[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

"
xqball escribió:
build is really starting to come together have not died in the last 8 levels. I like innervate on helm better than hypothermia. planned on having a 6link by now but got greedy with some vaals and corruptions and lost 10ex but oh well few more days. my plans are 6link belly > upgrade claw > upgrade to statstick + watchers eye. jewelry is not great but good enough to carry me through whatever content as long as I make the previous upgrades.

If im doing something stupid or not optimal please let me know I tend to overlook things.

Curious, why do you like Innervate more than Hypothermia? What are pros and cons having one versus the other anyway?
Editado por útlima vez por SolloPoE en 9 jun. 2018 5:45:13
"

Also, going for 3 Might of the Meek, as someone pointed out, in the Scion Area seems the way to go. 59% Crit Multi, 23% Life and a bunch of Attack speed, 7 more Allres than before, as well as 12 Int. Pretty hard to beat even with extremely sick Jewels. Same Damage but more Life than the current tree. We lose a bit of INT tho.
I will update the Guide accordingly when I myslef get to that point.

Looking forward to that update, going for uber lab soon and rebuilding my skill tree...
I have a good guess where 2 jewels go, but no idea about the third.
Editado por útlima vez por Neveroyatnii en 28 oct. 2020 20:56:12
"
"
xqball escribió:
build is really starting to come together have not died in the last 8 levels. I like innervate on helm better than hypothermia. planned on having a 6link by now but got greedy with some vaals and corruptions and lost 10ex but oh well few more days. my plans are 6link belly > upgrade claw > upgrade to statstick + watchers eye. jewelry is not great but good enough to carry me through whatever content as long as I make the previous upgrades.

If im doing something stupid or not optimal please let me know I tend to overlook things.

Curious, why do you like Innervate more than Hypothermia? What are pros and cons having one versus the other anyway?

innervate just seems to kill things faster not to mention shocking tough rares in incursions and temples seems to make them go down much easier. the extra freeze from hypothermia made things super safe though so a tradeoff I guess.
"
Strudelnoodle escribió:
Out of curiosity why heralds + curse + curse on hit? I'm going warlord's mark because I'm bad and get gobsmacked easily. I've been playing with blasphemy+warlords, and have been getting better immediate leech. Is this a viable alternative?

EDIT: After finally buying the touch of anguish I THINK I understand why we go heralds. The +1 chain of Touch affects the heralds/warlords right? Thus exponentially boosting crowd clear?

You don't need any other sources of Leech than the Tree and your Gear/Gems provide for this Build. Warlords mark is wasted.
Is it viable? I mean, to you maybe yes. Play however you want. It's still unnecessary.

No, Heralds don't Chain with ToA. We take Heralds because HoI is an extremely substantial Clear Speed Boost, both through the added Crit from the Power Charges and the extremely useful Explosions.
HoA is a really big Singletarget Increase on Endgame Bosses.
ToA and Wasp Nest are just recommended Uniques because they offer a solid starting amount of PDPS for a low price point.

That said, your Gear is all over the Place. You simply CANT use a Taproot. It does NOT work as a Statstick, as it is a dagger and BF as well as Reave attack with it as well. You significantly gimp your Damage like that.
Drop the taproot, get a Moonbender's Wing and Thunderfists or a Shaped Helmet for your Reave. Just try to follow the guide and you will have better results. Don't use a Quicksilver Flask and don't use a Mana Flask, you have Mana Leech from Soul Raker and should move around with Whirling Blades or Leap Slam, which I both can't see on your Gear.

No Offense or anything meant btw, just trying to help out :P I just woke up, so I might come off as grumpy, that's not intended.

"
zeturka escribió:
hi

this is my first melee\phys build and I really enjoy it.
THough I have a question - how do you shatter with herald of ice with this setup? It procs very rare when I use it, though my gear mostly sucks, so I tend to use HoA for now.

Just recently stopped using reave as a main clear skill and transitioned to BF, using Vaal Reave only for incursions mostly to heal up quickly (hate vaal constructs there with all my heart).

Great that you give it a try as one of your first builds of this kind :)

It depends on your Crit Chance whether or not you will see explosions/shatters. Your Claw has really low Chance by default, so you will see it less.
For now, pick up Heartseeker and see if it gets better. If that doesnt get you there, you can try picking up Twin Terrors instead of Fangs of Frost. It will smoothen out your crit tremendously, at a slight DPS loss compared to FoF. I didn't need the Crit to shatter reliably on my Characters, so I didn't go for it.
Also, something which I actually will add into the Guide, if you are just map farming for extended periods of time you can try the following:
Vaal Reave in a 6l in your Belly with EDwA, Multistrike, DoFL, Inc Aoe, Inc Crit Strikes while socketing Blade Flurry into your pseudo link. BF has enough DPS to down Map Bosses and tough rares etc. in a 5l easily, just like Reave can clear everything on a 5l, but this way Reave will have very reliable Shatters while even Offscreening at 8 Stages. No Colour Changes required.

Also, some quick things for your gear: A Moonbender's right now probably still beats your Statstick, i'm 80% sure. Check it out in PoB, but that Axe really isn't good.
Try to transition away from Thunderfists to a shaped Innervate Helmet, because that frees up the Gloves for Tombfist which will offer a lot of Life and TONS of damage through Intimidate.

"
Neveroyatnii escribió:
Ty for advice. My 6l luck was bad so i bought a 6l belly and snatched this claw for 3ex:

Easily carried t12 elder with that thing :D

Cool to see it's going well :)

"
Why do you like Innervate more than Hypothermia? What are pros and cons having one versus the other anyway?

Hypothermia against already Chilled Enemies is way stronger than Innervate, even with the Innervate Buff active.
That said, you first have to Chill them to get that advantage, so your first Hit is gonna be a wet noodle and your next ones way stronger. It's great for clearing extremely tanky packs, but it just seems like you get more reliable one shots on packs with Innervate.
I don't think Hypo calculates it's damage knowing that your first Hit will Chill, so it doesnt already buff that Hits damage. At least from my Observation, didn't find anything on that on the Wiki.

Small Update on me: Still had 0 time to play ):
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 9 jun. 2018 16:38:47
Upgraded to a 350pdps claw and statstick for a 120k dps increase and switched over to the might of the meek tree and the build feels amazing. 6100 hp and 1mil BF dmg 400k reave dmg everything melts, well except those incursion and temple rares haha those damn things are tough im trying to keep my temples ILVL 80 for now because they take forever at 82 or 83.
"
xqball escribió:
Upgraded to a 350pdps claw and statstick for a 120k dps increase and switched over to the might of the meek tree and the build feels amazing. 6100 hp and 1mil BF dmg 400k reave dmg everything melts, well except those incursion and temple rares haha those damn things are tough im trying to keep my temples ILVL 80 for now because they take forever at 82 or 83.

Twin Terrors is better than Fencing. Also, the 4 Points of Fencing you could Invest into 2 Frenzy Charges which is exactly the same Damage but will make mapping faster through more Attack Speed. Also gives you a tiny bit defensives via 4% Inc Evasion per Frenzy Charge.

Don't go the left way on the upper left Might of the Meek. Go for Int/Mana IMO. The Life Regen is worthless to us anyways, so it's a toss up between the first two nodes when deciding where to go. The other Node gives us 12 INT, which will make gearing a bit easier and negates the lower INT from the Might of the Meek tree.
what about hrimsorrow? The convert 50% physical to cold with winter spirit it's pure 90% physical to cold dmg
and i can do statstick with "gain physical dmg as extra elemetnal damage" it will be good idea?
"
negnal escribió:
what about hrimsorrow? The convert 50% physical to cold with winter spirit it's pure 90% physical to cold dmg
and i can do statstick with "gain physical dmg as extra elemetnal damage" it will be good idea?

No. This was talked about in this thread a couple of times already. Tombfist are just too strong.
"
"
negnal escribió:

No. This was talked about in this thread a couple of times already. Tombfist are just too strong.

but before we get watcher eye with damage conversion from hatred it's still bad idea?
Editado por útlima vez por negnal en 9 jun. 2018 18:53:19

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional