[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
pda898 escribió:
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
Hey guys. I found this topic by accident, and see there is lots of discussion and exchange of information in it.

I am a lv 97 Guardian playing WI. I'm rank 2 in the ladder right now by DPS, losing only to a guy wearing multiple mirror worth gear, and even then, not by much. My gems aren't even leveled yet. It also doesn't account for my Vortex which I use as a secondary DPS source (looking at 350k DPS right now), as well as utility for chills, freezes and bonechill.

My version, other than costing 500x less, is also waaaaay tankier - maybe not in RAW ES, but in mitigation, there is no comparison. I'm looking at 12k ES, 25k armor, 76 (or 77% with a lucky corruption) allres, maxblock, insane regen and ES on hit from disc watcher's eye. My ES pool never dip, even facetanking Sirus.

So I'd like to share this with ya'll. If you want a twist on the build, give guardian a try! I'll be happy to respond any questions or doubts you might have =)

Cheers
-60% chaos res in current league (or previous) is already questionable. Also no freeze immunity (yes, scion is conditional too but still). Also stupid question - HoI and ele focus? Also calling 30 attack block "maxblock" is kinda wrong.
And about DPS: you have 121k-5.9m dps (first frame - max DPS).
Next build after you in poeninja (because my gear cost 500x less so comparing is useless): 112k-5.0m-6.36m (first frame - frame where you cap your dps - max DPS).
I dont want to call guardian version bad, but from my experience on low budget you fall on DPS side faster than on defense side. Where scion is better (due to having free 60 int, frostbite on top of enfeeble/TC, and 5 free points meaning at least additional 50 int).

Chaos res is dealt with Arakaali + Shakari.

Block chance is 75/10. HoI because I use vortex as secondary DPS skill, doing 350k/hit + chill + freeze.

Freeze is dealth with by flask + time of need, never had any issues with it.

Last, makes no sense comparing attainable DPS to DPS which you can theoretically achieve if you play 23h/day and put several mirrors into gear, lol.

I really don't know why people are getting this defensive. I'm not attacking the build or anyone playing it, just presenting my take on it which is working extraordinarily well. Just did a 6-man uber elder carry without breaking a sweat.
Editado por útlima vez por Knuckledust13 en 11 ene. 2020 5:08:47
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
"
pda898 escribió:
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
Hey guys. I found this topic by accident, and see there is lots of discussion and exchange of information in it.

I am a lv 97 Guardian playing WI. I'm rank 2 in the ladder right now by DPS, losing only to a guy wearing multiple mirror worth gear, and even then, not by much. My gems aren't even leveled yet. It also doesn't account for my Vortex which I use as a secondary DPS source (looking at 350k DPS right now), as well as utility for chills, freezes and bonechill.

My version, other than costing 500x less, is also waaaaay tankier - maybe not in RAW ES, but in mitigation, there is no comparison. I'm looking at 12k ES, 25k armor, 76 (or 77% with a lucky corruption) allres, maxblock, insane regen and ES on hit from disc watcher's eye. My ES pool never dip, even facetanking Sirus.

So I'd like to share this with ya'll. If you want a twist on the build, give guardian a try! I'll be happy to respond any questions or doubts you might have =)

Cheers
-60% chaos res in current league (or previous) is already questionable. Also no freeze immunity (yes, scion is conditional too but still). Also stupid question - HoI and ele focus? Also calling 30 attack block "maxblock" is kinda wrong.
And about DPS: you have 121k-5.9m dps (first frame - max DPS).
Next build after you in poeninja (because my gear cost 500x less so comparing is useless): 112k-5.0m-6.36m (first frame - frame where you cap your dps - max DPS).
I dont want to call guardian version bad, but from my experience on low budget you fall on DPS side faster than on defense side. Where scion is better (due to having free 60 int, frostbite on top of enfeeble/TC, and 5 free points meaning at least additional 50 int).

Chaos res is dealt with Arakaali + Shakari.

Block chance is 75/10. HoI because I use vortex as secondary DPS skill, doing 350k/hit + chill + freeze.

Last, makes no sense comparing attainable DPS to DPS which you can theoretically achieve if you play 23h/day and put several mirrors into gear, lol.

I really don't know why people are getting this defensive. I'm not attacking the build or anyone playing it, just presenting my take on it which is working extraordinarily well. Just did a 6-man uber elder carry without breaking as sweat.

I agree with you. I will try your build. I think it's better to try new things rather than stick to same old one. Would it be possible for you to create a small lvling guide and what items to focus?? what should be lvl 70 tree, lvl 80 etc, gems etc.

I don't have a lot of time to play this game, it would be nice if this build works without flipping items. Not saying flipping items are bad, just saying I don't have time for it.

Editado por útlima vez por gruumine en 10 ene. 2020 22:17:38
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:

I really don't know why people are getting this defensive. I'm not attacking the build or anyone playing it, just presenting my take on it which is working extraordinarily well. Just did a 6-man uber elder carry without breaking as sweat.

Still having -60 is not so good because there is enough direct chaos res. Plus you are losing Solaris protection vs crit chains.
Main reason for the defensiveness is your "500x less cost" while presenting well minmaxed build too (which not 500x).
I am with Knuckledust personally.

I think Illianmarus constant talking about the build can just be alienating at times instead of shared positivity, especially when the constant voice on how EASY and NOT DIFFICULT everything is when he literally has double everything that a normal player has. It really makes the build feel stronger or better than it really is under a normal budget, especially if you tackle content at a normal rate. Unless you really get lucky, you will hit walls as a normal player because you can't push 10k ES EASILY before you hit endgame unless you are trading everything you own, get lucky, or have the time to spend flipping.
You can get to a place where you can tackle content with some difficulty, but it won't be cakewalk easy.

I beat Sirus 8 pre-patch with my gear using this build, which is somewhere at 15ex spent, 9500ES, and a normal amount of trading from found items, 5ex dropped, and two new ex dropped. I just got my first awakened gem yesterday. I am like 450 bosses killed for a take on how much I have played. my net worth if I sold everything I own is probably another 20ex according to exile diary. I am your typical player. I have to dodge beams. I had to figure out how to manage storms. It wasn't deathless. It wasn't the hardest thing ever but it wasn't OMG easy and things still once in a while one-shot me.

A cheaper alternative to solve some of these issues is great for a normal player and should be welcomed here IMO. Disclaimers about the disparity of gear should also be considered when posting on a build thread, especially when most people will never hit 500ex gear thresholds without early game pushing, market shenanigans, or guild economics.

I haven't played this other build, so who knows, maybe it's snake oil, but it doesn't look like it from the Path of Building import I've seen. Usually more defensive layers means you have more growth flexibility while leveling because you aren't all-in on one thing. The different defensive layers make your gear more flexible since they overlap.

Last league, there were a lot more newer players using this build to beat Shaper for the first time, and I feel like this has been lost a bit this league.
Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 11 ene. 2020 2:35:59
Don't rag too bad on lilianmarius. The guy has stepped up and helped many people with free build advice here. Yes, his gear is probably worth 2 to 3 mirrors by current market prices. But the guy just hit 40 challenges. He obviously plays ALOT. He hit 1500 maps bosses done when I was at around 400.. and I play quite a bit myself. (currently over 10 days of playtime). What's more, he plays that hard ON THIS BUILD every three months. So it's understandable if his perception of what is attainable for the average player may be a bit skewed.

That being said, what he managed to pull off this league is impressive. I don't think I would be able to avoid bragging a bit if it were me.

Different takes on the build are awesome, that's how the build evolves. I have some misgivings about the defensive layers of the guardian build. Lack of real chaos protection being one of the main ones. Fighting Sirus at -20% chaos res was SUPER painful. The other point about the guardian build that worries me is the super streaky nature of the defenses in a game where things tend to burst you down in 2 seconds. In that build you only have max block up 2/5ths of the time, and you only have mega recovery up once every 5 second. If a huge damage spike catches you when those are down, I worry about the sustain of the build. I'd love to see a face-tanking video of it in action.
Also I have doubts that guardian will be more tanky on low budget because no memory vault and shavs meaning you cannot go LL instantly = CI = no life reservation.

Is this worth slamming a hunter's exalt on? or is the ES too low? (assuming I would hillock/beastquality it after)
"
Breken escribió:
Don't rag too bad on lilianmarius. The guy has stepped up and helped many people with free build advice here. Yes, his gear is probably worth 2 to 3 mirrors by current market prices. But the guy just hit 40 challenges. He obviously plays ALOT. He hit 1500 maps bosses done when I was at around 400.. and I play quite a bit myself. (currently over 10 days of playtime). What's more, he plays that hard ON THIS BUILD every three months. So it's understandable if his perception of what is attainable for the average player may be a bit skewed.

That being said, what he managed to pull off this league is impressive. I don't think I would be able to avoid bragging a bit if it were me.

Probably the madness is starting to come down slowly on me like it happened to Sirus and his gang after farming countless numbers of bosses in Atlas. Probably...but still "Have you ever seen the true face of God, exile?"

"And a heavy and dense rain of ice will start to fall from the sky, and poor little humans will be shattered into small crystals of crumbling ice, small like their entire existence and value"
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 11 ene. 2020 6:32:59
wtf lol
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
wtf lol

How boring and small...!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional