[3.5] Guffin's Rain of Hope (Shredder) | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Hey Guffin, You've seen me around in this thread for some time now. I've finally been able to afford most of the gearpieces and as such I'd like to share my current gear & experience with the build so far, as well as ask for some feedback on what I can improve!

Gear:

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/RCbZ6h9y

I'm reaching about 230k shaper deeps. Haven't really tried engame bosses at all, since i'm still building my map pool, but it should be fine with either RoA or SA. Did regular Atziri though, easy as always, although the randomness of RoA spread can be a little annoying/ dangerous in clone phase, same goes with SA.

Gearwise I think i'm doing alright. Got some decent rares although they could still be improved. Helmet is mainly to easily cap my resists & get cold as my highest one. Could probably improve abyss jewels as well although they do help out with my resistances atm.

Around depth 200 now, which doesn't form any problem whatsoever, even when carrying 3 friends of mine to level 'm faster.

As some others have stated before, I don't notice the degen at all once you get a few leech stacks going, although it was very noticable when my damage was still on the lower end & I was undergeared.

Curious to see how far I can take this character depth-wise with the softcore setup. Might have to go towards the HC one if survivability gets lacking.

All in all, great guide. Really enjoyed my playtime so far. Reached 90 in 30 ingame hours, which'll probably translate to 20-ish actually playing the game.

E:
just exalted my belt, hit a EDWA roll
. FeelsGoodMan
Editado por útlima vez por iOnlyRave en 6 oct. 2018 12:30:35
tnx again for respond Guffin's.

can yoy explain why damage on full life gem work?
i understand we constant regen becasue of overleech, but my regen goes up and down all the time, if no mobs near and overleech still running it stays stable on 7210 life out of 7230 = it should not work

tryed to take gem in and out etc and can for sure tell it seems to work, i just dont understand why :D

Btw. a small budget tip i am using Anger and purity(ice or elements)
and use a watcher's eye with critmulti when using anger and phys reduction with purity of elements.

payed 20c for it, and its quite a big toughness boost from phys dmg. in the perfect world it would been with purity of ice,but to be fair the purity of elements is fine for budget too, since it make resi cap so eazy to get that you can afford to get alot more life and dmg on rings/amulets without worry on resist.

only thing i miss is my herald of ice :S the explotions look nice, tho i dont feel any diffrence in delve 350+ when it come to dmg and it buffed my single target dmg.
Editado por útlima vez por Nisseonbeer en 6 oct. 2018 11:03:03
"
Guffinn escribió:

Spoiler

Yo, ty for the interest :)

Personally would rather recommend Rare Chests with more Life for this Build. DPS is not a problem, Life moreso IMO.

Considered a Blasphemy Setup as well, but for me personally Proj Weakness offers the same DPS as a 20/20 HoI.
And considering my experiences with Gem and Gearswaps for Bosses from my other Guide, 80% of the people either ignore it or don't like it :P

As for the Rare Helmet: I completely agree, that's why I put it at the top of the Alternatives. That said, Enchanted Starkonjas are super Plentiful and easy to come by.
The vast majority of people playing my other Build have no real Idea about crafting or rare Gering, and I don't wanna put an Option as first that seems difficult to achieve, when you can have OK resulsts with a Starkonjas. Especially since so many People completely ignore what I spent hours on writing, and simply try to buy the first Gear they see :P

Yep, I have adding Farruls on my To Do List. Will add it to the Build Variations in the second Post, since the changes that come with it are a bit more extensive.
As for the Price of Rares: technically you can go infinite with those :P That's why I provided Budget options etc.
And I promise you, People will ignore the Disclaimer that you recommend :D I will add it obviously, but the amount of people that don't read Guides fully is astonishing.

As for Poachers Mark, that's up to you obviously. Personally, I mash my Flasks before every pack without a Problem anyways.

As for your Gear etc.: that looks damn solid mate :D

I'm hyped to see where you take this Build! Thanks for the very valid Input, and keep me updated on where you take the Char :)

Ah, yes I didn't consider the brand new player aiming to follow the guide; which as it's so well put together would be pretty simple. Adding an extra variable through rare helms may end up going over a few heads. I agree that Starkonja/Devotos are definitely the easiest choice and make getting an enchantment easy.

I agree with the sentiment with the rare chests too; although all I did was add the elder attack crit mod to the current search. It's comparable to Loreweave for my setup, but I'm running SA and don't ever drop Inc Crit. I think it'd make a bigger difference for the RoA builds without a +x crit Hatred Watcher's when you've dropped Inc Crit for Conc Effect but hey; that's what PoB is for, right? Certainly could be a stepping stone.

I like having something to push; I think it'll be fun. Haven't had a lot of time to play, and made a fossil farmer to take advantage of Delve; but made some minor upgrades I think. Managed to balance my 2 lower Fire/Light res for Wise Oak accidentally, picked up a couple new Abyss Jewels and also these:

Just need some levels; working on the 6L bow, then we can really take off with this.
Editado por útlima vez por Morelikeew en 6 oct. 2018 15:41:22
"
jtedrick escribió:
Think I fixed it, unsure why the default setting is private. Seems like Public is the better starting position, and then private if you're trying to be hyper-competitive.

Ty for changing it mate :)

Before you invest your EX into Meeks, I'd go for a better Amulet (WED/Cold Damage + Multi + Flat Clot/Accuracy/Whatever) and a Stygian Vise (WED/Ele Damage/Cold Daage) with a good Jewel (Life + Flat Cold/Accuracy).
Both should be easy Life, and big-ish DPS increases for way less Money. Just check out the Trade Links in the Guide.

Btw, I see you're taking some Notes from the Survivability Section, really appreciate someone using it :D
Hope I could give you a point to start from, rest of you Char looks Solid!

"
Nisseonbeer escribió:
testing your build in the moment, with a few small changes.

i am getting close to 400 in delve and lots of stuff down there you cant facetank, so i wonder are we sure we want point blank? it will only get worse as we go deeper, so it will most likely be a dps loss to use it from safety.

Ty for giving the Build a shot :)

Even the top guys in the Ladder with this Build (~600) still use Point Blank, so I'd say it's safe to assume it's still worth it.
Personally I've seen people have no problems with getting closer to Mobs in quite a few Streams too. That said, some powerful Crits are always shitty, so if you feel it's safer/worth it to stay back: by all means go for it.

"
iOnlyRave escribió:
Spoiler
Hey Guffin, You've seen me around in this thread for some time now. I've finally been able to afford most of the gearpieces and as such I'd like to share my current gear & experience with the build so far, as well as ask for some feedback on what I can improve!

Gear:

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/RCbZ6h9y

I'm reaching about 230k shaper deeps. Haven't really tried engame bosses at all, since i'm still building my map pool, but it should be fine with either RoA or SA. Did regular Atziri though, easy as always, although the randomness of RoA spread can be a little annoying/ dangerous in clone phase, same goes with SA.

Gearwise I think i'm doing alright. Got some decent rares although they could still be improved. Helmet is mainly to easily cap my resists & get cold as my highest one. Could probably improve abyss jewels as well although they do help out with my resistances atm.

Around depth 200 now, which doesn't form any problem whatsoever, even when carrying 3 friends of mine to level 'm faster.

As some others have stated before, I don't notice the degen at all once you get a few leech stacks going, although it was very noticable when my damage was still on the lower end & I was undergeared.

Curious to see how far I can take this character depth-wise with the softcore setup. Might have to go towards the HC one if survivability gets lacking.

All in all, great guide. Really enjoyed my playtime so far. Reached 90 in 30 ingame hours, which'll probably translate to 20-ish actually playing the game.

E:
just exalted my belt, hit a EDWA roll
. FeelsGoodMan

Hey mate, cool to see you reporting back :)

Your Gear looks really solid overall!
The "weakest" points so far seem to be Hate Eye and your Stygian. The Stygian with the Res might be hard to replace tho (ideally you want more WED/Cold Damage), but Hate Eye should be easier I think.
Maybe also try to craft one of these fancy -cold res Helmets with Fossils on that Base, but I guess Res overall are pretty iffy for you atm?

You definitely got the gist of gearing the Char tho, and I'm glad it shows! And gz on that huge Slam, just saw that :D Scratch the Note about upgrading the Stygian :P

Excited to hear where you take the Char :)

"
Nisseonbeer escribió:
tnx again for respond Guffin's.

can yoy explain why damage on full life gem work?
i understand we constant regen becasue of overleech, but my regen goes up and down all the time, if no mobs near and overleech still running it stays stable on 7210 life out of 7230 = it should not work

tryed to take gem in and out etc and can for sure tell it seems to work, i just dont understand why :D

Btw. a small budget tip i am using Anger and purity(ice or elements)
and use a watcher's eye with critmulti when using anger and phys reduction with purity of elements.

payed 20c for it, and its quite a big toughness boost from phys dmg. in the perfect world it would been with purity of ice,but to be fair the purity of elements is fine for budget too, since it make resi cap so eazy to get that you can afford to get alot more life and dmg on rings/amulets without worry on resist.

only thing i miss is my herald of ice :S the explotions look nice, tho i dont feel any diffrence in delve 350+ when it come to dmg and it buffed my single target dmg.

Yo dude, np :)

As you say: it just works. We just appear as a few Digits below if there's Degen ongoing, but as long as our Overleech is equal or stronger (which is even the case in Uber Elder Degen :P), we still count as Full Life. It's just a display thing.

As for the Jewel: ideally you'd fix Res etc. elsewhere, but I'll consider adding it as a Budget Option later on when I get to work on the Guide. Ty for the headsup :)

"
Morelikeew escribió:

Ah, yes I didn't consider the brand new player aiming to follow the guide; which as it's so well put together would be pretty simple. Adding an extra variable through rare helms may end up going over a few heads. I agree that Starkonja/Devotos are definitely the easiest choice and make getting an enchantment easy.

I agree with the sentiment with the rare chests too; although all I did was add the elder attack crit mod to the current search. It's comparable to Loreweave for my setup, but I'm running SA and don't ever drop Inc Crit. I think it'd make a bigger difference for the RoA builds without a +x crit Hatred Watcher's when you've dropped Inc Crit for Conc Effect but hey; that's what PoB is for, right? Certainly could be a stepping stone.

I like having something to push; I think it'll be fun. Haven't had a lot of time to play, and made a fossil farmer to take advantage of Delve; but made some minor upgrades I think. Managed to balance my 2 lower Fire/Light res for Wise Oak accidentally, picked up a couple new Abyss Jewels and also these:

Just need some levels; working on the 6L bow, then we can really take off with this.

Yo mate, cool to hear back from you!

Tbh it's not only for the new players, many more experienced people also tend to ignore what's written in Guides :P

I'll make some adjustments to the Chest Segment when I have time to work on the Guide again, ty for the very valid input!

For not having had a lot of time, your Char looks very solid. As you say: it's mostly Levels missing for now.

Feel free to keep me updated on how it goes :)

As for what I've been doing:

After hitting 100 with this Build (1 to 70 with Sunder, 70 to 99,5% with my Reave/BF Build, rest with this one), I tried enchantint these bad Boys for Ele Pen in yesterdays awesome Lab Layout:

To no avail, obviously :P Ended up having to buy a pair for 25ex:

Not the best money decision obvioulsy (fuck Standard Enchant Prices btw, I'm piss poor there), but I like having the right Enchant :P

Currently working on recording some new Videos for both Guides, since the ones in the Reave/BF one are from 3.2 and the ones here from before Hopeshredder Buffs.
When I'm done with that, I'll give the Guides some work and post a little letter for my 100 journey later on.

Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 6 oct. 2018 23:29:54

I struggle with damage even on T1 maps (rares take a second to kill)
What am I messing up?
I know my gear+gems aren't perfect and I'm trying to do 3rd + uber lab but I fear my damage isn't good enough to kill izaro.

In HC Delve; Just trying to obtain some currency for the might of the meek gems.
Editado por útlima vez por Astroknight en 6 oct. 2018 23:32:01
Spoiler
"
Astroknight escribió:

I struggle with damage even on T1 maps (rares take a second to kill)
What am I messing up?
I know my gear+gems aren't perfect and I'm trying to do 3rd + uber lab but I fear my damage isn't good enough to kill izaro.

In HC Delve; Just trying to obtain some currency for the might of the meek gems.

Yo dude, cool to see another HC guy play the Build :)

That said, I recommend only swapping to the Endgame Build (Hopeshredder) after Merc lab and having some decen Damage.

The bigget thing for you right now tho would be not having a 5link. There's really no reason to not have one when you reach maps.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Hardcore%20Delve/4XXd7gC9
These are 5links with the correct Colour and Life on HC Delve. 1c shouldn't be too much I think :P

Sadly I'm kinda pressed for time here as I reaaaaally need sleep. But I can give you some more indepth Tips tomorrow if you want. Just be sure to get some 5link and tell me how it goes.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 6 oct. 2018 23:49:55
This is an amazingly relaxing character to clear maps with, all the way up to T16s, but the guardian/shaper deeps was a bit slow for comfort (defeats the point of having a netflix char if you have to pay attention at the boss) so I split the difference between the RoA and Scourge Arrow builds.

It's also great for farming ~300 depths (shattering literally everything is great).

Thankyou for a tremendously entertaining build.

Editado por útlima vez por Galadedrid en 7 oct. 2018 19:38:39
"
Galadedrid escribió:
This is an amazingly relaxing character to clear maps with, all the way up to T16s, but the guardian/shaper deeps was a bit slow for comfort (defeats the point of having a netflix char if you have to pay attention at the boss) so I split the difference between the RoA and Scourge Arrow builds.

It's also great for farming ~300 depths (shattering literally everything is great).

Thankyou for a tremendously entertaining build.

Spoiler

Thank you for the very kind words mate, glad you enjoy the time!

Also cool to see someone play the SA + RoA Variant :)
But if you check the Gemlinks again in the second Post, you'll see that I advise to use Ele Focus. Checked for you in PoB again and it works out to be more Damage indeed.
On Endgame Bosses it's not really relevant if you chill them, won't change much.

That said, I don't get where the haters for RoA Singletarget come from :P Completely stomped the game with it before the Hopeshredder Buffs, and now while doing Updates for all the Videos (gonna upload tomorrow) I noticed just how insane the Buff was.

Btw, if you have the currency: 2 good rare Rings can beat Mark of the Elder easily.

Anyways, as long as you're having fun with the Build all is fine :)
Feel free to keep us updated on where you take it in the next couple of Levels!
Just wanted to post a quick update. Yesterday I completed my entire atlas. The only maps i didnt run myself are perandus’ manor because of the cost and HOGM. The others were a breeze.

The only time I found that I lacked survivability/damage was against T16 guardians. Hydra straight up oneshots my ass with most of their kit. Damage against mino felt low once my flasks ran out, but nothing too bad. Please do keep in mind that these were corrupted maps with some spicy damage mods / ele resist / enfeeble /... Hence why Hydra took me another map and mino took a few deaths as well. Didnt have any problem with chimera or phoenix.

Did a short shaper run after. Very easy to do, enough dps on ROA for sure. Died once during last phase but I’d put that on the fact that i was tired and got double balled by the clone ^^.

Anything else is just trivial, as are the delves i’m currently at (250+). Today I’ll be trying to proc a red elder and we’ll see from there. Again, ty for the great guide!

Edit:
Just did red elder (T14) and his guardians (15-14-13-13) all deathless without any problem whatsoever. Onto uber elder next.

Second Edit:
Spawned uber elder. Guardians were a walk in the park, all deathless.
Uber elder itself was actually pretty easy. It was my very first attempt ever and died two times. One due to getting combo'd by a ball, the other with elder circle + shaper slam, which I probably could've survived if I was more comfortable with the timing of the circle.

Editado por útlima vez por iOnlyRave en 8 oct. 2018 14:59:03
Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a small feedback to the build and a great thank you to guffin for sharing it and giving such a great guide.

Meanwhile I managed to do next to all of the endgame contend including uber elder 3 times for myself and beating it for my friend at least 4 times. The only encounter I could not test yet is uber atziri because I have not even 1 fragment. NOR was I able to spawn an Aul at the delves. My delve level is currently around 290 - 300 and I just die in the darkness not recognising that my flares are gone =P...

I managed to farm 45 ex atm and I am planing to get my first headhunter since I began playing POE. Not sure if it improves the build in maps or delves but I guess that close to a HH I need to try it at least.

Btw. I dropped the leach notes below vaal pact and just recognised a loss of approximately 300 hp/sec. Instead I took 1 more 3pointer to a jewel socket.

Any other suggestions where I can improve the build?

Greetings!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional