[3.16 UPDATED] - Bergerbrush's Impale Cyclone Champion - League Starter & Beginner Friendly!

Delete
Editado por útlima vez por KitesAreFun en 25 abr. 2020 15:09:03
"
Shahared escribió:
"
KitesAreFun escribió:
Speaking of Pride auras I have to use a special ring just to use Pride/Precision/Flesh and Stone/Dread Banner ONLY.

I tried using three -3 mana jewelry... I can't get all those up. I can't even get the first 3 up, never mind the Dread Banner. I can't get the -15 armor... those are running 5ex plus.

You can absolutely run all the auras with only 2 lvl 3 enlightens. You can look at my character and see how they are set up. But if you run with the ring that makes pride free you increase the cost of all other auras by 40%. So that's probably the issue.

The point of the -mana rings (or chest) is to make cyclone cast free. This leaves totem and blood rage as the only skills you need to cast. Keep in mind that while auras are percentage based, and so with the setup we are using you will always have some free mana, how much of that mana is free is based on your total mana pool. You will need enough to cast totem and blood rage, and if you don't have enough you can either us a +mana mod on something, or stack more intelligence.

Not the issue because I don't run that ring when attempting pride with the two enlightens.

I'll take a look at your guy. I have 2 enlightens lvl 3 too. We shall see. Thank you for replying.

Edit: Not seeing two enlightens. You're not running flesh and stone either. Nor can I see your intelligence.

I'm running one enlighten with maim support/flesh and stone/dread banner. I'm running another enlighten with precision/blood rage.

Not running totem at all. Didn't work before I'll play around a bit.

Edit 2: Running the 2nd enlighten with blood rage/precision or pride/molten shell/CWDT doesn't work either. INT is 162 and Flesh and Stone just goes black with "not enough mana" same with Pride. I'd need about 350+ mana to be comfortable without using the pride for free ring. As it is now I have around 209 mana or so. I've even played around with nodes on the tree for mana or intelligence or mana reserved.

NOT WORKING - any of it.

Editado por útlima vez por KitesAreFun en 25 abr. 2020 15:41:59
Hi all, any advice on what should my next upgrade be?

Got around ~7ex to play with. I'll most probably have to upgrade everything besides the weapons, chest and head at one point.

Spoiler

Can't do A5 Sirus yet, not sure if it's the gear or just need more practice. Last A0 was deathless.

POB link: https://pastebin.com/FZVhbzm0
"
mirage2k640 escribió:
"
Shahared escribió:
"
KitesAreFun escribió:

You will need enough to cast totem and blood rage, and if you don't have enough you can either us a +mana mod on something, or stack more intelligence.

or use blood magic

I don't have enough life, tried that already. Similarly I don't even have close to enough mana to not use the ring that gives me Pride for free. As an experiment I gobbled up all the +mana and %mana nodes in the general area. There were a shit ton of them. Even then, I couldn't run Pride/Precision/Dread Banner/Flesh and Stone - even with rings with 60 mana each on top of the nodes.

So yeah...

"
madmarvels escribió:
I started this build recently and just got to maps last night and pushed a little to level 72. I was wondering when would be an appropriate time to respec my points from the right side of the tree and path up through the left side. I have enough chaos to afford decent clusters jewels and rares (like 400+ hard chaos). My original plan was to wait until level 80, so I can buy and equip steel rings along with all the other changes.

I'm somewhat facing the same question
It's my first time playing PoE, just got my Champion lvl 77 to maps now following the build but the "leveling to maps" transition got me pretty confused to what should be my next step, and then I saw the final tree and got even more confused, since it seems that I should respect almost half of my skills lol
Tried to search on the guide anything about that but didn't found out when's the proper time to switch...

Can anyone help this noob (me)?
"
KitesAreFun escribió:
"
Shahared escribió:
"
KitesAreFun escribió:
Speaking of Pride auras I have to use a special ring just to use Pride/Precision/Flesh and Stone/Dread Banner ONLY.

I tried using three -3 mana jewelry... I can't get all those up. I can't even get the first 3 up, never mind the Dread Banner. I can't get the -15 armor... those are running 5ex plus.

You can absolutely run all the auras with only 2 lvl 3 enlightens. You can look at my character and see how they are set up. But if you run with the ring that makes pride free you increase the cost of all other auras by 40%. So that's probably the issue.

The point of the -mana rings (or chest) is to make cyclone cast free. This leaves totem and blood rage as the only skills you need to cast. Keep in mind that while auras are percentage based, and so with the setup we are using you will always have some free mana, how much of that mana is free is based on your total mana pool. You will need enough to cast totem and blood rage, and if you don't have enough you can either us a +mana mod on something, or stack more intelligence.

Not the issue because I don't run that ring when attempting pride with the two enlightens.

I'll take a look at your guy. I have 2 enlightens lvl 3 too. We shall see. Thank you for replying.

Edit: Not seeing two enlightens. You're not running flesh and stone either. Nor can I see your intelligence.

I'm running one enlighten with maim support/flesh and stone/dread banner. I'm running another enlighten with precision/blood rage.

Not running totem at all. Didn't work before I'll play around a bit.

Edit 2: Running the 2nd enlighten with blood rage/precision or pride/molten shell/CWDT doesn't work either. INT is 162 and Flesh and Stone just goes black with "not enough mana" same with Pride. I'd need about 350+ mana to be comfortable without using the pride for free ring. As it is now I have around 209 mana or so. I've even played around with nodes on the tree for mana or intelligence or mana reserved.

NOT WORKING - any of it.

You are probably not looking at the correct character on my account. The links are like this: Enlighten lvl 3, Pride, Flesh and Stone, Maim. That's a four link in my helmet. Next links: Enlighten lvl 3, Dread Banner, Blood and Sand, Precision lvl 4. That's the 4 link in my gloves. You need to run the enlighten on all the mana reserve skills, NOT skills that don't reserve mana. The whole point of using enlighten is to reduce the amount of mana being reserved by aura skills. Using them on skills that don't reserve mana like blood rage is not going to do anything to help us use more auras.

The thing you need to understand about Auras is that they are percentage based, and they reserve that percentage of your entire mana pool. If each aura combined together adds up to over 100% you would be reserving more mana than you have available. That's why we need to use enlighten on them, in order to reduce their amount reserved to be less than 100%. The amount of mana you have is completely irrelevant in this regard. You could have 100 mana or 1000 mana, the auras will still work as long as they don't reserve over 100%.

The only reason total mana matters is for how much you have left after you reserve a portion of your total pool. So if you have a total mana pool of 100, and you reserve 90% of that, you are left with 10 mana to cast spells with. If you had a total mana pool of 1000 and you reserved 90% of that, you would have 100 mana left to cast spells with.

One more thing I forgot to note: The only Aura we are running that is not percentage based is Precision. It reserves a flat amount of mana that increases as it levels. Which is why we have to leave it at lvl 4. If you are still having problems reserving mana after linking your gems as described above, it's going to be precision that is causing the problem. You will either have to de-level it using the vendor recipe, or leave it off. You can see the percentages that each gem would normally reserve in their tooltips in the inventory, and you can see what they currently reserve after being linked to an enlighten gem by looking at the tooltips for the skills in your hotbar.
Editado por útlima vez por Shahared en 26 abr. 2020 4:24:21
"
Typhonite escribió:
"
madmarvels escribió:
I started this build recently and just got to maps last night and pushed a little to level 72. I was wondering when would be an appropriate time to respec my points from the right side of the tree and path up through the left side. I have enough chaos to afford decent clusters jewels and rares (like 400+ hard chaos). My original plan was to wait until level 80, so I can buy and equip steel rings along with all the other changes.

It's my first time playing PoE, just got my Champion lvl 77 to maps now following the build but the "leveling to maps" transition got me pretty confused to what should be my next step, and then I saw the final tree and got even more confused, since it seems that I should respect almost half of my skills lol
Tried to search on the guide anything about that but didn't found out when's the proper time to switch...

What I did was simply compare the trees, count how many refund points I would need to remove the skills that are going away, how many points I would need to fill the rest of the tree, and finally double check that I would have enough dexterity to still be able to have all my gear. After that you just need the necessary refund points.

It's a pretty easy respec because if I recall correctly you actually need less points to get to the left than the amount of points you are removing from the right side of the tree. You will get some more health, and more damage, but lose all the dex nodes. This can be partially made up by just taking one of the big 30 dex nodes on the left side of the tree. But it seems to me that having enough dex to support all your gear and gems is the only limiting factor as to when you should respec.
"
Shahared escribió:
"
Typhonite escribió:
"
madmarvels escribió:

What I did was simply compare the trees, count how many refund points I would need to remove the skills that are going away, how many points I would need to fill the rest of the tree, and finally double check that I would have enough dexterity to still be able to have all my gear. After that you just need the necessary refund points.

It's a pretty easy respec because if I recall correctly you actually need less points to get to the left than the amount of points you are removing from the right side of the tree. You will get some more health, and more damage, but lose all the dex nodes. This can be partially made up by just taking one of the big 30 dex nodes on the left side of the tree. But it seems to me that having enough dex to support all your gear and gems is the only limiting factor as to when you should respec.

Thanks, it worked!
Did the math like you said, and actually it was the exact amount of skill points needed! (because I had gotten an extra Jewel slot (2 points) plus that extra 30 dex (1 point).
Now I just need to get those double Deep Cuts to refund extra 5 points of Swift Skewering that Bergerbrush said
Can someone explain me how Worthy Foe is better choice then First to Strike, Last to fall.

+100% dmg from Adrenaline sound good enough and 25% speed, removing all aliments sounds great too.

Is that monster cant evade with Worthy Foe makse that big advantage?

I guess Adrenaline is not stable because its gainec on low life right?
"
mike_abram escribió:
Can someone explain me how Worthy Foe is better choice then First to Strike, Last to fall.

+100% dmg from Adrenaline sound good enough and 25% speed, removing all aliments sounds great too.

Is that monster cant evade with Worthy Foe makse that big advantage?

I guess Adrenaline is not stable because its gainec on low life right?

exactly what you said. I barely ever reach low life so adrenaline would never proc for me. The ability to hit 100% of the time is invaluable

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional