[3.5] Guffin's McSundae Strike | All Bosses Down | Fast and Safe Mapping | Skillchoices

Build update: it's now dead with 3.5 :( feels bad man
rip for my plans playing this build.
"
Sidefx06 escribió:
Build update: it's now dead with 3.5 :( feels bad man

No, it's not dead. Read the Thread please :)

The Molten Strike and Spec Throw Versions never used a Statstick, and Molten Strike already had slightly higher Singletarget than BF.

It obviously depends on how/if they nerf MS, which we'll see later today. The Markov generated Patch Notes would sugfgest a nerf to the helm enchant, which wouldnt be too bad.
Spectral Throw remains unchanged most likely.

Gotta wait for the Notes.

"
NaneLz escribió:
rip for my plans playing this build.

Read what I said above.

"
Rossko escribió:
Well you say „reave dmg will be worse „ with the MS variant.
HOW much worse? Ofc probably not noticeable with great items but how bad is it at the start?
Furthermore I am afraid that lyconsidae prices will probably skyrocket again. Probably 90% of the melee build will use it again instead of stat sticks and shouldn’t it work great for coc?

Bout 60% as good as before for me.

And yes, Lyco will go up in price. Which is obvious: the Melee Attack Meta is experiencing a big shift right now. And if Lyco turns out the #1 choice, it will have #1 prices.
That said, the price of a Lyco is capped by Ancient Orb Prices due to the ancient orb trick being able to mass produce lycos.

"
WarriorGuts escribió:
Appreciate the timely reply! I'm not super familiar with the forums so I appreciate you reiterating for my benefit.

I haven't gotten to try the build yet but I was really set on league starting with it, something about it is just very appealing to me.

I did see people speculating from the Markov Chain text generator patch notes that Molten Strike could be getting a nerf so hopefully that's not the case but guess we will just have to wait a see.

From my less experienced and less knowledgeable view point it feels like melee is getting hit hard, even more so if Molten Strike gets nerfed.

If Moltenstrike should get truly destroyed, Spectral Throw remains viable. And it's even clear and singletarget in one skill, which is kinda cool :D

"
eaglecnt escribió:
Wow, didn’t expect such a massive change to stat sticks, but to be fair it felt like we were gaming the system by dual wielding but not actually dual wielding...

Can’t imagine that Molten strike will escape attention easily in 3.5, but if it’s still viable it will be nice to be able to level with the same skill we use in the end, wildfire gems turn levelling into easy mode and helmet enchants and dying sun make it OP af in late game.

Tomorrow will reveal all... I’m frothing :-)

Statsticking needed a Nerf for sure, even before shaped Weapons came out dual wielding with a stat stick was superior to all other Melee Choices. And shaped statsticks then drove that to the extreme.

That said, the concept of statsticking is an interesting and fun one. They admit that themselves. Sad to see that it is completely and utterly gone, I would've loved for it to get nerfed strongly but remain as a concept.

Molten Strike will likely get nerfed, but I expect it to remain fine if Ele Hit is anything to go by.
And there are other alternatives etc.

"
svengetspumped escribió:

This is currency accumulated from incursion league. Had a blast but where would you upgrade next if I wanted to dump some standard currency into him before the 3.5 nerfs gut him?

That's some of the nuttiest Gear I've seen in a while mate :D

If you got mad currency you can get a slightly better Stygian Vise. Delve introduced new mods like %Ele damage on top of WED.

Perfect Legacy Flasks are also a choice to consider.

The Amulet seems a bit weak compared to the rest, I'm pretty sure there are good "non chaos as extra chaos" ones with phys/multi/wed/accuracy.
The official Trade Website is currently down, and the API seems slow, and Poe.Trade crashes my Browser. So I can't look for alternatives right now, sorry.

21/20 Conc Effeect should be cheap to get.

Other than that, you can always dump the Items in a trade window with me :P

Glad you enjoyed the Build so much, hopefully you can still do that in one form or another after the patch :)

Yo guys, we know nothing about the real Patch Notes yet.

Yes, Statsticks will cease to work for Melee.
But like I said 10 times now, the Molten Strike Variant (using a Lycosidae) was already very slightly stronger than the current/old stat stickable BF.
Molten Strike will most likely get nerfed as well, but if Ele Hit is anything to go by it will be fine.
If not: Spectral Throw becomes an A tier choice, and BF still remains.

Overall Damage Numbers seem to go down, which is a good thing I'd say for the game.
We're in what appears to be another bigger metashift, tho it's infuriating to see that GC and BV seem to remain untouched for now.
That said, we know nothing final about the Patch Notes yet. Chill out till tomorrow, where I'll do some Updates to the Guide after having read the Notes etc.
I was planning to run this build in 3.5 (reave version, MS is not interesting to me) but man this announcement is disappointing. I hope the patch notes include substantial buffs to melee in other forms, or else that GGG backpedals on the changes.

Even leveling is going to be awful now. When I tried leveling this in Delve my DPS was abysmal until I bought a The Princess to wield in the offhand, which literally doubled my DPS. Now I don't know any such tricks to smooth over the Scion leveling process.
I absolutely love Reave and was planning to start with it again, but this statstick change broke my heart.
"
Tohajiilee escribió:
I was planning to run this build in 3.5 (reave version, MS is not interesting to me) but man this announcement is disappointing. I hope the patch notes include substantial buffs to melee in other forms, or else that GGG backpedals on the changes.

Even leveling is going to be awful now. When I tried leveling this in Delve my DPS was abysmal until I bought a The Princess to wield in the offhand, which literally doubled my DPS. Now I don't know any such tricks to smooth over the Scion leveling process.

Ty for the interest in the build :)

Yeah, levelling is gonna get a Bit more rough. Gonna see If I can recommend something different later.

In the meantime: wait for Patchnotes. They for Sure wont revert the Statstick Nerf anytime soon I'd guess tho.

But Like I said 20 Times now: Molten Strike and spectral throw are the Same as ever. MS will get a slight nerf, probably in the Helm enchant or other proj Count Department, but still be fine.

So wait till tomorrow, when I'll do some adjustments to the build.

"
monoriee escribió:
I absolutely love Reave and was planning to start with it again, but this statstick change broke my heart.

You can still Play Molten Strike + Reave If you want to. Probably.

Wait for the Patchnotes :)

Please Guys, chill for one more day Till I know whats going on EXACTLY.

I'll say it again: Molten Strike should be fine, even with slight nerfs.
If not, spectral throw. Or Just BF with a Lycosidae.
Or maybe that one spicy Idea I have in the Back of my head but cant Test right now.

Again, lets all wait for the Patchnotes :)
Guffin, let us play this build BF version once again, damn it... Can`t wait for tomorrow just to see am I able to play BF version or no. Why they have to nerf everything they introduce, skills, vaal pact, items, stat sticks now. I don`t like it. Just waiting for tomorrow.
Gold is most liberating of metals.
Thank you for the great build and guide to with it.
Got upto 280kdps on tooltip. This question has probably been asked before but 100 pages is a lot too search through. Would 2x the taming rings be worth using as opposed to steel rings with increased elemental attack damage.
"
kakarotto225 escribió:
Guffin, let us play this build BF version once again, damn it... Can`t wait for tomorrow just to see am I able to play BF version or no. Why they have to nerf everything they introduce, skills, vaal pact, items, stat sticks now. I don`t like it. Just waiting for tomorrow.

Like you said, we gotta wait for the Patch Notes. Who knows what they Bring.

That said, bar any further nerfs, BF still is one of the strongest melee Attacks. Yes, it (and VDS) got Hit hardest among its competitiors, and If the Molten Strike nerfs arent substantial MS will pull far ahead.

But still BF IS a mechanically very strong Skill, and will remain totally viable. Albeit a Bit less obscene.

That said: who knows whats gonna Change :D

"
Thank you for the great build and guide to with it.
Got upto 280kdps on tooltip. This question has probably been asked before but 100 pages is a lot too search through. Would 2x the taming rings be worth using as opposed to steel rings with increased elemental attack damage.

Thanks for the Kind words, and cool to hear you are having fun with the Build :)

The taming is very Strong offensively, yes. That said Rares can reach that Level of Power more or less easily as well, while also offering Life. The 120+ flat Life we get from 2 decent Rares is substantial. Losing that will not only leave a dent in your HP pool, but also make your Leech weaker as it scales off of Out max Life amount. That would be quite the big survivability loss.

I dont recommend going for 2, maybe 1 is fine. Feel free to Test it out and Tell us how it went, but I'll probably Always recommend 2 Rares :)
Editado por útlima vez por Guffinn en 4 dic. 2018 8:22:40
I have to say I strongly admire your dedication to responding to almost every post in this thread for over 100 pages. You are a first-class build guide :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional