[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Looks like with Etheral Feast node and Divine Ire skill we can throw some changes into the build and switch it up a bit. Looking forward to playing this again this league

Etheral Feast:
0.6% of spell damage leached as Energy Shield
+3% of maximum Energy Shield to maximum total recovery per seconds from energy shield leech
+6% attack and cast speed while leeching energy shield
"
The Whispering Ice's Icestorm skill now deals 25% more damage than expected.

Ummmm @(#*&%Y%@!...... This is in the "What Happens When You Let An Algorithm Write the Synthesis Patch Notes." Could be serious! BRACE YOURSELVES... Whispering Ice buffs are coming.
"
The Whispering Ice's Icestorm skill now has a 0.75 second cast time and a 6% chance to critically strike.

Pretty much the change we saw coming
Scorching Ray
Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 11 (was 10).
Now deals 13 base Fire damage per second at gem level 1 (up from 8.2) and 488.2 base Fire damage per second at gem level 20 (up from 388.3).
No longer lowers enemy resistance with a stacking debuff.
Now applies Fire Exposure at maximum stacks.

What does this mean for the build ?
Whispering ice got buffed i guess?
"
Chris37599 escribió:
"
Hi, maybe it was already answered, but I could not find it here so my question is why combo of Concentrated Effect Support + Spell Cascade Support is preferred over Elemental Focus Support + Spell Cascade Support? Is 4% more dmg really better than 30% area of effect? Or did I miss something? Thanks!

My understanding is that, for icestorm and firestorm specifically, increasing the area of effect of it will increase the area that each individual ice/fire bolt hits, but your bolts end up being spread over a larger area. This means that increasing area of effect does less overall damage to a given target (as each individual bolt is less likely to hit the target), but the skill deals its damage over a wider area. The same applies in reverse: Reducing area of effect of it makes your bolts more concentrated, increasing the likelihood that an individual bolt will hit the target, but each bolt hits a smaller area.

Thanks, makes sense!
I love this build and plan to start synthesis with it.

Does the Skill tree change a lot, since you dont need vaal pact anymore?
Editado por útlima vez por Freljorix en 7 mar. 2019 8:44:15
"
Freljorix escribió:

Sorry wut? VP is still essential for this build.
"
Windgaming escribió:
"
Freljorix escribió:

Sorry wut? VP is still essential for this build.

This is absolutely not correct.
You do not get Vaal Pact on this build anymore. You supplement that lack with some combination of the new ES Leech nodes on the passive tree.

"
Mark_GGG escribió:

Previously, PoE had no ES leech, but Ghost Reaver applied life leech to ES (in a specific way). That is no longer the case.

In 3.6.0, ES leech exists distinct from life leech, and is it's own thing. Ghost Reaver now works by making any effect that would give you life leech give you ES leech instead. Because this is ES Leech and not Life Leech, no modifiers that apply to Life Leech will affect it. Only modifiers to ES leech will affect it.

Vaal Pact only affects life leech, and thus has no interaction with ES leech.

The unique Soul Tether has a different mechanic, which is also changed. It lets you leech life, but while you're on full life, your life leech effects are not removed from you, and those life leech effects will recover energy shield rather than life. They are still life leech effects, not ES leech, and thus are scaled based on life, and affected by life leech modfiiers, not ES leech modifiers. This is so that item can continue to fulfill it's role of letting hybrid ES/life builds use life leech to recover both statuses.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/axcd00/how_do_you_calculate_the_cap_for_es_leech_with/eht7xpe/?context=3
Looks like Jewel radius on the tree was nerfed too.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional