[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
HDTanel escribió:
"
Guffinn escribió:
"
HDTanel escribió:
Dude, I now put on all your recommended gear and it is DOG SHIT still lol. I am lvl60 and white mob packs even kill me easily, leech seems to have no effect, it gets my health pack up quickly but I don´t feel it ever like overleeches for more then 0.5sec.. so 0.5s buffer which is gone when I reach next pack.
I don´t understand how you can progress with this build.. just no way this can kill anything

No, you did not.

As of writing this, you're still missing tons of the League Start Gear. Not only Gear Uniques, also Flasks.
I won't tell you what you're doing wrong, it's literally all written out.

And as I said, others have had no problems. Be it SSF, as a 2nd Character ever, or as more experienced Players.
Everyone that played this Build either pushed into red Maps/Shaper easily, and some took on Uber Elder, and some people that don't bother with reading the Guide failed.

You may be the latter. Like I said dude, maybe this Build isn't for you.
You can not put your Failings on the Guide, when it's worked out dozens of times and you are saying you did everything as recommended, when you're still missing so much.
As a sidenote, there aree 28 Players Level 94 and above (lower ones don't get indexed) currently playing this Build (or a very similar one) in Delve SC:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Ascendant&skill=Reave&keystone=Slayer,Raider,Path-of-the-Ranger,Vaal-Pact,Acrobatics
+ some that made minor Variations in the Keystones or Skillchoices.
And then obviously some below Level 94 :P

This is not meant to attack you on a personal Level, even tho it might come off as that. If that's the case, I beg your pardon.
But as a matter of fact, you are simply failing at reading the Guide thoroughly and following it. That can happen, it's a wall of Text. But don't put your shortcomings on the Guide.

It's completely fine to admit that you couldn't follow this Guide and drop the Character. There are tons to chose from out there, and regardless of which one you end up with, I hope you have a good time with it :)

I did.
I am in maps now, it takes 1minute to kill beach boss, super squishy.. nothing to like about this build atm.. am I doing something SO DRASTICLY wrong?? What??
I have ALL your recommended starter gear on, ZERO damage, zero life.
What am I missing here???

Wasp for main hand
Moonbender for offhand
Helmet with Innervate
Rings both with Elemental damage 35%
Amulet with crit multiplier
Belt with elemental damage
All other stuff just resists, some life.
I am resists capped except one which is 71%.
1500 life
4link reave and flurry

Thing is that as I read this build should easily leech life OVER my life when I kill mobs.. but the damage is so low it never happens.

I have done 2 labs to get the most important lifeleech node.

I mean.. at this point with random rares I was already in red maps with trapper, just facerolled everything. This cant even kill beach mobs or boss average time.

So tell me WHAT is missing for this build to work like you are stating??? I should do enough DPS to kill bosses in few shots.. but it takes like 100 shots. And thats just bloody first white map...
even blue packs take 10-20shots to kill...

I am playing reave/bf in CN server(not ele conversion tho).Just randomly see this thread, and check your char. The key problem is that you are missing life leech notes.
You have not got the claw leech notes/leech notes below duelist. That's why you cannot overleech. Your gear is enough to do yellow maps I think.

This guide is cool, you just need to think what you are doing wrong not crying.
"
wackygoose escribió:
"
Rufus66 escribió:
How do you get higher conversion?
Currently I have 79% with Winter spirit and the one before it (40%)
And 39% from my watchers eye.
Or is 80% the max at endgame?

There is also Taste of Hate

That's not conversion
"
Rufus66 escribió:
"
wackygoose escribió:
"
Rufus66 escribió:

There is also Taste of Hate

That's not conversion

it is very confusing, I tought "Gain (15-20)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect" had similar effect.

I read wiki know, seems like they are both conversion, but different kind of multipliers.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion
"
Guffinn escribió:
"
HDTanel escribió:
Spoiler
Alright finally made the switch, did 2 labs and grabbed the lifesteal node.
You can check my gear, 4link reave and blade flurry
Well being honest here it is absolute dog shit atm lol. I don´t know how you would league start with this really. ACT X bosses are pretty hard as DPS is so low to gain anything over the max so you wouldnt get oneshotted.

Kinda sad as this means you are 100000% dependent that somebody lists an item at the start of the league.. without that item you are not gonna have any fun at all.. and that is just if one item would be enough to atleast do white maps.

Will buy some cheap starter items you recommended when I wake up and see how much it changes the clearspeed. Atm trapper just facerolls over this.. Trapper I only needed random shaper gloves and easy crafted the trap support on it.. didnt even need that actually.. all random selffound rares took you easy to red maps. EASY.

Sooo.. yeahh, very dissapointed atm but.. will see how good it is by buying some very cheap unique items.

Dude, if you don't follow the Gear recommendations you're not following this Guide.
I stress multiple Times in the Guide that Rares are incredibly important for us, and I highlight the specific Uniques required for the Build pretty clearly. I also say that this is more expensive to gear than a Trapper in the "Cons" of the Build. What the fuck did you expect?

You legit have done nothing like shown in the Guide except the Tree. There is a guy a few posts up that played this as his second fucking character ever that did a far better Job than you, simply because he was capable of seeing what gear was required and buying that.
Other than that, this certainly works at a League Start because the Items are up, just like they are now. And a few pages back we have some reports from an SSF player that is having a good time as well.
Just because you are unwilling or incapable of following a Guide, don't trash talk a Build.

Get out of here.
Maybe this Build is not for you, and that is completely fine mate.

"
Asbestoxic escribió:
Thank you for the great help, did a couple of uber elders just fine, no deathless yet, but I think it's all just practice.

Still I think the shaper guardians are sometimes harder, but I have to roll some rippy mods to at least try and sustain guardian maps.

As for the ring, I was actually thinking of even 'downgrading' it for more resistance since I'm having trouble with ele weakness maps. I guess that's the price to pay for using Kaom's roots instead of life/res boots.

For anyone interested, i'm actually using conc. effect in my reave setup for delving and i'm doing ok at depths 300~. I'll definitely look towards the molten strike version after i'm done with grinding guardians.

Great to hear your success on Uber Elder, hope you had some good Loot :)

Like I said: Guardians can be the rippiest Bosses in the Game :P
Ele Weakness overcapping is unneccessary if you play while you're awake/not overly stressed or exhausted like some racers are and don't forget your Curse Flaks.

Hope you get at least some deathless Runs in, and I still really recommend going for a better Ring.
Let me know how it goes for you :)

"
lecujh escribió:
Thanks for a great guide. been awesome so far.

I would really appreciate if someone can have a look at my character and give some feedback what to improve/change etc.

Character: ShoplifterMcFlurry

Glad you liked it so far!

As for some recommendations:
You need to get at least 1 Socket Tombfists and a Murderous Eye in them for a free 10% more Damage Boost.
I'd also recommend upgrading the Abyss Jewel in your Belt to one with Life.
Your Rings and Amulet are okay, but can be easily upgraded. Just look around in the Trade Links and play a bit in PoB.
Most importantly maybe, transition to the Endgame Tree seeing that you got your Uber Lab and didn't do any of the respecs yet :P
After all of that, I would personally go for a conversion Watchers Eye and 2 Meeks. Or maybe a better Claw, since yours is okayish but incredibly slow. That will feel bad in all areas of Gameplay. I really recommend going for a faster one (with LGoH, good Crit etc. obviously).

Hope that gives you a point to start from, keep me updated on how it goes for you :)

One thing to note guys:
I am very happy about how many people enjoy this Build and have found success with it, and I also like helping out in general!

That said, I alway see people that simply don't fucking read the Guide or don't follow it at at all, that run into problems along the way and get fed up.
I know the Guide is long, but it covers about 90% of the Questions I get asked. If you want to play this Build, there is a Guide. Read it, do what it says, have success 99% of the time. I'm always down to see what can be improved in terms of Gear etc., but if I see you haven't been following the Guide at all in terms of Items (gear and Flasks) or the Tree, don't be surprised if I get pissed.

I put a lot of effort into this Guide to make it as thorough as it is, but still I see some people shitting all over it every League.
And btw, the Cons are there for a reason: this is tougher to Gear than a random Trapper, and it requires a very active playstyle. If that is not your Cup of tea, don't play it.

Thanks for thè input, so I should use the SC Tree (200% inc Life) when I have onbly 1 Meek jewel? I read that part several time but just got confused of all teh trees =P
"
lecujh escribió:

Thanks for thè input, so I should use the SC Tree (200% inc Life) when I have onbly 1 Meek jewel? I read that part several time but just got confused of all teh trees =P

Are you close or planning to get the 2nd meek soon? I think you will do better with either "2 Meek Tree (192% inc Life)" or "No Meek Tree (185% inc Life)".
they both are in the Non/2 Meek Trees spoiler section

the tree you mentioned is for when you have 2Meeks+Unnatural Instinct
Editado por útlima vez por wackygoose en 29 sept. 2018 12:02:22
"
it is very confusing, I tought "Gain (15-20)% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage during effect" had similar effect.

I read wiki know, seems like they are both conversion, but different kind of multipliers.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

toh isnt conversion is extra added dmg like the text on the flask already says
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
"
Guffinn escribió:

Spoiler
Yo mate, thank you very much for sharing your experience :)

Just a quick thing first: it is extremely impressive how much you understand about the Build and Game already. Every now and then I see more experienced players fail at reading etc., and struggle due to it.
Managing Uber Lab and pushing into red maps so early is very impressive :D

Also appreciate that you found the Levelling Tips etc. all helpful :)

As for the Questions:
You can drop the Mana Leech Node, yep.
Your Tree is completely fine, and grabbing Twin Terrors next, like you're already doing, is the corret thing.
Yes, you should go get Accuracy on 2 or 3 Pieces (usually Rings and Amulet). Same goes for the INT, max 2 pieces required usually tho.
On that topic: playing on Standard as a new Player is certainly a rare choice, but not really a bad one. Some Stuff costs more, some stuff costs less, but you can get everything you need. And in turn, you also make more money than during Leagues from mapping :P
As for rare Upgrades, if you got the gist of PoB, it mostly comes down to checking the Trade Links (and adapting them to your needs), importing some Items into PoB (lower left button on an item, then Ctr+V in PoB Item Screen) and checking how it works out for you in Terms of Life and DPS.
shown here

That said, I don't really know how Gear Progression for a fresh player works out in Standard. But from what I can see on the Trade Links, there are plenty of Budget Options available.

Hope that is enough of a reply for such an awesome post :D Don't have that much time rn.
But I'm thrilled to see where it goes for you!

All good, a bit of reassurance is good so I know I'm not doing anything totally wrong :)

I honestly just picked Standard because it sounded like the safest place to start, I will have to read up on leagues to see what I'd be getting into for those.

Anyway, I'm into some T14/15 maps now and the actual map clearing is easy as, even rare corrupted versions with elemental reflect are not a problem at all for me right now. My challenge is still affording/finding maps, but mostly I'm starting to find I have to actually learn about the bosses because some of them are just nasty. In particular I had a hard time with:

- Colosseum - the boss was a pain, till I worked out that it was just his sword clouds killing me (even WB through them was bad), the other attacks were fine, I got him in the end.
- Carcass - took me too many deaths to work out this fight, I had him to 25% then failed sadly, but this one I will be able to do next time (note that this was rare, corrupted and ele reflect.
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Nightmare Bind
Carcass Map
--------
Map Tier: 15
Item Quantity: +113% (augmented)
Item Rarity: +66% (augmented)
Monster Pack Size: +43% (augmented)
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
-10% maximum Player Resistances
Monsters have 100% increased Area of Effect
Monsters reflect 18% of Elemental Damage
Monsters Poison on Hit
Monsters deal 99% extra Damage as Fire
Monsters cannot be Taunted
Monsters cannot be slowed below base speed
Area is inhabited by Solaris fanatics
Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield
--------
Travel to this Map by using it in the Templar Laboratory or a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.
--------
Corrupted
- Dark Forest - rare and corrupted (unidentified) - I failed this hard, maybe took 20% off the boss, I just couldn't work out the right timing to take him down and he ripped me pretty fast when he caught me. I'll look for more videos, but if anyone has tips for this specific build it would be great :)

I have maps now for Hydra & Minotaur - but the Dark Forest encounter makes me think I should play more on the 14/15 maps before jumping in. I will look for detailed guides, but if you have any build specific tips (other than avoiding ele reflect & -resists) for this I'd love to hear them!
Editado por útlima vez por eaglecnt en 30 sept. 2018 4:15:10
"
manmilk1 escribió:
Ty for your advice, can you take another look at my build and see where I can improve atm..?

Np mate :)

I'd recommend to get a Helmet with Innervate/Hypo + Inc Aoe, feels smooth for mapping. Theres a Trade Link in the Gear Section, like 30c or so.
Your left Ring could be better, go through PoB and the Trade Links and see what you can get. Shouldn't cost much.
Same goes for the Amulet.
The Jewel in your Belt is great for DPS, but I'd recommend to grab one with Life on it.
Your Claw is okayish, but one with Crit would be significantly better.

Other than that, 2 Might of the Meeks will be a significant DPS and importantly Life Boost.

Hope that gives you a point to start from :)

"
Rufus66 escribió:

80% is max at Endgame. I have a FAQ thingy about other Conversion Items, they are all not worth it.

Small things for your Char:
since your Claw has these Links, it would make sense to put the Protector (or on Bosses Vaal AW) there. Doesn't hurt.
No reason to not go for a Stygian Vise with WED and a good Jewel at this point. There are plenty great options for cheap out there, check the Trade Links.
Left Ring could be better, but I guess you need it for the Res at this point?
The 2 Multi Nodes at the Scion Start are biiiiig for DPS with a 3 Meek Setuo. Go for it :P

"
lecujh escribió:

Glad I could help a bit :)

I mean, the Trees are pretty self explantory. If you have this: go for this, if not, for that.
If you only have 1 Meek, just go for the no Meek Tree and slot 1 Meek into the Jewel Socket at the Res Nodes.

"
eaglecnt escribió:

All good, a bit of reassurance is good so I know I'm not doing anything totally wrong :)

I honestly just picked Standard because it sounded like the safest place to start, I will have to read up on leagues to see what I'd be getting into for those.

Anyway, I'm into some T14/15 maps now and the actual map clearing is easy as, even rare corrupted versions with elemental reflect are not a problem at all for me right now. My challenge is still affording/finding maps, but mostly I'm starting to find I have to actually learn about the bosses because some of them are just nasty. In particular I had a hard time with:

- Colosseum - the boss was a pain, till I worked out that it was just his sword clouds killing me (even WB through them was bad), the other attacks were fine, I got him in the end.
- Carcass - took me too many deaths to work out this fight, I had him to 25% then failed sadly, but this one I will be able to do next time (note that this was rare, corrupted and ele reflect.
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Nightmare Bind
Carcass Map
--------
Map Tier: 15
Item Quantity: +113% (augmented)
Item Rarity: +66% (augmented)
Monster Pack Size: +43% (augmented)
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
-10% maximum Player Resistances
Monsters have 100% increased Area of Effect
Monsters reflect 18% of Elemental Damage
Monsters Poison on Hit
Monsters deal 99% extra Damage as Fire
Monsters cannot be Taunted
Monsters cannot be slowed below base speed
Area is inhabited by Solaris fanatics
Players cannot Regenerate Life, Mana or Energy Shield
--------
Travel to this Map by using it in the Templar Laboratory or a personal Map Device. Maps can only be used once.
--------
Corrupted
- Dark Forest - rare and corrupted (unidentified) - I failed this hard, maybe took 20% off the boss, I just couldn't work out the right timing to take him down and he ripped me pretty fast when he caught me. I'll look for more videos, but if anyone has tips for this specific build it would be great :)

I have maps now for Hydra & Minotaur - but the Dark Forest encounter makes me think I should play more on the 14/15 maps before jumping in. I will look for detailed guides, but if you have any build specific tips (other than avoiding ele reflect & -resists) for this I'd love to hear them!

Yo dude, that's a great pace you got so far :)
And Map Sustain is hard until you got your Atlas filled out, gets easier then.

Daresso (colosseum) can be a bitch, the Sword Clouds inherit the Map Mods.
Rigwald (Dark Forest) is the hardest Map Boss in the game (probably) except Vaal Temple. If you don't have the Damage to instagib him yet, you have to know his mechanics. There are some Videos and a Wiki entry for that I think. Bascially it's about getting Damage in, hiding behind stones when he does his black wolf cone thingy, and running away when he is in wolf form.

Other than that, take a look into the Endgame Gear - Bossing Section. Getting some of that will help you on Guardians if you make the swap before the Boss Fight.
And probably go for the Conversion Watchers Eye next, to go grab a Shaped Statstick with ~60%+ gained as extra and Crit Multi next.

Let me know how it goes for you :)
The build is awesome and I'm having a lot of fun .
Could you please help guide me and tell me what I should change/upgrade.
I currently have some problems with delves (2xx depth) and it seems like my leech is not very noticeable, I'm also planning on getting taste of hate soon.

Thanks

"
orann escribió:
The build is awesome and I'm having a lot of fun .
Could you please help guide me and tell me what I should change/upgrade.
I currently have some problems with delves (2xx depth) and it seems like my leech is not very noticeable, I'm also planning on getting taste of hate soon.

Thanks

Hey mate, glad you enjoy your time :)

Sadly your Characters are private, so I can't take a look at it.
If you want me to see what can be improved, change that in your privacy settings.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional