[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

how do you guys generate frenzy charges?
"
Arganista escribió:
What do you guys think is a good annointment for the build?

I'm going with Farsight, but having a jewel giving Onslaught on kill, without you can go with Graceful Assault.

"
everdream2k escribió:
how do you guys generate frenzy charges?

Enchant on the quiver.
Editado por útlima vez por Prong007 en 30 dic. 2019 7:41:01
"
What is my ideal gem setup if I only have 5Ls on my Opus and Hyrri's and no frenzy crit mod yet?

the gem links are in order of priority, do not use icebite in barrage without 7 frenzy, use added cold instead.

"
Padreweak escribió:
Hi Aquarism :)

Just wondering if you've tried the 4 ballistas Ice Shot for single target DPS (with taking Watchtower notable in the tree) like this build is doing ?

If so, do you think it's more damage self casting like in your build ? or using 4 ballistas like in this build ?

Thanks very much for you investment in this guide and the time you take to answer everyone ;)

First of all, that entire youtube channel and its website are promoting RMT. I looked through the gem links for ballista, he uses elemental focus and hypothermia, 2 counter synergies. you will need to use ice shot clear to proc chill on bosses to benefit from pandemonious and hypothermia.

all that considered, combined damage with ballista and clear yields about 5-6m dps, you are better off just using barrage.

"
kng710 escribió:

would i stil need to aim for 5k+ HP if i get more % eva? Struggling rn with my HP. Only at 4.9k, should be 5k when I get my Watcher's Eye

yes, 5k is about the threshold to survive 1 shaper ball.

"
Arganista escribió:

You can find a list of recommendations under amulet in gearing section.

"
ProofG escribió:

Got 25ex from selling some things, want to clear all content with this as i love it! and delve deeper

Wondering what I shoulkd upgrade? Also gotta swap my tree around a little bit, should i focus lioneyes fall?

Im starting to have trouble with T12+ bosses and watchmen(or w/e they are called)

absolutely get lioneye fall, you will get a lot of crit from claw nodes. get an assassins mark ring, dying sun, atziri's promise. with these items you should clear all content
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
Editado por útlima vez por Aquarism en 30 dic. 2019 8:08:55
"
Slottm escribió:
I plan to do a big writeup for the build tomorrow, if you want to wait. I helped someone from the thread transform his build, and says he's "facerolling" content now. =)

I am looking forward to your write up ^^

"
SauceyKay escribió:

I'm loving this build its so fun! I just started red maps and sometimes I get blown up instantly by certain maps or metamorphs. Any quick fixes to my build? Or am I just playing it wrong? Thanks!

it is listed in the con sections, evasion character tend to be squishy. Juiced up metamorphs and certain bosses will one shot you. try to aim for 5k health and 60% evasion, pop vaal grace.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
"
kng710 escribió:
"
Aquarism escribió:
"
kng710 escribió:
FINALLY MADE THIS LAST NIGHT

That is a beast of a quiver, nice one

thank you, been trying for the last week. first time crafting in a league as well. Even wasted an imprint haha.

What would you recommend I work on upgrading next? I'm def working up for a watcher's Eye

You have 2 inspiration gems in your chest dude
Here goes: hopefully this is understandable, as it will mostly be about methodology, gearing choices, and the reason behind it. Here’s my POB https://pastebin.com/TtLwATB1 (Please note, onslaught and power charges are off – you can also decide to turn flasks off) You can use this for the tree – vaal pact is absolutely necessary. The safest place for most bosses is next to them, point blank is still great.

First off – this is a bossing league that gives incentive to doing map bosses, t16 bosses, and elder, shaper and elderslayers. This means the build is actually a barrage build primarily, and an ice shot build (clearing) secondly. In every choice – barrage gets the better gems, the first 6 link, and the gearing priority. Squeezing life into every piece of gear is KEY this league, as deadeye is purely offensive in nature, ranger doesn’t get a lot of health nodes, and as such gearing MUST be done for max life, unless the benefit greatly outweighs the loss of life (The only item that classifies here is Hyrri’s Ire)

As such, I’ve seen several “traps” that I find people gearing for – Darkray vectors, pandemonius, hyrri’s demise (we really don’t stack enough stats for this to be worth it), and going for max damage on pieces of gear rather than max life with some damage.

I tend to classify items as purely offensive (we get great benefit from those spots) purely defensive, and hybrid (can go with stats towards either)

The items that give the biggest damage boosts for this build are:
Gems
Death’s Opus
Hyrri’s Ire
Mark of the Elder
A shaper ring with assassin’s mark (and some life on it)
Helmet with Barrage enchant
Quiver with frenzy generation – This is key to the build, as bosses, metamorph, etc where you can’t generate frenzy charges really tank your survivability and damage output. (Priotitize Life, Crit multi, an open suffix for crit chance + frenzy charge, and if you can WED on the prefix)
Watcher’s eye
Defensive items are:
Boots (Tri-res / 70+ life / movespeed)
Belt (Tri-res / 90 + life / WED or some other damage) – if you can’t afford, get rid of WED
Gloves (dual res /90+ life / attack speed) – If you can’t afford these, get rid of the attack speed
Helmet with Life, resist, nearby enemies have -9% cold res (frigid fossil + pristine fossil)

Hybrid items: amulet / rings (note you will need some INT and STR on gear – these are good spots)
(Mark of the elder lands here, as it provides 10% life, with a great damage boost – but the damage boost is also incredible)
Amulet – my amulet is .5% dps less than pandemonius, cost me maybe 1.5EX, and I slammed the frenzy charge damage on it. I absolutely recommend anointing Constitution (gold gold silver) or Discipline and Training (not as good, but much cheaper)

Also incredibly important this league is getting SOME chaos resistance. I’ve opted for it on my gloves and boots. This helps against metamorphs and Sirus.

Jewel’s – the build requires 4 total jewel spots (1 is belt) and absolutely no more. Wasting 3 skill points on a jewel when we could have 3 life nodes is incredibly wasteful.
Lioneye’s fall – incredible for the claw nodes (no change here)
Watcher’s eye – I opted for a watcher’s eye with Adds # to # cold damage as it seems to provide by barrage more damage and is 1/3 the cost of a crit one.
2 Abyss jewels with: Max life + chance to blind on hit (You should run this every league, if you aren’t you’re making a gigantic mistake)
Max life and onslaught on kill – We need a reliable source of onslaught generation.

Gem links: (I will not tell you what to use at 5 or 6, use POB to decide)
Single target: Barrage -> elemental damage with attacks > added cold > hypothermia > inspiration > cold penetration
Boss resist went up this league, and you will get hit. This is non-negotiable. When you get hit, you need to leech. When you need to leech, you don’t want an inactive gem of damage on full life. Awakened priority – added cold damage, then ele dmg/pen (doesn’t really make a difference)
Multiple targets: Ice shot > Fork (GET AWAKENED IF YOU CAN) > added cold > hypothermia > inspiration
Awakened fork does this: You shoot 6 arrows with dying sun, deadeye ascendancy and death’s opus
6 arrows hit 6 targets, fork to 12. 12 arrows hit 12 targets, fork to 24. 24 arrows hit 24 targets and chain to 24 more…meaning that one ice shot can hit 90 targets (Not counting aoe) Most of the time this will not happen, but you can clear out a legion encounter in 3-4 shots. Secondly, aside from targets…it needs to hit hard. This is why 5 of the gems are related to damage, and 1 is related to the “spread (fork)” The damage just happens, which is why our priority needs to be on barrage damage and living long enough.

Others of importance: CWDT + steelskin – do not neglect this, it’s very important
Frost bomb (cold exposure is huge for bossing)
Decoy totem – if you aren’t running this, you’re a fool. Spawn it before a metamorph and you’re safe for several seconds. Kiting a boss? Decoy totem til it switches and you can get some damage in. It even works on Sirus and Elderslayers.
Withering Step – movespeed and acts like a quicksilver when you need to get out of harms way.
(I use blink arrow, some people use flame dash…follow your heart)
Some final tips: I am now over 6k life, I do not die that often anymore. Use the right pantheon for the right boss. Shakari for poison based bosses, rhyslatha for bossing long fights (with 4-5 life flasks) and garukhan for general mapping. Lunaris Is great for general mapping, and arakaali for extended boss fights (especially Sirus)

With this, I now facetank Drox (t16 awakened level 8) in about 6 seconds. Redeemer takes a bit longer, but super easy. Al’poisonboi is fairly simple as well (run, shoot, run, shoot, run, shoot). Baran is an ass and sometimes one shots me still :/ Sirus is a joke, aside from his stupid tornados. Uber elder was a cakewalk, shaper was easy peasy, I did cortex last night fairly easily (just burst the dumb thing down) and delve is super easy
All of my influenced gear was created using an exalted orb to slam on the new stat and not purchased

Hopefully this helps everyone – this is definitely one of the fastest map clearers I’ve ever had, and the bossing is doable. Just have to play smart and not make bad choices when gearing.
Remember – you do no DPS while dead.

(edit: since we use barrage, we do not fully convert phys to cold. Both types of reflect map are no-go)

edit 2: Your 6 link for barrage is incredibly important. Once you have the first 6 link, the one for ice shot isn't as important, as it doesn't effect your barrage. Gear upgrades that will effect both barrage and ice shot damage are more important.
Editado por útlima vez por Slottm en 30 dic. 2019 11:02:16
"
Slottm escribió:
Here goes: hopefully this is understandable, as it will mostly be about methodology, gearing choices, and the reason behind it. Here’s my POB https://pastebin.com/TtLwATB1 (Please note, onslaught and power charges are off – you can also decide to turn flasks off) You can use this for the tree – vaal pact is absolutely necessary. The safest place for most bosses is next to them, point blank is still great.

First off – this is a bossing league that gives incentive to doing map bosses, t16 bosses, and elder, shaper and elderslayers. This means the build is actually a barrage build primarily, and an ice shot build (clearing) secondly. In every choice – barrage gets the better gems, the first 6 link, and the gearing priority. Squeezing life into every piece of gear is KEY this league, as deadeye is purely offensive in nature, ranger doesn’t get a lot of health nodes, and as such gearing MUST be done for max life, unless the benefit greatly outweighs the loss of life (The only item that classifies here is Hyrri’s Ire)

As such, I’ve seen several “traps” that I find people gearing for – Darkray vectors, pandemonius, hyrri’s demise (we really don’t stack enough stats for this to be worth it), and going for max damage on pieces of gear rather than max life with some damage.

I tend to classify items as purely offensive (we get great benefit from those spots) purely defensive, and hybrid (can go with stats towards either)

The items that give the biggest damage boosts for this build are:
Gems
Death’s Opus
Hyrri’s Ire
Mark of the Elder
A shaper ring with assassin’s mark (and some life on it)
Helmet with Barrage enchant
Quiver with frenzy generation – This is key to the build, as bosses, metamorph, etc where you can’t generate frenzy charges really tank your survivability and damage output. (Priotitize Life, Crit multi, an open suffix for crit chance + frenzy charge, and if you can WED on the prefix)
Watcher’s eye
Defensive items are:
Boots (Tri-res / 70+ life / movespeed)
Belt (Tri-res / 90 + life / WED or some other damage) – if you can’t afford, get rid of WED
Gloves (dual res /90+ life / attack speed) – If you can’t afford these, get rid of the attack speed
Helmet with Life, resist, nearby enemies have -9% cold res (frigid fossil + pristine fossil)

Hybrid items: amulet / rings (note you will need some INT and STR on gear – these are good spots)
(Mark of the elder lands here, as it provides 10% life, with a great damage boost – but the damage boost is also incredible)
Amulet – my amulet is .5% dps less than pandemonius, cost me maybe 1.5EX, and I slammed the frenzy charge damage on it. I absolutely recommend anointing Constitution (gold gold silver) or Discipline and Training (not as good, but much cheaper)

Also incredibly important this league is getting SOME chaos resistance. I’ve opted for it on my gloves and boots. This helps against metamorphs and Sirus.

Jewel’s – the build requires 4 total jewel spots (1 is belt) and absolutely no more. Wasting 3 skill points on a jewel when we could have 3 life nodes is incredibly wasteful.
Lioneye’s fall – incredible for the claw nodes (no change here)
Watcher’s eye – I opted for a watcher’s eye with Adds # to # cold damage as it seems to provide by barrage more damage and is 1/3 the cost of a crit one.
2 Abyss jewels with: Max life + chance to blind on hit (You should run this every league, if you aren’t you’re making a gigantic mistake)
Max life and onslaught on kill – We need a reliable source of onslaught generation.

Gem links: (I will not tell you what to use at 5 or 6, use POB to decide)
Single target: Barrage -> elemental damage with attacks > added cold > hypothermia > inspiration > cold penetration
Boss resist went up this league, and you will get hit. This is non-negotiable. When you get hit, you need to leech. When you need to leech, you don’t want an inactive gem of damage on full life. Awakened priority – added cold damage, then ele dmg/pen (doesn’t really make a difference)
Multiple targets: Ice shot > Fork (GET AWAKENED IF YOU CAN) > added cold > hypothermia > inspiration
Awakened fork does this: You shoot 6 arrows with dying sun, deadeye ascendancy and death’s opus
6 arrows hit 6 targets, fork to 12. 12 arrows hit 12 targets, fork to 24. 24 arrows hit 24 targets and chain to 24 more…meaning that one ice shot can hit 90 targets (Not counting aoe) Most of the time this will not happen, but you can clear out a legion encounter in 3-4 shots. Secondly, aside from targets…it needs to hit hard. This is why 5 of the gems are related to damage, and 1 is related to the “spread (fork)” The damage just happens, which is why our priority needs to be on barrage damage and living long enough.

Others of importance: CWDT + steelskin – do not neglect this, it’s very important
Frost bomb (cold exposure is huge for bossing)
Decoy totem – if you aren’t running this, you’re a fool. Spawn it before a metamorph and you’re safe for several seconds. Kiting a boss? Decoy totem til it switches and you can get some damage in. It even works on Sirus and Elderslayers.
Withering Step – movespeed and acts like a quicksilver when you need to get out of harms way.
(I use blink arrow, some people use flame dash…follow your heart)
Some final tips: I am now over 6k life, I do not die that often anymore. Use the right pantheon for the right boss. Shakari for poison based bosses, rhyslatha for bossing long fights (with 4-5 life flasks) and garukhan for general mapping. Lunaris Is great for general mapping, and arakaali for extended boss fights (especially Sirus)

With this, I now facetank Drox (t16 awakened level 8) in about 6 seconds. Redeemer takes a bit longer, but super easy. Al’poisonboi is fairly simple as well (run, shoot, run, shoot, run, shoot). Baran is an ass and sometimes one shots me still :/ Sirus is a joke, aside from his stupid tornados. Uber elder was a cakewalk, shaper was easy peasy, I did cortex last night fairly easily (just burst the dumb thing down) and delve is super easy
All of my influenced gear was created using an exalted orb to slam on the new stat and not purchased

Hopefully this helps everyone – this is definitely one of the fastest map clearers I’ve ever had, and the bossing is doable. Just have to play smart and not make bad choices when gearing.
Remember – you do no DPS while dead.

(edit: since we use barrage, we do not fully convert phys to cold. Both types of reflect map are no-go)

im using barrage support and have 0 issues with bosses, its a underrated gem because pob does not calcule the damage that give the support gem.
Barrage support setup does roughly 30% less damage than normal barrage setup - can you give a reason for utilizing this over barrage?

I also just checked your challenges, and not to be rude, but you haven't done endgame yet. There's a massive difference between yellow map bosses and end game bosses (t16 + real boss challenges)
Editado por útlima vez por Slottm en 30 dic. 2019 10:08:22
"
Aquarism escribió:

"
Arganista escribió:

You can find a list of recommendations under amulet in gearing section.

As written I'm going with Farsight. Kind of strange if I mouse-over in PoB over both nodes then more damage is shown with Throatseeker, but if I annoint them and import the char then Farsight has more DPS.
Been trying barrage support with Galvanic arrow for ST. It feels really amazing.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional