[3.5] Updated Hardcore Betrayal Bax_CD's Herald of Agony Ascendant Scion HoA Beginner Friendly

"
daleroy escribió:
I'm currently running Damage on Full Life, Vile Toxins, Empower 4, Minion Damage in my chest, with the 6th link alternating between Pierce for clear and Vicious Projectiles for bosses. What have you found is the best link for bosses? Faster attacks gives more Cleave DPS, but less Tail Spike and Mortar.

If this is not your first character buy a tabula and you can run both pierce and vicious projectiles
"
ClassicEnergy escribió:
"
WangJianWei escribió:
"
maxdking escribió:
I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious - but how do you run HoA and Hatred at the same time at level 24?

Thanks!

I have the same question myself, with HoA and Hatred, I can't even cast Ball lightning

You need the shield to use all the auras, at level 24 upwards you don't use all auras just agony and using a dread banner is ideal

I too had this question and neither response is meaningful to me as a relatively new player. Hatred is 50% reserve and supported agony is 42% leaving a very small pool of mana for spells. Shield is not usable as far as I can see for quite a while.

What seems to work for me is I have shield charge setup with hatred/agony and blade vortex. I spin up vortex ahead of time and shield charge into group which gets things going and just keep spamming vortex as much as possible to keep it up. Works great on groups, pain on bosses or focus groups (syndicate transports are a pain to keep focus)

Been pretty successful - started this at mid 20s and now low 40s - 1 death (due to me thinking I was in a safe spot while I took a call) and I am NOT a hardcore type player

Anyway - hope this helps or someone points out better way.
Editado por útlima vez por Unshiftables en 30 dic. 2018 10:25:34
"
maxdking escribió:

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious - but how do you run HoA and Hatred at the same time at level 24?

I too had this question and neither response is meaningful to me as a relatively new player. Hatred is 50% reserve and supported agony is 42% leaving a very small pool of mana for spells. Shield is not usable as far as I can see for quite a while.

What seems to work for me is I have shield charge setup with hatred/agony and blade vortex. I spin up vortex ahead of time and shield charge into group which gets things going and just keep spamming vortex as much as possible to keep it up. Works great on groups, pain on bosses or focus groups (syndicate transports are a pain to keep focus)

Been pretty successful - started this at mid 20s and now low 40s - 1 death (due to me thinking I was in a safe spot while I took a call) and I am NOT a hardcore type player

Anyway - hope this helps or someone points out better way.

At level 28 you should be replacing blade vortex with ball lightning and have 3 link HOA, as i said before this build becomes easier if you invest in a tabula and can have 5 link HOA. The other heralds and auras are not needed until you can get the shield which makes having heralds and auras trivial.
Editado por útlima vez por ClassicEnergy en 30 dic. 2018 10:46:54
not bad
ah i think i got so stuck on the hatred mana thing at 24 i forgot to switch at 28

as a point of comparison - the ball is superior overall, but there definitely is some slight more satisfaction in the vortex/shield charging method for non-bosses

can we use anything else besides ball as poison applicator (arc?) - i think that's my main point of wishing it was diff

thanks again
"
ClassicEnergy escribió:
"
WangJianWei escribió:
"
maxdking escribió:

Thanks!

I have the same question myself, with HoA and Hatred, I can't even cast Ball lightning

You need the shield to use all the auras, at level 24 upwards you don't use all auras just agony and using a dread banner is ideal

Thanks for the answer. Understand that I will need the shield before running all auras. That makes sense.

I'm currently lvl 56, and running 5-linked HoA, and 4-linked Ball Lightning. Only Aura I used is Herald of Lightning, but maybe I will try the dread banner.

Hows the clear speed once you switch over to low life? Build seems very safe while farming before low life just very slow and inefficient (leaving mobs behind or the scorpion taking forever to catch up to you). Is there a light at the end of the tunnel once you can afford to switch over?
"
TalkinBidness escribió:
Hows the clear speed once you switch over to low life? Build seems very safe while farming before low life just very slow and inefficient (leaving mobs behind or the scorpion taking forever to catch up to you). Is there a light at the end of the tunnel once you can afford to switch over?

that's the reason you use Convocation gem, to bring the scorpion to your position when you feel like...

Once you make the build really complete, full, it is pretty quick.. and it feels really safe and easy for t16 guardians, shaper, elders, etc
Ball lightning and Lancing Steel, both horrible skill to use and using 2 skills, one for impale is mad annoying.
Editado por útlima vez por kitsmule en 6 ene. 2019 17:19:21
This maybe a general question. I'm now lvl 70.
I think the biggest hurdle for me to get the items in this build is the 6L Shavronne's wrappings which in Betrayal is 3Ex at the cheapest.

Any suggestions how to farm currencies quickly?

And would it be better to buy a 6L or invests in many fusing orbs for the 6L?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional