[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
Hey guys. I found this topic by accident, and see there is lots of discussion and exchange of information in it.

I am a lv 97 Guardian playing WI. I'm rank 2 in the ladder right now by DPS, losing only to a guy wearing multiple mirror worth gear, and even then, not by much. My gems aren't even leveled yet. It also doesn't account for my Vortex which I use as a secondary DPS source (looking at 350k DPS right now), as well as utility for chills, freezes and bonechill.

My version, other than costing 500x less, is also waaaaay tankier - maybe not in RAW ES, but in mitigation, there is no comparison. I'm looking at 12k ES, 25k armor, 76 (or 77% with a lucky corruption) allres, maxblock, insane regen and ES on hit from disc watcher's eye. My ES pool never dip, even facetanking Sirus.

So I'd like to share this with ya'll. If you want a twist on the build, give guardian a try! I'll be happy to respond any questions or doubts you might have =)

Cheers

Good take on Whispering Ice. The damage is indeed up there with much lower budget, but your defenses are streaky as hell if I'm reading this right. You don't leech, your huge regen and block kick in every few seconds, then turn off, leaving you open. The armor is really nice in your build, and I have no doubt it's viable as hell, and on a much lower budget, but on the upper end of gearing, I think this build blows it up in pure power through insane stat stacking and uber leech recovery.
"
Breken escribió:
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
Hey guys. I found this topic by accident, and see there is lots of discussion and exchange of information in it.

I am a lv 97 Guardian playing WI. I'm rank 2 in the ladder right now by DPS, losing only to a guy wearing multiple mirror worth gear, and even then, not by much. My gems aren't even leveled yet. It also doesn't account for my Vortex which I use as a secondary DPS source (looking at 350k DPS right now), as well as utility for chills, freezes and bonechill.

My version, other than costing 500x less, is also waaaaay tankier - maybe not in RAW ES, but in mitigation, there is no comparison. I'm looking at 12k ES, 25k armor, 76 (or 77% with a lucky corruption) allres, maxblock, insane regen and ES on hit from disc watcher's eye. My ES pool never dip, even facetanking Sirus.

So I'd like to share this with ya'll. If you want a twist on the build, give guardian a try! I'll be happy to respond any questions or doubts you might have =)

Cheers

Good take on Whispering Ice. The damage is indeed up there with much lower budget, but your defenses are streaky as hell if I'm reading this right. You don't leech, your huge regen and block kick in every few seconds, then turn off, leaving you open. The armor is really nice in your build, and I have no doubt it's viable as hell, and on a much lower budget, but on the upper end of gearing, I think this build blows it up in pure power through insane stat stacking and uber leech recovery.

I do leech through Heart of Ice, and it even caps out the possible leech/sec giving the high damage output. I just don't lean 100% on leech as my only "defense", thus I'm not scaling it.

ES on hit from watcher's eye coupled with heart of ice makes more leech just redundant and irrelevant. I much rather focus on having higher mitigation, increasing my effective HP pool by a laaarge margin.

Different strokes for different folks tho (or whatever that saying is haha), I just figured the build could be more than simple pure INT stacking.
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:

I do leech through Heart of Ice, and it even caps out the possible leech/sec giving the high damage output. I just don't lean 100% on leech as my only "defense", thus I'm not scaling it.

ES on hit from watcher's eye coupled with heart of ice makes more leech just redundant and irrelevant. I much rather focus on having higher mitigation, increasing my effective HP pool by a laaarge margin.

Different strokes for different folks tho (or whatever that saying is haha), I just figured the build could be more than simple pure INT stacking.

Could be a budget variant especially for HC, but if you want to answer to the question "Have you ever seen the true face of GOD , exile ?" min-maxed Scion version wash the floor with it :)

Killing Sirus lv 8 in under 2.30 minutes with all that afk crap lost time between phases just proves my saying

And i would be curious for an answer to this question also: "How deep can you go?"...... in Delve of course
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 10 ene. 2020 17:15:43
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:

Could be a budget variant especially for HC, but if you want to answer to the question "Have you ever seen the true face of GOD , exile ?" min-maxed Scion version wash the floor with it :)

Killing Sirus lv 8 in under 2.30 minutes with all that afk crap lost time between phases just proves my saying

I'm doing exactly the same thing, while facetanking, while spending 500x less :p sooo
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:

I'm doing exactly the same thing, while facetanking, while spending 500x less :p sooo

Still, 87k Shaper Average Hit is far from top value, myself i am doing 140K and looking at the gear is not so budget like you pretend it is :)

Your gear is better than most of Scion WI chars from poe.ninja, and this means that 95% of Scions there are on budget which is not really true!

And the IceStorm dps showed by poe.ninja is misleading by a margin a big one!

if Kelvynn would be here he would tell you why his Scion version is a better choice than Guardian version overall, unfortunately he stopped playing this league i think!

And regarding the "mnltiple mirror gear guy" i can't believe i was so efficient at getting this "multiple mirrors" gear in only one month just by playing the game smart :)
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 10 ene. 2020 17:47:14
"
lilianmarius escribió:

if Kelvynn would be here he would tell you why his Scion version is a better choice than Guardian version overall, unfortunately he stopped playing this league i think!

Yeah, Kelvynn is the master at WI optimization and theory crafting. I think he's played a version of the build for what? 3 years or something?

Liliamarius takes the build to the total extreme every time through good currency management, luck and oodles of playtime.

I will say though, that if I get motivated later I may take that Templar build for a spin, as I'm overdue to level a templar above 90. Been awhile. So thanks for posting.
Editado por útlima vez por Breken en 10 ene. 2020 18:08:43
i am selling my current kinda OP amulet for 60 exalts, need the currency to buy a mirror and pay a fee for a better amulet.

So if anyone is interested in a top amulet that don't cost a mirror whisper me, maybe you'll get also a discount if we trade soon!

"
lilianmarius escribió:

Still, 87k Shaper Average Hit is far from top value, myself i am doing 140K and looking at the gear is not so budget like you pretend it is :)

Your gear is better than most of Scion WI chars from poe.ninja, and this means that 95% of Scions there are on budget which is not really true!

And regarding the "mnltiple mirror gear guy" i can't believe i was so efficient at getting this "multiple mirrors" gear in only one month just by playing the game smart :)

I have no idea why you are getting so defensive over this. Chill, dude.

My average hit is 120k while yours is 140k. The difference between our builds is that you spent 500x more on yours and got more INT and ES, while my version has much, much better defenses, mitigation and playability because of Guardian's whole quality of life kit - regen, block, curse protection, charges on hit, armour, stun protection etc etc.

Still, congrats on following the build by the book and spending lots on it.

"
Breken escribió:

I will say though, that if I get motivated later I may take that Templar build for a spin, as I'm overdue to level a templar above 90. Been awhile. So thanks for posting.

No problem man, I'm having heaps of fun doing all the game's content and going for 100 for the first time in a long time. Highly recommend!
Editado por útlima vez por Knuckledust13 en 10 ene. 2020 18:46:03
"
lilianmarius escribió:

I have no idea why you are getting so defensive over this. Chill, dude.

My average hit is 120k while yours is 140k. I don't even have level 5 gems yet. The difference between our builds is that you spent 500x more on yours and got more INT and ES, while my version has much, much better defenses, mitigation and playability because of Guardian's whole quality of life kit - regen, block, curse protection, charges on hit, armour, stun protection etc etc.

Still, congrats on following the build by the book and spending lots on it.

"
Breken escribió:

No problem man, I'm having heaps of fun doing all the game's content and going for 100 for the first time in a long time. Highly recommend!!
Editado por útlima vez por Knuckledust13 en 10 ene. 2020 18:48:37
"
Knuckledust13 escribió:

Cheers
-60% chaos res in current league (or previous) is already questionable. Also no freeze immunity (yes, scion is conditional too but still). Also stupid question - HoI and ele focus? Also calling 30 attack block "maxblock" is kinda wrong.
And about DPS: you have 121k-5.9m dps (first frame - max DPS).
Next build after you in poeninja (because my gear cost 500x less so comparing is useless): 112k-5.0m-6.36m (first frame - frame where you cap your dps - max DPS).
I dont want to call guardian version bad, but from my experience on low budget you fall on DPS side faster than on defense side. Where scion is better (due to having free 60 int, frostbite on top of enfeeble/TC, and 5 free points meaning at least additional 50 int).
Editado por útlima vez por pda898 en 10 ene. 2020 20:04:09

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional