[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
ichbinwerichbi escribió:
Lilian
what is that with inspiration. Dont see it in thread. Kels guide tells that cold penetration is the best. Did i miss something?

And is the cold penetration on the amulet he luckily crafted not better then more energy shield ?

I am so lost wiht this high end posibiltys.

I simulated in PoB the change between Cold Penetration lv 21/20 (191.166 Shaper Average Hit) and Inspiration lv 21/20 (196.375 Shaper Average hit) and Awakened Cold Penetration lv 5/20 (197.208 Shaper Average Hit) and with my gear and stats Inspiration is just a bit better at full charges (5 - which you can easy get and maintain for long period due to very low mana cost of Cyclone) as you see than Cold penetration (not better than Awakened Cold Penetration) and this with Shaper/Guardians box checked.

Keep in mind that this is probably gear dependent and take in account how much %cold penetration / -cold resistance you apply to target.

I am using Frostbite and Elemental Weakness (3 curse setup together with Enfeeble) and these 2 together with Frost Bomb debuff bring boss cold resistance to -11 from +50 and I also have +17% cold penetration from Tree (Inquisitor Ascendancy + Hearth of Ice) + Pure Talent Jewel on top of the cold penetration from gem.

But i am using Awakened Cold Penetration version and this at level 5/20 is just better than Inspiration 21/20 so that's why i don't bother to use Inspiration.

Against normal mobs (with lower resistances) the difference between Inspiration and Cold penetration is even higher in favor of Inspiration, in this case Inspiration is even better than Awakened Cold penetration.

But also you have to keep in mind that maps can roll %increased elemental resistances and elemental equilibrium mods for all mobs in that map and that % resistance value can go even higher with Atlas Awakened level increased, case in which Cold Penetration probably surpass easy Inspiration.

And one more thing good if you switch normal Cold Pen with Inspiration is that your Dex minimum requirement decrease by quite some (Cold Pen is the green gem in our setup that requires highest Dex value - 117 for a level 21 socketed in staff), and by dropping Cold pen you can use the skill points if you have some allocated to Dex to fulfill min Dex requirement to Intelligence for example because Dex required by Cyclone level 1 is only 42 and Arctic Armour lv 20 requires 98 Dex.

Regarding the helmet slam, you can slam any piece of a equipment that does not have any type of influence and has open suffixes/prefixes with a Conqueror exalt in order to get a specific mod from a small pool of mods which only that Conqueror exalt can give.

Hunter is the only one that can give % increased Intelligence as a suffix on Int based helmets like Hubris Circlet.

The number of different mods that can be rolled with a Hunter Exalt over a normal helmet which has only open suffixes is 4. Three of them are not useful for this build - confluxes (cold/fire/lightning) since we can't proc them with IceStorm while we have EF socketed in staff but the 4th one is % increased intelligence which also has 2 Tiers, Tier2 6-8% increased intelligence and Tier1 9-10% increased intelligence.

So if you use a Hunter's exalted orb over a Hubris Circlet with no other influence(not even Shaper or Elder) on it and have only suffixes open in that helmet, you have 25% chance to hit % increased intelligence and 20% chance to hit T1 % increased intelligence.

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 28 ene. 2020 11:47:18
"
lilianmarius escribió:

Regarding the helmet slam, you can slam any piece of a equipment that does not have any type of influence and has open suffixes/prefixes with a Conqueror exalt in order to get a specific mod from a small pool of mods which only that Conqueror exalt can give.

Hunter is the only one that can give % increased Intelligence as a suffix on Int based helmets like Hubris Circlet.

The number of different mods that can be rolled with a Hunter Exalt over a normal helmet which has only open suffixes is 4. Three of them are not useful for this build - confluxes (cold/fire/lightning) since we can't proc them with IceStorm while we have EF socketed in staff but the 4th one is % increased intelligence which also has 2 Tiers, Tier2 6-8% increased intelligence and Tier1 9-10% increased intelligence.

So if you use a Hunter's exalted orb over a Hubris Circlet with no other influence(not even Shaper or Elder) on it and have only suffixes open in that helmet, you have 25% chance to hit % increased intelligence and 20% chance to hit T1 % increased intelligence.

I slammed 13 helms and only got T1 Increased Intel twice. Many exalts down the drain...
"
alvincheng escribió:

I slammed 13 helms and only got T1 Increased Intel twice. Many exalts down the drain...

I slammed 3 and i got 1 x T1, 1x T2 and 1x lightning conflux, so it all comes to chance, but maths is maths you have 20% chance to get T1 % increased intelligence since all 5 mods Hunter slam can give in this case have all same rarity - 500

The Hunter
jewellery_attribute75

% increased Intelligence

elemental80
You have Igniting Conflux for # seconds every # seconds
You have Chilling Conflux for # seconds every # seconds
You have Shocking Conflux for # seconds every # seconds

More than this, if you want to slam over a ilvl79 Hubris Circlet (which only misses the highest %increased Energy Shield Mod and can roll T3 +intelligence) you are guaranteed 100% to hit % increased intelligence being T1 or T2.

So get a ilvl79 Hubris, quality it to 30% with Perfect fossils and spam Dense + Frigid to get ES prefixes and -9 cold resistance (delve suffix mod).

Once you hit a decent combo of ES prefixes and -cold resistance delve suffix and have one more suffix open slam it like a boss for 100% chance to get % increased intelligence mod (T1 or T2)

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 28 ene. 2020 12:04:26
"
lilianmarius escribió:

i am happy to see you are using it! Also, looking over your profile i have noticed some "strange" things:

-you are keeping your IC to low level - level it to the maximum level your Strength value allows it, you are loosing physical and elemental damage mitigation by keeping at low level, the cool down is the same no matter the level and your CWDT linked to it is level 20 anyway.
-your Increased Duration gem has no quality, add quality to it so it does increase a bit the duration of IC.
-your Arcane Surge is level 1, you can easily level it to level 4 with no issues for triggering it by Vortex with almost 100% uptime, you are loosing some % more damage by keeping it at level 1.
-instead of that useless Portal gem socketed you can use lv 20 Vaal Righteous Fire for easier nuke of the bosses, and from time to time of some high life mobs, Vaal Righteous Fire adds high global % more spell damage modifier when used. And for not be affected too much by instant ES decrease effect of Vaal Righteous Fire when it is used, just use before activating it, Vaal Discipline.
-if you have issues with Portal Scrolls sustaining :), you can socket that useless Portal gem in your secondary weapon, switch to it and cast it whenever you need a portal opened.

1. Right. I stopped levelling IC when I ran out of STR three neckpieces ago, and forgot all about it. Thanks.

2. Okay.

3. The arcane surge is another gem I forgot about.

4. Regarding VRF, I know I spazz enough on my keypresses I will forget to use Vaal discipline 50% of the time. I'm aware of the gem, just haven't tried to use it in practice yet.

5. The portal gem is just to free up one spot in my stash. Lazy I am.

Thanks for your commentary; I appreciate it.
I have played a lot of variations of Whispering Ice over the years. This build is awesome. I picked it up when I had some exalts accumulated and my experience with it has been great.

The build guide post did not have a video of a Sirus kill (Kelvynn skipping league?) so I thought I'd share a video I recorded of the same.

https://youtu.be/3VqR-lWWkJU

POB: https://pastebin.com/tJKVQKcj

I could get better gear in some slots no doubt, but I can clear everything comfortably and fast as it is right now.

Cheers!
Editado por útlima vez por faraazahmed en 28 ene. 2020 16:21:21
"
lilianmarius escribió:

The Hunter
jewellery_attribute75

% increased Intelligence

elemental80
You have Igniting Conflux for # seconds every # seconds
You have Chilling Conflux for # seconds every # seconds
You have Shocking Conflux for # seconds every # seconds

More than this, if you want to slam over a ilvl79 Hubris Circlet (which only misses the highest %increased Energy Shield Mod and can roll T3 +intelligence) you are guaranteed 100% to hit % increased intelligence being T1 or T2.

So get a ilvl79 Hubris, quality it to 30% with Perfect fossils and spam Dense + Frigid to get ES prefixes and -9 cold resistance (delve suffix mod).

Once you hit a decent combo of ES prefixes and -cold resistance delve suffix and have one more suffix open slam it like a boss for 100% chance to get % increased intelligence mod (T1 or T2)

Wow lilian youre my hero. THATS the way to go. Only miss 10 int this way.
Thanks a lot for that.

BTW NEVER got 33 challenges that fast as this league And this time ALL did myself. This build is awesome again.

Edit 3: :-) Thanks for the awesome help all the league and the long descriptions. I apprciate this really much.
Editado por útlima vez por ichbinwerichbi en 28 ene. 2020 16:39:46
im pretty sure this will be my first char to reach 1k delve, currently going at depth 957 :) sometimes mobs are getting so brutal but still going. had to sacrifice my fps and took spell cascade, it gives pretty huge survival bonus because gain es from a hit watchers eye.
"
j00na93 escribió:
im pretty sure this will be my first char to reach 1k delve, currently going at depth 957 :) sometimes mobs are getting so brutal but still going. had to sacrifice my fps and took spell cascade, it gives pretty huge survival bonus because gain es from a hit watchers eye.

Don't worry, Kelvynn has reached 1K depth last league with an 11.7K ES character.
As long as you use the skills, the flasks and the pantheons according to the zone mods you will reach 1K with your char.

At 1000 depth, all areas are more brutal than any juiced rolled T19 map with Awakening level 8. And this is not a build made specially for deep delve like those 10 Shaper/second mirror tier glass cannon bow builds and is not broken like those necro meta builds or some STR stacking chieftain builds, so reaching 1K with no mirror gear tells much about the tankiness and survivability of this build.

Congrats in advance for reaching 1K depth!
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 28 ene. 2020 17:24:50
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
j00na93 escribió:

Don't worry, Kelvynn has reached 1K depth last league with an 11.7K ES character.
As long as you use the skills, the flasks and the pantheons according to the zone mods you will reach 1K with your char.

At 1000 depth, all areas are more brutal than any juiced rolled T19 maps with Awakening level 8. And this is not a build made specially for deep delve like those 10 Shaper/second mirror tier glass cannon bow builds and is not broken like those necro meta builds or some STR stacking chieftain builds, so reaching 1K with no mirror gear tells much about the tankiness and survivability of this build.

Congrats in advance for reaching 1K depth!

thanks!

yeap i havent even changed minor pantheons yet, using tukohama and it doesnt give any benefits because im spinning around all that time..

after some skill tree changes got 14k es. well my damage decreased lot because using spell cascade and fortify but i have seen it works better for me, takes longer to kill some rares but im staying alive pretty well.
My last 2 videos for the end-game encounters vs Uber Elder and Sirus AA8.

These are some of the shortest fights i encounter with this build against these bosses

Uber Elder fight - before i added Zealotry to setup (was still using Discipline + Discipline/Clarity Watcher's Eye jewel)

Sirus fight - after i replaced Discipline with Zealotry in setup (for this fight i replaced Discipline with Zealotry and added Watcher's Eye with Zealotry/Clarity instead of Discipline/Clarity)

And this because i farmed Lab for some helmet enchant and got lucky and hit after 25-30 runs Zealotry reduced mana reservation enchant.

I_Storm_Santa vs. Uber Elder (2:20 minutes fight)

I_Storm_Santa vs. Sirus The Awakener AA8 (2:20 minutes fight)
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 28 ene. 2020 18:15:13

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional