New player, check up on my lvl88 Gladiator

You're in pretty good shape for a new player, follow the advice in here and learn the ins and outs of crafting and you'll be golden.
@CaptainWARLORD
"

Vulnerability boosts everything Physical but is best for Physical/Bleed based builds. Try Punishment if you are scaling melee hits.

This would be trading the full up-time and bleed chance/damage for a significant attack speed boost. I will try but I fear that the up time won't be good enough. If your damage is good, most packs should die before they get the chance to hit you right?. It's what happens in T8 maps for me so with a end-game ready character I believe this happens at very high tier maps.

@Anal_Bleeding
"

belt of the deceiver is a good cheap choise for a belt
dont forget lion's roar flask
and anti curse mod on flask help a lot
dont forget summon ice golem for more accuracy and crit chance

I will look for the flasks, and put back ice golem. I stopped to use it cause it was dying all the time. I should probably try again with a support gem for it.

@Anal_Bleeding and @0piate
"
yes vulnerability is better on full phys bleed bleed.. make sure u have 100% chance to inflict bleed ..and crimson dance (keystone on the tree) is a must on bleed build ...

"
Avoid doing a half hearted crit build like what you have. If you are going to go crit, get your crit chance at least up to 40% with 250% crit multiplier.

Ok so this is an interesting topic. I get it that going full bleeding with Crimson dance, or full crit are nice builds from which you can get the max of each playstyle.
But the in between are a complex topic.

I've just run a simulation for the crit impact on dps and indeed, increasing by a small amount crit chance and crit multiplier does not much: http://www.livephysics.com/tools/mathematical-tools/online-3-d-function-grapher/?xmin=0.05&xmax=1&ymin=1.5&ymax=4&zmin=Auto&zmax=Auto&f=1*%28x*%28y-1%29%2B1%29%2F%284%29
Here x = crit chance ranging from 0.05 to 1, y = crit multiplier ranging from 1.5 to 4, and z = total dps. I have normalized z by the max dps (zmax=4) so that's zmax becomes equal to 1. It makes it easier to identify when the increase in dps from crits (x and y increasing) starts to overcome an increase of the dps by passive nodes that grants +%damage (the straight diagonal between the curve point at zmin and the curve point at zmax). When the slope of the curve is lesser than the slope of that diagonal, the crits do less than just augmenting your dps by increasing using passive nodes or gears that increase your physical/elemental dps in percent. When the slope is steeper, then increasing crits are more beneficial. It looks like you need around 50% crit chance and 300 crit multiplier to enter this regime. I did this in a dirty way so the number are approximate.
The remaining factor to take into account is how hard it is to increase your dps by using +%damage on nodes/gears versus using +crit chance/multiplier on nodes/gears. For that I don't know poe good enough to make a claim.

Af for bleed, it looks simpler to me. I got bleed as bonus by looking for physical damage with swords nods. So it's not like I have made big detours with my passive to get it. And now I get some more bleeding from Vulnerability even though I use it for the physical damage increase. So I end up with maybe 60-70% chance to bleed, it's just a nice perk. You mean that I could get more dps by choosing a different node, that offer no bleed but much higher dps increase? Could you name one? I have looked for such node but could not find one close.
"
I've just run a simulation for the crit impact on dps and indeed, increasing by a small amount crit chance and crit multiplier does not much: http://www.livephysics.com/tools/mathematical-tools/online-3-d-function-grapher/?xmin=0.05&xmax=1&ymin=1.5&ymax=4&zmin=Auto&zmax=Auto&f=1*%28x*%28y-1%29%2B1%29%2F%284%29
Here x = crit chance ranging from 0.05 to 1, y = crit multiplier ranging from 1.5 to 4, and z = total dps. I have normalized z by the max dps (zmax=4) so that's zmax becomes equal to 1. It makes it easier to identify when the increase in dps from crits (x and y increasing) starts to overcome an increase of the dps by passive nodes that grants +%damage (the straight diagonal between the curve point at zmin and the curve point at zmax). When the slope of the curve is lesser than the slope of that diagonal, the crits do less than just augmenting your dps by increasing using passive nodes or gears that increase your physical/elemental dps in percent. When the slope is steeper, then increasing crits are more beneficial. It looks like you need around 50% crit chance and 300 crit multiplier to enter this regime. I did this in a dirty way so the number are approximate.
The remaining factor to take into account is how hard it is to increase your dps by using +%damage on nodes/gears versus using +crit chance/multiplier on nodes/gears. For that I don't know poe good enough to make a claim.

I've never though about it to the mathematical extent that you have. I figured it out more or less with common sense. If you have 10% crit chance and you gain a mod that says 20% increase in crit damage, that 20% only happens 10% of the time. If you learn a mod that says 20% increased damage, that 20% is happening 100% of the time. So you can scale your damage better by learning the flat damage mods as opposed to the crit mods.

You can also learn more about damage scaling by simply swapping out gems. When you level your character, say you're a level 30, try out some different support gems and see what happens. If you put an increased crit gem in there, it will do very little because like you mathematically concluded, it won't do much until you get your values higher. Until then, you can get a lot more with flat damage buffs, like a Melee Physical support.

Critical Strike is good because when you run out of flat damage mods then you're only other option to keep your damage up is to start with another damage boost e.g: Critical Strike. Bleed or Poison or Burning are other examples to further increase your damage. After version 3.0 of the game, they changed it so you can't double dip. Meaning you can't build Bleed and Critical Strike at the same time, unless you learn Perfect Agony on the skill tree which has it's downsides as well.

I am doing a Bleed build with the Marauder using Sweep and so far it works good. Level 88 and I can clear out any content, haven't tried the end game bosses yet though. I don't use Crimson Dance because I'd rather use Knockback and get the secondary bleed damage to kick in. Crimson Dance you have to build up stacks making it take longer, in my opinion, to clear out mobs. But for killing bosses, I'd say Crimson Dance would definitely work better because you have plenty of time for building up your 8 stacks of Bleed.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Hey, just a few things you might not know about: If you want to stick with crit, I suggest you check out Lycosidae. Its a shield that gives you 100% chance to hit, so you don't need any accuracy at all, and it has nice block chance too, though not too high life.

A general thing to know about curses: bosses have a huge curse effectiveness reduction. map bosses its 60% less effect, and End game bosses its 80% less effect. So you might wanna consider just linking your curse to Cast When dmg Taken, keep them low lvl so they trigger often.

Hope these help :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional