[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Iangyratu escribió:
I was thinking about trying the Occultist version, but I have one concern: how 'pc-killing' is Icestorm nowadays?

Icestorm is as it ever was, same amount of PC-killing as before unfortunately.

In other news Scorched is useles for us.
up to 20% less res based on the fire damage of thehit
We don't do big single hits but a myriad of tiny hits, so we get maybe 5% if we are lucky, not 20.
Editado por útlima vez por HHLupus en 7 dic. 2018 1:50:01
"
Iangyratu escribió:
I was thinking about trying the Occultist version, but I have one concern: how 'pc-killing' is Icestorm nowadays? I played two or three different versions of this build and while I always loved it, last version I experienced was pretty spammy (Bestiary, I think). After playing PP VD I'd like to try something people won't hate me for.

As "pc-killing" as it was, most of the timme issues reveal itself with the spell cascade addition.

Depending on how winter orb present itself, there is a chance that we won't need cpell cascade anymore, and consequently ice-storm gamplay will be less "pc-killing" :)
I'm sorry if it was asked before, I have a question for veteran players:

Why in the ascendancy we go for Path of the Templar to obtain '14% increased damage' in templar starter instead of Path of the Witch and get '16% increased spell damage' in witch starter?

Is there a particular reason why x% increased damage is better for this build than x% increased spell damage?

Edit: Thanks everyone for the responses!

Editado por útlima vez por GeronimoBumBum en 7 dic. 2018 3:40:18
"
GeronimoBumBum escribió:

Why in the ascendancy we go for Path of the Templar to obtain '14% increased damage' in templar starter instead of Path of the Witch and get '16% increased spell damage' in witch starter?

Is there a particular reason why x% increased damage is better for this build than x% increased spell damage?

Because we go for that because of Pure Talent jewel, so we choose between 14% increased damage + 5% elemental penetration versus 16% increased spell damage + 0.5% of Maximum Mana Regenerated per second.
"
GeronimoBumBum escribió:

It;s easy, because scion version using "pure talent" jewel.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pure_Talent

Damage penetration that we get if our skill tree connected to starting point of templar is good, witch's regeneration isn't so.

If pure talent will not be used, we wouldn't even consider to waste skill point on random 16% increased spell damage node
Editado por útlima vez por Sebaslc en 24 ago. 2020 4:34:26
"
Sebaslc escribió:
"
HHLupus escribió:

In other news Scorched is useles for us.
up to 20% less res based on the fire damage of thehit
We don't do big single hits but a myriad of tiny hits, so we get maybe 5% if we are lucky, not 20.

Same with Brittle and Sapped (in case of some gimmicky conversion).

Where can i read about those ailments? Looks like i missed it.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 7 dic. 2018 3:51:54
Since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else, Winter Orb will be a level 28 skill: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a3u0m1/here_are_the_starting_levels_for_the_new_gems_in/

I think it's safe to assume that Witch will get it from the Gravicius quest. Even if Scion doesn't, we have to do the library quest anyway, and that's just a few minutes later.
3.5 Update

The build is updated for 3.5: it's the same! :) I may add the cold version later.

The new Occultist version is here. I tested it on Standard, still without the new 3.5 stuff and... was able to facetank the Shaper's ball barrage with my 2-mod Watcher's Eye + Arakaali. The leech is real.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 7 dic. 2018 7:25:50
"
Kelvynn escribió:
3.5 Update

The build is updated for 3.5: it's the same! :) I may add the cold version later.

The new Occultist version is here. I tested it on Standard, still without the new 3.5 stuff and... was able to facetank the Shaper's ball barrage with my 2-mod Watcher's Eye + Arakaali. The leech is real.

i know it's only few hours until new league, but can you upload a video from this shaper kill?

pretty pls :D

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional