[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

Say suppose that someone runs chaos inoculation keystone and energy shield would that be counted as low life all the time?

Just theoretically :D
"
Shahared escribió:
You are probably not looking at the correct character on my account. The links are like this: Enlighten lvl 3, Pride, Flesh and Stone, Maim. That's a four link in my helmet. Next links: Enlighten lvl 3, Dread Banner, Blood and Sand, Precision lvl 4. That's the 4 link in my gloves. You need to run the enlighten on all the mana reserve skills, NOT skills that don't reserve mana. The whole point of using enlighten is to reduce the amount of mana being reserved by aura skills. Using them on skills that don't reserve mana like blood rage is not going to do anything to help us use more auras.

The thing you need to understand about Auras is that they are percentage based, and they reserve that percentage of your entire mana pool. If each aura combined together adds up to over 100% you would be reserving more mana than you have available. That's why we need to use enlighten on them, in order to reduce their amount reserved to be less than 100%. The amount of mana you have is completely irrelevant in this regard. You could have 100 mana or 1000 mana, the auras will still work as long as they don't reserve over 100%.

The only reason total mana matters is for how much you have left after you reserve a portion of your total pool. So if you have a total mana pool of 100, and you reserve 90% of that, you are left with 10 mana to cast spells with. If you had a total mana pool of 1000 and you reserved 90% of that, you would have 100 mana left to cast spells with.

One more thing I forgot to note: The only Aura we are running that is not percentage based is Precision. It reserves a flat amount of mana that increases as it levels. Which is why we have to leave it at lvl 4. If you are still having problems reserving mana after linking your gems as described above, it's going to be precision that is causing the problem. You will either have to de-level it using the vendor recipe, or leave it off. You can see the percentages that each gem would normally reserve in their tooltips in the inventory, and you can see what they currently reserve after being linked to an enlighten gem by looking at the tooltips for the skills in your hotbar.

Both enlightens are hitting the auras. Exactly like his POB has it. Exactly as you have instructed. Unfortunately it is not even close to being enough mana to run Pride. Hell, it's not even close if I turn of dread banner and precision. Not even in the ball park here. What character are you playing, and is it a character that is not a Duelist? You might just have shit tons of mana or something. Even the guide instructs the player not to switch to Pride until after the -15 on the armor is acquired. But that doesn't work either, not for me, slapping -3s on all jewelry.

Thankfully the ring is working out okay, and I can comfortably run Pride/Dread/Precision auras while leeching mana.
"
KitesAreFun escribió:
"
Shahared escribió:
You are probably not looking at the correct character on my account. The links are like this: Enlighten lvl 3, Pride, Flesh and Stone, Maim. That's a four link in my helmet. Next links: Enlighten lvl 3, Dread Banner, Blood and Sand, Precision lvl 4. That's the 4 link in my gloves. You need to run the enlighten on all the mana reserve skills, NOT skills that don't reserve mana. The whole point of using enlighten is to reduce the amount of mana being reserved by aura skills. Using them on skills that don't reserve mana like blood rage is not going to do anything to help us use more auras.

The thing you need to understand about Auras is that they are percentage based, and they reserve that percentage of your entire mana pool. If each aura combined together adds up to over 100% you would be reserving more mana than you have available. That's why we need to use enlighten on them, in order to reduce their amount reserved to be less than 100%. The amount of mana you have is completely irrelevant in this regard. You could have 100 mana or 1000 mana, the auras will still work as long as they don't reserve over 100%.

The only reason total mana matters is for how much you have left after you reserve a portion of your total pool. So if you have a total mana pool of 100, and you reserve 90% of that, you are left with 10 mana to cast spells with. If you had a total mana pool of 1000 and you reserved 90% of that, you would have 100 mana left to cast spells with.

One more thing I forgot to note: The only Aura we are running that is not percentage based is Precision. It reserves a flat amount of mana that increases as it levels. Which is why we have to leave it at lvl 4. If you are still having problems reserving mana after linking your gems as described above, it's going to be precision that is causing the problem. You will either have to de-level it using the vendor recipe, or leave it off. You can see the percentages that each gem would normally reserve in their tooltips in the inventory, and you can see what they currently reserve after being linked to an enlighten gem by looking at the tooltips for the skills in your hotbar.

Both enlightens are hitting the auras. Exactly like his POB has it. Exactly as you have instructed. Unfortunately it is not even close to being enough mana to run Pride. Hell, it's not even close if I turn of dread banner and precision. Not even in the ball park here. What character are you playing, and is it a character that is not a Duelist? You might just have shit tons of mana or something. Even the guide instructs the player not to switch to Pride until after the -15 on the armor is acquired. But that doesn't work either, not for me, slapping -3s on all jewelry.

Thankfully the ring is working out okay, and I can comfortably run Pride/Dread/Precision auras while leeching mana.

You can't run the second aura setup that uses pride until you can make Cyclone cost no mana at all, simply due to the fact that running that aura setup reserves almost all of our mana. you can run the first setup consisting of Dread Banner, Blood and Sand, Precision (level 4), Flesh and Stone, and Herald of Purity, all of that with only a bit of mana leech somewhere on your gear or in a jewel, I did exactly that and tested it on a tabula with a 6 link and made sure it sustained enough mana. I used a jewel with .35% mana leech in addition to that .4% node on the tree before I got my -15 chest and swapped to the pride setup.

Unless you have a -15 mana cost chest or -3 to mana cost on your accessories, you can't run the second setup consisting of Pride, Flesh and Stone, Enlighten 3, and Blood and Sand, Precision, Dread Banner, with Enlighten 3. The guide clearly explained that you can't use that second setup until you can make cyclone cost zero mana. With the first setup, I easily leeched all my mana as I used it and could sustain the mana cost for as long as there was something to hit, for the second setup, I have 24 unreserved mana. I have a -15 cost chest which makes having such little mana have no impact on me, my current blood rage gem only costs 16 mana and I only use the vaal warchief which costs 0 mana, whirling blades is linked to blood magic.

However, if you want to change up the build and run Pride before being able to make Cyclone cost zero mana, then you're free to do so.
Editado por útlima vez por madmarvels en 26 abr. 2020 21:22:03
And I've clearly explained I have the rings and ammy with -3. Doesn't leave room for pride. I can say it again if you want. I even have two praxis rings -6 and -8 with ammy at -3. Still doesn't leave room for Pride. That's -17 total mana cost. That's better than the Armor. Doesn't leave room for Pride. Why?

I see the mana in the bubble. There is mana left over, that's for sure. The pride is just blacked out. I've explained this too... I've gotten every mana node in our area of the tree to see if that would bring my mana high enough to matter... NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR PRIDE.

Why?

"
KitesAreFun escribió:
And I've clearly explained I have the rings and ammy with -3. Doesn't leave room for pride. I can say it again if you want. I even have two praxis rings -6 and -8 with ammy at -3. Still doesn't leave room for Pride. That's -17 total mana cost. That's better than the Armor. Doesn't leave room for Pride. Why?

I see the mana in the bubble. There is mana left over, that's for sure. The pride is just blacked out. I've explained this too... I've gotten every mana node in our area of the tree to see if that would bring my mana high enough to matter... NOT ENOUGH ROOM FOR PRIDE.

Why?

I looked at your PoB and changed the auras to the second setup. I replaced both rings with Praxis, which is the only change to your gear I made, and you end up with 37 unreserved mana with all auras active. That's all the information I have to go off of. From looking at the PoB, you are perfectly capable of running that aura setup, there is nothing else in the PoB that can show me what's wrong. I've looked at your gear, the jewels in your tree, and the nodes you've taken, and as long as all 5 of those auras are linked to an enlighten, then there is nothing to show me that you can't run the 5 auras together. Just in case, the auras are Precision (level 4), flesh and stone, blood and sand, pride, and dread banner.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure none of your gear reserves more mana (which is exactly what essence worm does, so make sure you remove it when trying the aura setup in your other gear links).
Editado por útlima vez por madmarvels en 26 abr. 2020 22:27:23
"
KitesAreFun escribió:
That's -17 total mana cost. That's better than the Armor. Doesn't leave room for Pride. Why?

Because you're not getting it.

That's -17 to total mana cost of skills. Pride will want to reserve (without enlighten) 50% of your mana pool. Reducing the amount of mana required to use a skill will not improve your ability to reserve more mana.

As has been explained previously the following gems linked work:

Maim + Flesh & Stone + Pride + Enlighten (lvl 3)

and

Dread Banner + Blood & Sand + Precision (lvl 4) + Enlighten (lvl 3)

If you were following the guide and not doing your own thing, i.e. trying to run pride in an Essence Worm, I'm sure it would work. See the line on the Essence Worm that reads "40% increased mana reserved"... yeah, you're doing it wrong. Take off that ring and I'm sure it will work.

This is why.
"
Cypr3ss_2012 escribió:
"
KitesAreFun escribió:
That's -17 total mana cost. That's better than the Armor. Doesn't leave room for Pride. Why?

Because you're not getting it.

That's -17 to total mana cost of skills. Pride will want to reserve (without enlighten) 50% of your mana pool. Reducing the amount of mana required to use a skill will not improve your ability to reserve more mana.

As has been explained previously the following gems linked work:

Maim + Flesh & Stone + Pride + Enlighten (lvl 3)

and

Dread Banner + Blood & Sand + Precision (lvl 4) + Enlighten (lvl 3)

If you were following the guide and not doing your own thing, i.e. trying to run pride in an Essence Worm, I'm sure it would work. See the line on the Essence Worm that reads "40% increased mana reserved"... yeah, you're doing it wrong. Take off that ring and I'm sure it will work.

This is why.

The two rings at -6 and -8 was a last ditch effort, they leave me with more mana (less reserved mana) than the two -3 rings. I don't know what they do exactly in terms of mechanics and equations but their effect on my reserved and mana pool is better.

If you don't know why it doesn't work (assume I mean only pride and flesh and stone NOTHING ELSE for the sake of argument), then just say so. Do you have any other explanation? The correct explanation remains to be communicated. I'm sure it's simple. Maybe it's my corrupt enlightens. Maybe I'm missing something in his POB - a jewel say, that helps him get stuff up and running. Maybe it's a bug. Maybe I should initiate all auras again and use a portal to some zone and see what happens there... whatever it is, it's not the essence ring because I never use the ring when attempting the OP's build. And for the love of god, it's not the set-up. Maybe I'm just a wee bit short on mana... I could try getting mass amounts of intelligence nodes just for fun. Get me up to 803 mana, right where the OP is on POB in the min/max build that is unfinished.

So far the essence ring is the solution. Not the problem. Are you listening new players? Try it out... works wonders. I have max resists.

Why don't you take a look at my guy FieryRageEternal. All I do when I attempt the OPs build is drop all current jewelry, put in all -3 jewelry and move pride to the lower left with flesh and stone/maim/enlighten. Easy peazy. I've done it a thousand times during my testing trying to get Pride up.

"
The two rings at -6 and -8 was a last ditch effort, they leave me with more mana (less reserved mana) than the two -3 rings. I don't know what they do exactly in terms of mechanics and equations but their effect on my reserved and mana pool is better.

If you don't know why it doesn't work (assume I mean only pride and flesh and stone NOTHING ELSE for the sake of argument), then just say so. Do you have any other explanation? The correct explanation remains to be communicated. I'm sure it's simple. Maybe it's my corrupt enlightens. Maybe I'm missing something in his POB - a jewel say, that helps him get stuff up and running. Maybe it's a bug. Maybe I should initiate all auras again and use a portal to some zone and see what happens there... whatever it is, it's not the essence ring because I never use the ring when attempting the OP's build. And for the love of god, it's not the set-up. Maybe I'm just a wee bit short on mana... I could try getting mass amounts of intelligence nodes just for fun. Get me up to 803 mana, right where the OP is on POB in the min/max build that is unfinished.

So far the essence ring is the solution. Not the problem. Are you listening new players? Try it out... works wonders. I have max resists.

Why don't you take a look at my guy FieryRageEternal. All I do when I attempt the OPs build is drop all current jewelry, put in all -3 jewelry and move pride to the lower left with flesh and stone/maim/enlighten. Easy peazy. I've done it a thousand times during my testing trying to get Pride up.

I imported your current character to PoB again, I swapped Essence Worm to Praxis, put pride on your links with flesh and stone, and added blood and sand to the other enlighten links. You end up with 4% unreserved mana with 5 auras active. With Essence Worm removed as you've said, there's nothing holding you back unless your mana didnt regen before you tried to cast your auras. According to PoB, there is actually nothing else in your entire build preventing you from being able to use Pride and the other 4 auras with enlighten 3.
"
madmarvels escribió:

I looked at your PoB and changed the auras to the second setup. I replaced both rings with Praxis, which is the only change to your gear I made, and you end up with 37 unreserved mana with all auras active. That's all the information I have to go off of. From looking at the PoB, you are perfectly capable of running that aura setup, there is nothing else in the PoB that can show me what's wrong. I've looked at your gear, the jewels in your tree, and the nodes you've taken, and as long as all 5 of those auras are linked to an enlighten, then there is nothing to show me that you can't run the 5 auras together. Just in case, the auras are Precision (level 4), flesh and stone, blood and sand, pride, and dread banner.

The only thing I can suggest is to make sure none of your gear reserves more mana (which is exactly what essence worm does, so make sure you remove it when trying the aura setup in your other gear links).

I missed this. Thanks for looking. I don't get it either. I have lots of Mana left, but Pride just goes dark with a not enough Mana message.
I'd like to thank the guy that looked at my pob. I think he stumbled onto the solution. Was I waiting for stuff to degen? Good question!

Edit: Pride is still dark with the message on the Pride icon "not enough mana" when I clearly have enough mana.

I'm trying all this stuff in my hideout, that can't make a difference can it?
Editado por útlima vez por KitesAreFun en 27 abr. 2020 0:25:36

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional