[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Dunno about every1 else but i feel like dmg is pretty low. Mapping is fine but, bosses take a while, especially those who like to move alot like poison guardian of sirus, or sirus himself. And i'm decently geared i'd say. Sitting at 2.7k int.
"
za6i9ka escribió:
Dunno about every1 else but i feel like dmg is pretty low. Mapping is fine but, bosses take a while, especially those who like to move alot like poison guardian of sirus, or sirus himself. And i'm decently geared i'd say. Sitting at 2.7k int.

yep. with 5 storm cap our solo target really shit. it's ok but with too expensive gear when you 3.5k+ int....

that's really bad about our build. with cheaper investments ton's of builds better in term of ST or map clearing
"
archwerewolf escribió:

yep. with 5 storm cap our solo target really shit. it's ok but with too expensive gear when you 3.5k+ int....

that's really bad about our build. with cheaper investments ton's of builds better in term of ST or map clearing

Maybe, arch, but I haven't found a build yet that has better single target damage (map clearing is fine IMO) and is *tankier* than the WI build.

The "too expensive" gear is pretty much isolated to a killer amulet, some cluster jewels, and a watcher's eye. Maybe emperor's jewels and some corrupted or synthesized gear.

My point is you can still play well in red maps even before you get the above stuff. I don't consider 1 hunter orb and 2-3 crusader orbs (depending on luck) too expensive.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 31 jul. 2021 14:31:45
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
archwerewolf escribió:

Maybe, arch, but I haven't found a build yet that has better single target damage (map clearing is fine IMO) and is *tankier* than the WI build.

The "too expensive" gear is pretty much isolated to a killer amulet, some cluster jewels, and a watcher's eye. Maybe emperor's jewels and some corrupted or synthesized gear.

My point is you can still play well in red maps even before you get the above stuff. I don't consider 1 hunter orb and 2-3 crusader orbs (depending on luck) too expensive.

Int ES split personality are 10ex ea. Then 1 hunter ex may give you t2 int like it did for me and those helms are not even easy to get (good res/open suffix, 43+ int and high ES 75-79lvl). Rings are like 10ex for just a base on a good day. Int+int%+open suffix high ES body arean't that cheap either. Good megalomanic also costs shitton. Also 18% attr and atleast %int corrupt Cyclopean isn't exactly easy nor cheap to get.
Editado por útlima vez por za6i9ka en 31 jul. 2021 15:15:02
well i miss ritual...with good harvest and ton's of drop from ritual...my witch with 3.9k int :3

about rng yeah...2 crusader's orb failed...gona try hunter now :/
I'm seriously struggling pushing into red maps with this, and my luck have been abhorent! I've only found a single exalted so far this league so getting upgrades takes forever. I'm getting oneshotted by sirus dominated monsters in red maps even when maps have no damage multipliers :/

I really loved this build all the way up to red maps, but I'm feeling like I'm hitting a ceiling here
Major update for 3.15

After 1 week in the Expedition league and a lot of experimentation, this is what I came up with.

It's another league with deadly mechanics. And GGG buffed everything on top of that. But the league itself sucks, the market is barely alive, getting good ES is hard.

You can get to red maps with 5k ES using the 3.12 classic version of the build with Clarity and the mana nodes for sustain. But it's very unsafe that way. A LOT more safety is needed.

At the same time, support gems got nerfed, and things like EF and CD no longer provide as much damage as they used to.

It's time to dump EF and start freezing everything! With Elemental Proliferation and Hypothermia we have an excellent chance to freeze on hit, and those freezes spread to nearby mobs. And it's very easy to bring that chance to 100% with a utility flask (+instilling orb for auto-repeat).

The damage is still fine for red maps. I only have 2.3k Int right now. But when everything gets frozen (and shattered with Herald of Ice) it's so much safer! I can perma-freeze whole screens of expedition mobs and stuff. Once I get some %Int items going, the damage issue will solve itself.

New video: Mapping in T16

My current staves:

I tried the new Arctic Armour for freeze immunity but it was not necessary. Flesh & Stone with its huge evasion buff is a lot better. Freeze immunity can be obtained from 1 flask that auto-triggers without you even noticing it.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 31 jul. 2021 18:37:21
Hi, I am back to play WI after rerolling my Forbidden Rite hierophant. So far I've missed being so tanky, but damage is really lacking compared to the low budget I had on my hierophant, but it died more often. It's awesome being able to freeze everything, so it made it easier to put the character into higher tier maps after completing the acts.

Still have a long way to go, but I'm gonna try to stick with it and hey, at least the build is very tanky :)
Thanks a lot for the 3.15 update, Kelvynn !!

One question :

I don't have Aspect of the Spider yet, but I'm also not sure if I really like Frost Shield for its ES drain per second.

What do you think about dropping Frost Shield for Arctic Armour and passing on Aspect of the Spider ?

(Character and gear is my lv 97 Scion, profile is public)
"
FeistyPeisty escribió:
Thanks a lot for the 3.15 update, Kelvynn !!

One question :

I don't have Aspect of the Spider yet, but I'm also not sure if I really like Frost Shield for its ES drain per second.

What do you think about dropping Frost Shield for Arctic Armour and passing on Aspect of the Spider ?

(Character and gear is my lv 97 Scion, profile is public)

Frost Shield does not drain much ES, and not constantly. You lose 800 ES each second for 4 sec (at lv 21) which you barely notice if you are leeching. The shield for 10 sec is pretty nice.

If you don't have Aspect of the Spider then you can grab AA instead. It makes you tankier when you are standing still (including cycloning in 1 spot without moving) plus freeze immunity. It's just not very useful for its primary function because in today's PoE there are too many 1-shots, and staying in 1 spot is not a good idea. And then all you get is freeze immunity to save 1 flask slot.

You can also just use 4 skill points on something else (e.g. a Megalomaniac) instead of Charisma and go with 4 auras instead of 5.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional