[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Viva_Muerte escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

P.S. oh and the whole RF part... I hope you aren't serious about that, and it's just a leftover from some other build. I dropped it completely of course.

Why not? If we can sustain RF with this new helmet, why should i drop it? Thats some nice damage boost to Icestorm and also combined well with SR.

Can you sustain it without flasks? Your PoB has the ruby flask perma up. That's not going to happen while tanking bosses. Also, with RF active, all that regen will be used just to counter it, leaving you with just the 20% leech to survive the boss (the jewel won't help much against a boss). I doubt that all that trouble will be worth gaining 39% DPS.

Without RF it seems like a viable option. So far I don't see how it can be better than CI though (comparable amount of primary resource with higher damage, chaos immunity, all-mod-viable and automatic ES recharge). But maybe with some work...
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 22 may. 2018 16:51:55
"
Keyen escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
The idea seems viable, although you went for too little Int and too much regen, and forgot to take any duration nodes.

You are not taking duration nodes either (which is a huge mistake), it's a bit strange to underline that.

Huh? Did you miss Exceptional Performance?
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Keyen escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
The idea seems viable, although you went for too little Int and too much regen, and forgot to take any duration nodes.

You are not taking duration nodes either (which is a huge mistake), it's a bit strange to underline that.

No, but you did miss Potency of Will (~+30% more dps)
Editado por útlima vez por Keyen en 22 may. 2018 16:59:44
"
Keyen escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Keyen escribió:

No, but you did miss Potency of Will (~+30% more dps)

It's additive, not multiplicative. One duration cluster is enough, the second one won't contribute that much. There are pretty much no bosses that are willing to stand still for longer than 5 sec, and all trash is long dead by then. So the benefit of the 2nd cluster would be mostly wasted.
when should i respec from life to es?
Editado por útlima vez por pisoj1000 en 23 may. 2018 5:04:16
"
pisoj1000 escribió:
when should i respec from life to es?

nvm, found my answer :D
Im trying to use animated guardian with this build now
any1 try or know 1-2 thing about it?
I just bought some item like bloodbond, soulbound, victario flight, ler cast and dying breath.
Walk in a t15 map to summon it and first pack kill it after 5-10s while I was looking at my inventory, LOL
the point is I didnt know if it viable or not since there is an invation boss cast flameblast, shock ground, poison mod on map.
my gem is 17/16%
Editado por útlima vez por pharaoh000 en 23 may. 2018 7:53:41
"
pharaoh000 escribió:
Im trying to use animated guardian with this build now
any1 try or know 1-2 thing about it?
I just bought some item like bloodbond, soulbound, victario flight, ler cast and dying breath.
Walk in a t15 map to summon it and first pack kill it after 5-10s while I was looking at my inventory, LOL
the point is I didnt know if it viable or not since there is an invation boss cast flameblast, shock ground, poison mod on map.
my gem is 17/16%

Animated Guardian??? This is not a summoner build. AG is used only as a support for minions (equipping things like Leer Cast, etc). This build has nothing for minions.
Hi OP thank you for staying active and supporting this thread all this time.
I was wondering if you know if this build will be affected at all by 3.3 changes. Also do you have an opinion as to its potential map clearing speed and if you have any videos of map clears and what map layouts are goood for speedy clearing on this build. (Also what mods one could make to adjust to a map clearing build ie would increased aoe instead of conc effect be viable etc ) thank you!
"
rozakk escribió:
Hi OP thank you for staying active and supporting this thread all this time.
I was wondering if you know if this build will be affected at all by 3.3 changes. Also do you have an opinion as to its potential map clearing speed and if you have any videos of map clears and what map layouts are goood for speedy clearing on this build. (Also what mods one could make to adjust to a map clearing build ie would increased aoe instead of conc effect be viable etc ) thank you!

So far nothing announced for 3.3 affects this build (the main version). Bestiary becoming legacy will remove the Fenumus option. The new unique helmet that scales Life from Int may enable a new Life-based version. But nothing changes for the main CI setup so far.

This is not a high clear speed build. It can clear any maps with any mods decently fast - that's one of its main strong points. You don't have to stay in mid-tier maps or pick easy mods on high tier ones. When you play this build you can fill your Atlas and sustain (and grow) your red map pool by always mapping with very high pack size and IIQ. You clear low and high tier maps at the same speed (as long as you are geared for them).

But there is a 'speed limit' - you have to stop for at least 0.35 sec to cast each Icestorm. This build can't use Shield Charge or Whirling Blades either. Therefore, it's not good for speed-clearing of easy maps for max xp per hour.

While not super fast, this build has enough clear speed to do Chayula's Domain, and I'm pretty confident that it will have no problems with the timed Incursions in 3.3.

Clear speed with this build is achieved by using 30% ms boots, high speed Quicksilver flasks and swapping Elemental Focus or Conc Effect for Spell Cascade (it's much better than Inc AoE). Good layouts are any maps that don't have narrow winding passages.

I should probably make a clear speed demo video of something T16, since this question keeps popping up.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 23 may. 2018 18:34:53

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional