New player, check up on my lvl88 Gladiator

Hello,

I think it's time for me to start looking closer at my character itemization and I would appreciate help from veterans.

I'm a d2 veteran, I've picked up poe 3 weeks ago and I'm having a blast. I've played self found until now and I'm doing fine (not dying much and killing most blues in 2 seconds) in alched T10 maps with my lvl 88 gladiator. I have gathered some currencies and I think it's time to invest as finding myself upgrades will start to be tedious.

I have looted 1 Ex and 60 Chaos, so that's basically my current budget.

To me, I have garbage chest and gloves. Getting a medium-stat chest with 6 link seems the priority. As I'm playing a phys build, upgrading my weapon would also be top priority but I'm afraid that will be the most expensive.
I'm also looking at the surrender shield with envy :D

So, what should actually be my priority, according to my current setup and my budget?

To give you a bit more info regarding my character:
- 3.8 K life (working on the life node close to the Scion)
- all res overcaped (I use passive and a jewel for that)
- Chaos res at -26
- 70 chance to block hits and spells (<80 when in fight)
- life leech and mana leech for sustain
- Dps from physical hits, counter attacks on hit/block, and bleeding/poison.
- I use extra dmg on bleeding target and increased phys dmg on gear and play with vulnerability aura.
- I basically use 95% of my mana as reserved, the 32 mana left "are enough for do my power" (dota2 meme)
- I'm pretty happy with my passive choices: mix of defense, dps and some synergies.

I'm pretty talkative, I hope I did not write too much. I'm looking forward to discussions.
Cheers !
Editado por útlima vez por Rootsmann en 5 nov. 2018 7:26:42
Reflotado por última vez en 7 nov. 2018 6:54:04
"
Rootsmann escribió:
Hello,

I'm pretty talkative, I hope I did not write too much. I'm looking forward to discussions.
Cheers !

Put ur account free so i can see ur char
Editado por útlima vez por Anal_Bleeding en 5 nov. 2018 7:50:22
"
Anal_Bleeding escribió:
"
Rootsmann escribió:
Hello,

Cheers !

Put ur account free so i can see ur char

I thought it was sorry. I have uncrossed "hidde character tab", I hope it's enough?

Nice account name btw XD
"

There's your first problem. Minimum % Life is 150 for most people.

160-180 is the comfortable range. Especially in HC you easily have 200+ from tree.

I do have 147% life, and I'll get to 172% once I finish this node. It looks like it's more a lack of + raw life on gear. Like on my chest...

Good to have numbers to look for, ty.
"
Rootsmann escribió:
"

There's your first problem. Minimum % Life is 150 for most people.

160-180 is the comfortable range. Especially in HC you easily have 200+ from tree.

I do have 147% life, and I'll get to 172% once I finish this node. It looks like it's more a lack of + raw life on gear. Like on my chest...

Good to have numbers to look for, ty.

Yeah u need at least 160% from tree , that is the base !

Abyssus if u dont have a good defence is dangereous , a lot .

And ur gear is so bad... search for :
-Lioneye's Remorse shiel for budget : have a lot of life
-The surrender - for more expencive shield
-u can get a bettere rare ring with more res for 10 or 20 c each . if u can get more res on gear u can drop purity of the element .
-Try to get at least a 5 link on ur body and put ur main attack skill inside, 4 link for mapping is so low.
-whats ur chance to hit ? i thins is low ( u need some accuracy on ur rares ) or gladiator work better whit resolute tecnoque on a budget . 90% chance to hit is the base for a good dps.
-Bringer of rain helmet is a choise for budget block build.
-link fortify on ur movement skill - not on main skill.
-if u dont use auras like hatred u must use brutality support for full phys damage.
-search for a rare boots with more res, u dont need that unique.
-FLASK : search for lion's roar - diamond flask( if u want go crit build ) - sulhur flask for some life regen on consecrated ground - mana flask is useless
- link -> reckoning - curse on hit - vulnerability and u can sava mana... use heral of purity instead
-if u wanna run crit search for scaeva gladius or if not crit search for ichimonji are all two good budget choises . better then ur current sword

There are more think but this is the base ( for me )

Dave

Editado por útlima vez por Anal_Bleeding en 5 nov. 2018 9:30:03
Well Dave, Thank's a lot. You gave me plenty of food for thoughts and great advices.

It's crazy how you feel like my character is so weak, yet I find myself happy in T10 maps with rare mods. It's probably getting exponentially harder at higher maps... Or you would laugh at how slow my character is but I don't even realize it XD I feel like I run through mobs and burst them.

"
Abyssus if u dont have a good defence is dangereous , a lot .

I felt it was dangerous when I found it but now that I can sustain it, it feels good. Will see if I put it aside until I'm more well geared. It's hard for me to drop that helm and my shield cause they both add a huge dps boost (20% global phys dmg from shield). I guess having 5 link on main skill and Hatred or brutality will over compensate the dps loss.

"
-u can get a better rare ring with more res for 10 or 20 c each

You are talking about rings with 15 all res and two other resistance over 30 for example? I should also keep chaos res on rings right (even more cause I'll drop the boots following your advice)?

"
-Try to get at least a 5 link on ur body and put ur main attack skill inside, 4 link for mapping is so low.

Alright this will be priority number 1.

"
- 90% chance to hit is the base for a good dps.

I can't check it now, but I'm pretty sure it is around 85-90%. That was not a stat I was looking for as I don't feel I miss hits during battles. I'll care about reaching the 90% minimum.

"
-link fortify on ur movement skill - not on main skill.
Smart.

"
-if u dont use auras like hatred u must use brutality support for full phys damage.

I thought I was gaining more with vulnerability over hatred. Hatred brings 26% more dps, subject to reduction by monsters elemental resist. Vulnerability increase the phys damage taken by monsters by 28% (plus help with bleed). Looks much better to me. I am maybe miss-calculating something? I understand that you don't say to replace vulnerability by hatred, but to play both. It's just that I've read somewhere that hatred is a go too. It just look weaker to me. Maybe people prefer hatred because of it's only one socket?

"
mana flask is useless
I use them to not get chilled, as I need to dps to life leech. But yeah I completely overlooked the power of good flask usage. I'll work on that.

"
- link -> reckoning - curse on hit - vulnerability and u can sava mana... use heral of purity instead.

Didn't know about curse on hit. Will look for that ! If I'm slot starved, should I choose Hatred over Herald of purity?

"
scaeva gladius or if not crit search for ichimonji are all two good budget choises . better then ur current sword

I like Scaeva and it's cheap, I'll get one !

Rings like this

They are like 15c or 20c each

You can check ur chance to hit in this way click "C" in game and select ur main skill .. there is" main hand chance to hit " .

Its more difficult find chaos res on gear , is more rare then other res ... on my char i have -40% chaos res.

Hatred is an aura , vulnerability is a curse ... u can apply the curse with curse on hit support gem without waste ur mana reserved .
( reckoning - curse on hit support - vulnerability : u will apply the curse when u block )
And use hatred or another aura ... u can use hatred and heral of purity too are 50% and 25% mana reserved ...
if u choose brutality u cant use hatred ( brutality drop all ur ele damage )
u can use this set up
first : heral of purity 25% - arctic armour 25% - purity of the elements 35% id ur res are weak or vitality 35% ---> whit brutality ... total 85%
second: hatred 50% - herald of purity 25% ---> w/out brutality .. total 75%

1 Link riposte is usefull u can drop it

english isn't my language so I hope I explained myself well

Thank you for the linked rings. I'll by some like those.

Good to know that -40 chaos res is acceptable.

I will have to try but I'm afraid the spreading of Vulnerability will not be enough with Reckoning. Indeed, it's area of effect is a small cone. As I use reave it's annoying if half the mobs are not cursed because the pack does not die together.

I have read a bit more and Vulnerability is actually quite better than hatred for a phys+bleed build.
So I'll up my res on gear and try "herald of purity + artic armour + vulnerability" for a total of 85% mana reserved. I'll add brutality on my main skill. Sounds like a nice setup.

Your English is fine, I understood everything. I'm not a native speaker neither so I don't mind the grammar and stuff.
"
Rootsmann escribió:
Thank you for the linked rings. I'll by some like those.

Good to know that -40 chaos res is acceptable.

I will have to try but I'm afraid the spreading of Vulnerability will not be enough with Reckoning. Indeed, it's area of effect is a small cone. As I use reave it's annoying if half the mobs are not cursed because the pack does not die together.

I have read a bit more and Vulnerability is actually quite better than hatred for a phys+bleed build.
So I'll up my res on gear and try "herald of purity + artic armour + vulnerability" for a total of 85% mana reserved. I'll add brutality on my main skill. Sounds like a nice setup.

Your English is fine, I understood everything. I'm not a native speaker neither so I don't mind the grammar and stuff.

yes vulnerability is better on full phys bleed bleed.. make sure u have 100% chance to inflict bleed ..and crimson dance (keystone on the tree) is a must on bleed build ...

belt of the deceiver is a good cheap choise for a belt
dont forget lion's roar flask
and anti curse mod on flask help a lot

dont forget summon ice golem for more accuracy and crit chance
Totem: ancestral protector for more attack speed or ancestral warchief fo more phys damage ... i prefere always attack speed

And I advised you to get path of building program

Editado por útlima vez por Anal_Bleeding en 5 nov. 2018 12:20:48
Getting into tier 10 maps is good for a new player. Next thing you'll want to learn is how to trade and craft your gear. Something you don't do as intensively in Diablo 2. Acquiring the right gear and building your character is what Path of Exile is about. It's hard to explain here but there are several Youtube videos on item crafting, trading, and farming.

Basically, you need a six link body armour and more life on all of your gear. Avoid doing a half hearted crit build like what you have. If you are going to go crit, get your crit chance at least up to 40% with 250% crit multiplier. If your crit is too low then you are investing a lot to get very little which will gimp your character. I did a max block build recently, you can check out in my sig if you want. I'm level 88 and can take out the tier 16 guardians.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional