, 1 death but otherwise okay. I still need to pick up a dying sun flask, but finding my survivability could be better. Died to a couple of incursions in a t14 map.

"
So I've put Phase Run on my M1 button to ensure I've always got the movement buff to Beltimber. Feels like it helps a lot in ensuring its up. Personally I hate movement with whirling blades since its got that fixed distance it moves you instead of having good control over where you end up. I'm still using it to try to maintain fortify though.

That's an interesting idea if you're not using your frenzy charges. I generally just switch between whirling blades and leap slam depending on if I need control over where I end up (Sirus I'm looking at you).
"
agm_ultimatex escribió:
Getting into mid range red maps now. Fought the hunter yesterday, 1 death but otherwise okay. I still need to pick up a dying sun flask, but finding my survivability could be better. Died to a couple of incursions in a t14 map.

I'm learning from replies that trouble surviving with this build is almost always because you're using the wrong rings:

All other forms of meaningful life on hit require some amount of setup and once you stack enough life on hit this build has about the highest potential life regen of any build in the game. Find two rings with 20 life on hit, put them on, and I think you'll find your survival jumps through the roof.

Also consider Arrow Dancing keystone passive. After I switched my passives up to include this, I've found that I really only die because (a) I do something stupid, or (b) I'm fighting a top tier boss (Sirus, Aul, Uber Atziri) where I have bad mechanics. If you take this, you just need to remember not to let anything touch you.

Aside from that, I find the most dangerous thing I encounter are stuns, which I haven't added any kind of immunity to. Soul of the Brine King can be a big help here preventing the occasional chain stun that you don't live through.
Kk cool, ill see if i can get some LoH rings. I think what happened to me recently was just getting bursted by like 30 enemies at once lol. So i wasnt able to get a shot off, or didnt have my shards yet, something like that.

Am using Soul of the Brine king, though i've had a heck of a time finding Divine Vessels this league.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional