[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

"
Viktranka escribió:
Thanks Xmustard!

Now I have to rethink my character setup...

---

Afonsosp, how do you get much damage from the totems when it's not buffed by levels from the bow, ballista support is -41% damage and multiple totems is -21% damage? On paper it seems they wouldn't be doing good damage, so what's the secret?

There is no secret :) , TR itself is very strong, let`s compare here:

TR + Totem = T16 Metamorph - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XA4RFgO1EE

Only Totem T15 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4rarf4uvDQ

The first video you can see I literally dissolved the boss, with totens only it takes a little bit more time, it`s due to the -41% and -21% , but even with these (-), my totem is able to kill T15, T16 boss normally.

Now this combination Self + Totem (Damage and debuff), is really a very good deal :)

the totems have less damage yes, but because you can have so many totems and that equals so many extra pods doing damage at once, it kind of makes up for it.

of course your self-cast will be much more powerful than the totems on their own, unless you specifically focus more on the totems.
I did a small change here, testing Iron Reflexes, I saw many players in Poe Ninja using, so I decided to test, doing some T16 metamorph:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXT68jZ_KQ (T16 Full Map + Meta Boss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My-WHGnewAE (T16 Metamorph boss facetank)

good luck with that on a long term basis, lol

no acro/phase acro, and no evasion on a less-than 5k hp pathfinder. seems pretty bizarre how you have things setup.

using iron reflexes only gives you armour instead of evasion, and armour gives you physical damage mitigation. capped at 90% it still is only effective vs smaller hits more than larger ones.
you still need to get mitigation elsewhere if possible if you're going to be taking every single hit thrown at you, since you no longer have evasion (unlses something is blinded) especially with less than 5k hp.

do you even hit the cap of 90% phys mit as a pathfinder with IR?
"
xMustard escribió:

no acro/phase acro, and no evasion on a less-than 5k hp pathfinder. seems pretty bizarre how you have things setup.

using iron reflexes only gives you armour instead of evasion, and armour gives you physical damage mitigation. capped at 90% it still is only effective vs smaller hits more than larger ones.
you still need to get mitigation elsewhere if possible if you're going to be taking every single hit thrown at you, since you no longer have evasion (unlses something is blinded) especially with less than 5k hp.

I believe you are a smart guy and understand the means about "testing", right? :) If some guys are testing, why not to check?

I did a T16 just for testing in the "Snake Conqueror Influence", It`s performed very well in this complex mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKXT68jZ_KQ ,

Just for a testing purpose, I`m doing all bosses facetank for testing, including the Metamorphs bosses, until now 0 deaths stopping at their faces.

So I`ll test the same with the guardians comparting with my MAIN build using acrobatics and evasion.

"
xMustard escribió:

Dunno if it's relevant, but when I plug my old TR PF (self cast not totem spec but probably similar tree) from legion league it has 54k armor with jade flask of reflexes up, and as PF we get flasks back a lot, that's not too shabby, and you can use molten shell / vaal molten shell which soaks big hits.

Only problem is it doesn't help against degens so I had to get some chaos res (this season it's even worse from what I saw) and spec master alchemist instead of nature's adrenaline because oh my gosh these ignites just kill you.

Also was running perfect form, atziri step and quartz flask which with PF flask bonuses added up to 61% spell dodge so not too shabby either. I've seen nowadays you don't have to get perfect form, you can get awakener gem "thread of hope" and with correct radius you can pick phase acro without crapping on your armor %. That gem allows to also pick Silent Steps which is a decent defensive 1-pointer, you could just use abyss jewel w/ blind on hit or something.

And I imagine when you play a totem build the mobs often aggro on totems so it's less likely they'll all gang on you.

My character had a lot more life nodes though, Afonso's character has only 121% maybe because he prio's jewels and I'm too stingy / poor to buy good ones so had only 2 sockets vs his 7.
yeah 54k armour should definitely be capped 90% phys mit.

on pob when i take IR on my raider, the interesting thing is with the onslaught evade buff, that doesn't get translated to the armour value, so that transition happens before the boost is calculated. however, if you blind enemies (50% evade) then the evade boost is boosted on top of that.

so with raider, you can actually get really good evade rating even with IR spec'd. this is pretty interesting, actually.

without acro my raider has 40k armor (with granite and jade, which i use anyway even without IR), but with acro its 20k, which is about 66% phys mit. 40k is 80%.

with acro i have 50/45 dodge and without its 10/15, so it makes me think that its better to still run acrobatics. however, this actually doesn't sound like a bad idea especially for raider, because you can still end up with 70% evasion instead of 95% but you gain 66% phys mitigation.

god damn. this could be massive.

even better, with IR and acro, you can spec into Arrow Dancing and still get 95% projectile evade and 55% melee evade, IF they're blinded.

hmm what is the best way to blind something? lol
ok i apologize for kinda mocking the idea - im also going to test this change. it looks crazy good. lol at least by PoB numbers and standards.

going to spec into IR, use vaal molten shell, and use flesh and stone over summon skittertits. will report back in a couple days lol

projected change is going from 95% evade down to 68%, gaining 65% phys mit (66% if hit recently because of kintsugi) and instead of a 2209 hp steelskin shield which has a lower cooldown but also a much lower duration, will be using vaal molten shell/molten shell for a 12,000/4,000 hp shield which will last a ton longer. nearly 6 seconds for molten shell.

so yeah this looks legit lol
"
xMustard escribió:
hmm what is the best way to blind something? lol
Stibnite flask / flesh & stone blind but only in point blank range. Otherwise there are abyss jewels with chance to blind on hit and I think there are some mods on quivers? Not sure. How about blind support linked on the totems?
Thanks for the good ideas guys :)

I`m going to test first Acrobats + IR on Pathfinder, remembering my Witchfire brew give me Blind and more evasion, I also added Blind gem to the totem for testing.

Let me try some T16 for checking, I`ll share a videos soon :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional