[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
yolothann escribió:
Sick guide dude!

I saw your comments on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2118578, some guy had a hard time surviving even tho he seem to have alot of life and leech. I am trying the same build as in the link and got the same problems as him. Do you think your build is safer and better to play for a ''noob'' like me? Or do i just have to get used to the playstyle for both of them to work?

Thanks in advance!

(link to the guy and your comment: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2118578/page/26)

That guide is SC trash,It does offer 0 protection and rely on not doing maps with mods.
I m 95 level and idea of getting killed just once is hours wasted.

I do not care if you can do shaper deathless,it is fight about positioning
What I care about is to not get instant killed in corrupted t16 map with 8mods like some paper newbie.

This guide is better in few things
1. Cold damage does actually reduce damage that you take quite a bit
2. Dodge even if just 40% does reduce damage you take from nasty packs

Now,for me to survive 99,99% time is not enought so i also got rid of assasin curse setup(instant killing t16 rares anyway)

After all this,you can still die but now It is about once per level to something really nasty

I also use
to stop the nastiest degen ingame.

I'm not OP but I would recommend this build much more than sword one,if only because of the 50hp on hit that is fantastic
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Hey guys, So i have been loving the build so far and i just killed Shaper with it ^^. Soon i will be looking for The uber elder fight, never done it before. I have saved up 13ex and was hoping for some advice on best upgrades for value in terms of damage now ^^.

My char is:
http://poe-profile.info/profile/sweptmano/A_New_Hope_

Many thanks in advance, its my first league so im super noob just been hard grinding the game pretty much blindly.
"
yolothann escribió:
Sick guide dude!

I saw your comments on https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2118578, some guy had a hard time surviving even tho he seem to have alot of life and leech. I am trying the same build as in the link and got the same problems as him. Do you think your build is safer and better to play for a ''noob'' like me? Or do i just have to get used to the playstyle for both of them to work?

Thanks in advance!

(link to the guy and your comment: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2118578/page/26)

Yo, thanks for the compliment :)
This Build is safer due to going full Acrobatics, the LGoH from Claws and reliable Freezing/Shattering. The Foil based phys Ascendant does only have Leech and its Healthpool as a defensive Layer (which can still be enough for all Content tbh), but this one has to offer a bit more. You're also gonna get more DPS going this way.
That said, you loose a bit of Life if you would go with the SC Tree of this Build, since the other one picks up a lot of flat Strength. Overall the Survivability will still be better tho since it's not that much, and you can still go for a more HC Tree and get the same Life and still slightly more DPS.
But respeccing to this Build will require quite a lot of Regret Orbs and a Normal Lab run to respec the Ascendancy. Also, you would need to buy a similar Claw to your Foil and a pseudo Link Helmet with Innervate/Hypo+Inc AoE probably.

It's your call whether you want to do that. Is it more noob friendly? Not sure, but my Guide is pretty in depth and kinda holds your Hand if you are willing to read through all of it. The playstyle and pace of mapping is something EVERYONE needs to learn tho.
The typical survivable noob Friendly Builds would probably Stuff like Sunder Gladiatiors or something like that.

"
Haasts escribió:
Spoiler
Managed to get 36/40 challenges under my own steam (so many Vaal Orbs & Possessed Foe prophecies used), but I think further progression to Shaper/Uber Elder is going to be gated by me finally getting around to upgrading my wheezing computer - deaths due to disconnects/freezes get a bit more frustrating at level 93, and this build really seems to squeeze a lot out of extra skill points (picking up a +30 Int node would give me so much more flexibility with neck/jewels/etc). Other than battling hardware, the build feels great, and thanks to the temple I've made a lot more currency this league than any other - holding off spending until I figure out if I'm going to push further when/if I upgrade the PC.
How does this build do in Hall of Grandmasters, btw? I speculatively levelled up a Block Chance Reduction support in an offhand, but the map (all the MTX?) causes as much lag as loading into Oriath.

Spoiler

Helm & the belt were the first times I've ever Exalt-slammed anything, and was thusly rewarded with T9 accuracy and the absolute minimum roll T8 armour :/

Gz on the 36 dude! Sucks about the Slams, but you win some you lose some :P

HoGM is the only piece of Content we can't farm decently IMO. A block Reduce Gem or maybe a Balefire can take care of that tho, it's just not super fast or safe.
Go with a Bladeflurry Setup with IncAoE and Block Reduce if you wanna try.

"
zavarech escribió:

found this boots for like 50c for int boots, also good life and movement speed
you can also find boots with additional chance to dodge attacks

im thinking about this jewel. Is it food enough? PoB says im not gonna get so much damage but chance to get frenzy charges along with blood rage gonna be huge i think

Ye, these new Boots are cool. Move Speed is pretty wasted tho, as we don't run around, we whirl around :P
But like I say in the Endgame Gear Mapping section, any Boots can be taken over Darkrays. Darkrays is just the fastest for Endgame, but it's a miniscule Boost.

Green Nightmare would give us 15% Attack Dodge Chance in the Jewel Socket at Sentinel if you pair it with 2 Might of the Meeks in the other 2 Sockets. That's cool, but you loose Life, Res and Damage by not going for a Might of the Meek or normal Jewel instead.
The Frenzy Generation has literally no Value. You get to full Frenzy Charges just from Bloodrage on the first Pack or first 2 Packs.

"
CAKE escribió:

Spoiler
That guide is SC trash,It does offer 0 protection and rely on not doing maps with mods.
I m 95 level and idea of getting killed just once is hours wasted.

I do not care if you can do shaper deathless,it is fight about positioning
What I care about is to not get instant killed in corrupted t16 map with 8mods like some paper newbie.

This guide is better in few things
1. Cold damage does actually reduce damage that you take quite a bit
2. Dodge even if just 40% does reduce damage you take from nasty packs

Now,for me to survive 99,99% time is not enought so i also got rid of assasin curse setup(instant killing t16 rares anyway)

After all this,you can still die but now It is about once per level to something really nasty

I also use
to stop the nastiest degen ingame.

I'm not OP but I would recommend this build much more than sword one,if only because of the 50hp on hit that is fantastic

Yes, I also think this Build is better defensively. Thanks for the kind words man :)

And ye, whenever I check your Character I see that you REALLY want to go safe :P Went for a huge HP Pool and that Rumi's. Personally I think that's a bit overkill, but everyone plays how they want to.

But why don't you just rely on your Bleed Flask for Corrupting Blood? I guess it's just that sometimes you can't react fast enough or something like that?
Personally I just roll Bleed Immunity on my Utility Flasks, that way I have basically 100% uptime while mapping.

"
SweptMano escribió:
Hey guys, So i have been loving the build so far and i just killed Shaper with it ^^. Soon i will be looking for The uber elder fight, never done it before. I have saved up 13ex and was hoping for some advice on best upgrades for value in terms of damage now ^^.

My char is:
http://poe-profile.info/profile/sweptmano/A_New_Hope_

Many thanks in advance, its my first league so im super noob just been hard grinding the game pretty much blindly.

Gz on the kill, and cool that you enjoy the Build :)

13Ex should give you plenty of room for Upgrades :P
You can get some better Abyss Jewels for your Gloves and Belt easily. Just check the Trade Links in the Endgame Section. Energy Shield is 100% wasted on this build.
You can go for a Stygian Vise with more Life and most importantly 30%+ Elemental Damage with Attacks easily. Again, there are Trade Links in the Gear Section.
Same goes for Rings, especially that Diamon should be easy to upgrade.
Do the same for the Claw, a 330+ 7% Crit one should go for 3EX or so I think. Again, Trade Links are in the Guide.
Quality your Gear! It costs virtually nothing but still adds a tiiiiny bit of defensives. No reason to not do it.
Drop that Quicksilver ASAP. This is not a running Build, we use Whirling Blades/Leap Slam for movement. You can choose a Stibnite/Basalt/Quartz Flask for more Survivability and roll some Immunity on it.

That said, build a Bossing gear Loadout like shown in the Guide and read my Uber Elder tips. You probably won't kill him first try, but with practice everyone can do it.

Good luck mate :)
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 25 jun. 2018 12:33:19
"
zeturka escribió:
is it viable to drop Herald of Ash\Ice to include impurity of ice? Does the impurity work well on elder\shaper?

my reasoning - we lose some DPS, yes, but don't we gain more by ignoring cold res? In case if it works on bosses of course

Sorry, first time I missed a question I think ):

For Uber Elder I recommend to drop HoA for Purity, since it adds a lot of Survivability against the many sources of Cold Damage.
The Vaal Impurity of Ice ONLY is a DPS increase if the enemy is not affected by Frostbomb. IF you have Frostbomb, it is a pretty big DPS loss.

Impurity of Ice means, his Cold Res is always considered 0 and can't be reduced further. Just with our Default Ele Penetration + Frostbomb we reduce Shaper/Uber Elders Cold Res into the Negative basically, which means having it at 0 instead is a DPS loss.

Hope that makes it understandable :)
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 25 jun. 2018 17:09:03
I don't know what is wrong with my hands or smth.
I had like 7k hp, pretty good gear etc.

But first my meeting with Chimera guardian was total disaster, I've spent all 6 portals even before phase 2, they just 1-shot me not matter what, leech doesn't help, evasion doesn't help, flasks don't help, they just rip me to death 6 times no matter what.
And it is still 50/50 if I can survive t15/t16 incursions.

I'm just totally depressed, seems that this build requires too many buttons and management what is going on and everything is just too fast, my HP is jumping around, I always need to jump outta fight, press all flasks, golem, blood rage etc. And still I die from any wrong move.

Damn, wtf, where is the build for guys who want to not give a fuck about buttons, mods, mechanics and such? Summoner was pretty close but even with max block — can't pass Uber Elder. RF was close but still he has low dps and dies. Totems all are glass cannons.

I'm comparing my items with most of the guys on ninja, it HAS to work, but I still suck.

EDIT: Thought it is Chimera problem, tried Phoenix. Died 5 times, killed him on 6th. Seriously, is this a boss killer build? I can't survive A SINGLE hit from boss. Wtf?
Editado por útlima vez por hwat en 28 jun. 2018 14:48:49
"
hwat escribió:
Spoiler

But first my meeting with Chimera guardian was total disaster, I've spent all 6 portals even before phase 2, they just 1-shot me not matter what, leech doesn't help, evasion doesn't help, flasks don't help, they just rip me to death 6 times no matter what.

I'm just totally depressed, seems that this build requires too many buttons and management what is going on and everything is just too fast, my HP is jumping around, I always need to jump outta fight, press all flasks, golem, blood rage etc. And still I die from any wrong move.

Damn, wtf, where is the build for guys who want to not give a fuck about buttons, mods, mechanics and such? Summoner was pretty close but even with max block — can't pass Uber Elder. RF was close but still he has low dps and dies. Totems all are glass cannons.

I'm comparing my items with most of the guys on ninja, it HAS to work, but I still suck.

EDIT: Thought it is Chimera problem, tried Phoenix. Died 5 times, killed him on 6th. Seriously, is this a boss killer build? I can't survive A SINGLE hit from boss. Wtf?

Yo, cool to hear back from you :)

This is not only a boss killer build, this is a kill everything build. It's one of the best bossers out there, but can also map super fast and reliably safe.
I, and quite some others, have proven that.

If you are struggling with that, I sadly dont really know what to tell you at this point. I can check your Gear and tree thoroughly when I'm at my PC, but I think you followed the Guide in depth and I helped you before already.
Edit: DROP THAT QUICKSILVER. How often do I have to say that, its worthless and you have way better defensive choices. I told you this and some other things repeatedly tho, at some point I get tired of it, sorry.
Your CWDT doesnt work, Immortal Call ist too high Level. Just follow the Guide for that, okay?
IIRC, you had exactly the same problems with the old build Guide you tried, and Dalykas couldnt Help you either.

I really want this to Work for you, but maybe its Just Not meant to be?
Just one last thing: there is nothing you can't dodge in Guardians that would one shot you with 7k HP (If you dont Ghost the Guardian or roll extremely rippy Mods :P).
You need to Dodge Burrows on Minotaur, the big explosion on Phoenix and maybe snakes in chimera.
Things that can kill you with very rippy Mods are: phoenix dash, hydra charge shot, chimera Blade Flurry Thing.
All of These have Telegraphed, Long Windups and can be Dodged easily. And even with some Damage Mods i Facetank Most of them anyways.

Sorry Mate, no Bad Blood but to me it looks like youve been doing Something wrong with melee builds for quite some time ):

Still, I really appreciate that you at least gave it a try! And sorry it didnt Work Out so far.
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 28 jun. 2018 18:45:58
Thanks, I think i'll go to try some more tanky builds with regen.
For whoever interested I'm selling all stuff, which is pretty good, 7k life, 2m shaper dps etc. It is just not for my level of playing )
"
hwat escribió:

I get like 6.5k with my Kaoms roots on and have sucessfully face tanked every guardian multiple times with only a few deaths because moving is for suckers. I have close to 4m Shaper DPS and have done uber elder deathless twice. (Uber elder requires dodging)

As long as you can avoid 1 shots, the soul of arakaali will proc when your IC does and you will heal to full almost instantly. The overleech is super useful.

The build is amazing for bosses, you must have something going wrong in your set up or your play style.

As for the build requiring too many buttons, I have to ask how?

You blood rage at the start of a map or a boss. You chuck down a totem and a frostbomb on bosses, but frostbomb I don't even bother with most of the time. Then you use your bladeflurry and whirl out of super dangerous stuff. The active gameplay is like 3 buttons at most, and most builds use a totem and a move skill, so in reality its no more buttons than most competent builds (besides something like rf).
Editado por útlima vez por bitbite11 en 29 jun. 2018 1:45:34
"
bitbite11 escribió:

I get like 6.5k with my Kaoms roots on and have sucessfully face tanked every guardian multiple times with only a few deaths because moving is for suckers. I have close to 4m Shaper DPS and have done uber elder deathless twice. (Uber elder requires dodging)

As long as you can avoid 1 shots, the soul of arakaali will proc when your IC does and you will heal to full almost instantly. The overleech is super useful.

The build is amazing for bosses, you must have something going wrong in your set up or your play style.

As for the build requiring too many buttons, I have to ask how?

You blood rage at the start of a map or a boss. You chuck down a totem and a frostbomb on bosses, but frostbomb I don't even bother with most of the time. Then you use your bladeflurry and whirl out of super dangerous stuff. The active gameplay is like 3 buttons at most, and most builds use a totem and a move skill, so in reality its no more buttons than most competent builds (besides something like rf).

Well, I realise that "I do something wrong", I just don't get what exactly.
I have more than enough stats for anything. As I said i've tried to facetank 3 guardians of 4, only hydra was smooth enough. While on Phoenix I needed to avoid his explosions (and I didn't), this I understand. On Chimera... that was total fail. I don't know why, I couldn't leech, coldn't move, boss just kills me with 2 shredding slams, pack of adds just killed me in 1 second, I don't know why.
Maybe I miss some mechanic of flurry, I still don't understand how to calculate its radius and when to release it. I mean, I press skill, it animates but in reality doesn't hit anything so I don't leech and die. To understand how it works i've tried to put increased area and farm with it, total fail too. Some freaking projectiles are animating from me but nothing happens and mobs just kill me.
I'm thinking about trying some other single target skill like double strike, any suggestions (and for links)?

After clearing 83 temple fast and deathless I decided to give it another chance. So i've respecced to full hardcore version with even more HP (6800+ now without kaoms). As I understand I don't need kaoms before uber elder, right? I mean, losing like 25 evade chance is too much for 300hp? Is there any good evasion or defensive boots? Maybe helmet?
Editado por útlima vez por hwat en 29 jun. 2018 3:01:32
"
hwat escribió:

Well, I realise that "I do something wrong", I just don't get what exactly.
I have more than enough stats for anything. As I said i've tried to facetank 3 guardians of 4, only hydra was smooth enough. While on Phoenix I needed to avoid his explosions (and I didn't), this I understand. On Chimera... that was total fail. I don't know why, I couldn't leech, coldn't move, boss just kills me with 2 shredding slams, pack of adds just killed me in 1 second, I don't know why.
Maybe I miss some mechanic of flurry, I still don't understand how to calculate its radius and when to release it. I mean, I press skill, it animates but in reality doesn't hit anything so I don't leech and die. To understand how it works i've tried to put increased area and farm with it, total fail too. Some freaking projectiles are animating from me but nothing happens and mobs just kill me.
I'm thinking about trying some other single target skill like double strike, any suggestions (and for links)?

After clearing 83 temple fast and deathless I decided to give it another chance. So i've respecced to full hardcore version with even more HP (6800+ now without kaoms). As I understand I don't need kaoms before uber elder, right? I mean, losing like 25 evade chance is too much for 300hp? Is there any good evasion or defensive boots? Maybe helmet?

Sounds like you may be overestimating the range of BF. While yes it is not a true melee skill, the radius is not that large. The green lines flying off you happens regardless if enemies are in range or not, that's just the animation.

The thing to look for is actually not around you, but around the enemies. There will be green lines flying around them as well as some black and green clones that periodically fly through. It may be hard to notice on mobs as packs tend to just explode because of HoI.

As a general rule I just stand close to melee range, especially for bosses. You can see the green stuff going on around them, then when you see the green circle appear above your head, you release and re stack.

I personally don't use kaoms roots for guardians besides phoenix. The little birds can all hit you and stun you a lot so it's just nicer to have, besides that I just stick to Bubonic Trail.

As for other melee skills. I can say that Double Strike is amazing for all content up to Uber Elder. But it fell short during the Uber Elder fight. Mainly because you cannot charge up the Vaal version fast enough to have a large impact in the fight, ultimately leading you to have underwhelming DPS for that fight.

That's the only other build I have done uber elder with so I can't speak for others.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional