[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Two questions:

1. Why does the build guide suggest to use a fertile mind below scion's start? That one between Duelist and Scion reaches all dex nodes already (they don't double, do they?)

2. Would it not be efficient to put a fertile mind in the socket next to avatar of fire and take that +30DEX on Agility?

My variant:
Since I got angry about dying because of that spikeshot-on-death-things-packs I modified it to be ES/EV based
- Shaper's touch synergize great with that amount of INT - no need to take EV-passives. Also astramentis alone give you 20% incr. ES with Shaper's.
- The vertex gives your auras +1 lvl
- To make up for missing INT (damagewise) on those ES/EV-uniques I use OoS-CoH-Flammability - great stuff!

If it get's squishy later on I'll maybe go dual curse to add Enfeeble on a 5L-Chest.

Thanks for the build! Had a hard time leveling it but since mid lvl 70s it feels really good :)
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
Editado por útlima vez por King_of_Limbs en 25 mar. 2018 9:56:40
"
Ratedetar escribió:

I can understand why you switched your lesser patheon for elder, but why Soul of Yugul ? Aren't we already immune to reflected elemental damage or did you take it for the reduced cold damage ?

It's just for the reduced cold damage after being hit recently.

"
King_of_Limbs escribió:
Two questions:

1. Why does the build guide suggest to use a fertile mind below scion's start? That one between Duelist and Scion reaches all dex nodes already (they don't double, do they?)

2. Would it not be efficient to put a fertile mind in the socket next to avatar of fire and take that +30DEX on Agility?

1. They do double.

2. Yes, that's a cheap option for the jewel slot next to Avatar of Fire and the one next to Eldrith Battery. They're a bit better than most 3 stat jewels. They can even replace 4 stat jewels if you can get T1 % increased attributes on your amulet and body armour.

Editado por útlima vez por Scarletsword en 25 mar. 2018 10:23:19
"
Scarletsword escribió:

1. They do double.

Uh! I didn't know. Thanks!
I came here to drink milk and kick ass...and I've just finished my milk.
Hey, thank you for this great build, I just have one question

Why are we using orb of storm ? As we can proc Arcane Surge with Flame Dash, we can drop it to Faster Casting or Vaal Discipline?
Just wanted to note that I have been able to sell a few things and it does add up fast. I have been able to buy better gear (6.7K ES, 3K dmg/hit in PoB). This makes everything much smoother. I have just finished T6 maps without a hitch and have a yellow elder on my atlas. I hope I can get a cyclopean belt with a nice roll!

Thanks for the guide and for the help! Very nice guide, and very nice thread!
How does this build deal with stun without chayula or unwavering?
"
lurker14ownz escribió:
How does this build deal with stun without chayula or unwavering?

Soul of the Brine King from pantheons works fine for me. Those few stuns now and then aint really a problem.
"
TheZurkon escribió:

Why are we using orb of storm ? As we can proc Arcane Surge with Flame Dash, we can drop it to Faster Casting or Vaal Discipline?

Orb of Storms has a very good chance of getting a critical hit. Elemental Overload is a huge 40% MORE damage boost and damned nice to have, but without OoS, it's not a very reliable keystone with this build having almost no crit chance enhancement.

Linked to Arcane Surge, even if it doesn't get a crit, OoS does give you the Arcane Surge bonus, and on top of that, it gives that bonus without moving (which cancels your Tukohama and Arctic Armor defense bonus).

IMHO, of all Kelvyn's gem choices, the only one that really is not ruthlessly optimized (and therefore a bit optional) is Ancestral Call linked to Vigilant Strike, VS unlinked is solid all by itself, so that frees up one socket if you need it, and there's one other spare if you have a 6 socket but not 5-link chest (Blind).
Hey all,

What changes would y'all consider for a HC environment

been eyeing the Slayer node as it might shore up survivability in between packs (noticed the biggest vulnerability is when first engaging a pack...getting stunned or one shot before the Ice starts coming down)

Though it looks juicy, I couldn't imagine giving up the juice int nodes under the Witch Templar ascendancies or the benefits of:

Elementalist - No Reflect
Inquisitor - Consecrated Ground Buffs (especially huge for CI)

Thoughts are much appreciated!
"
TheZurkon escribió:

Try to use flame dash on boss fights...

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional