[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

What do you think about Hematophagy as an anointment?
"
QuickViper escribió:

It's a good node. It increases the leech cap and gives some damage. It's good if you want to improve survivability. However Spiritual command gives sooo much attack speed with the Scourges that I can't recommend anything else. Attack speed not only increases damage but also makes moving around bosses even faster (i.e. safer).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Aias_o_Telamonios escribió:
"
QuickViper escribió:

It's a good node. It increases the leech cap and gives some damage. It's good if you want to improve survivability. However Spiritual command gives sooo much attack speed with the Scourges that I can't recommend anything else. Attack speed not only increases damage but also makes moving around bosses even faster (i.e. safer).

Thanks, I have already taken Spiritual command)
Do we reach enough dps to deal with Red map metas / Red map bosses / conquerors? I love playing a slayer and I am loving the spectral throw so far (until white maps) but the PoB numbers are a bit low and I feel hesitant to jump straight in with the investments. Have about 11 ex to spend right now.
"
eshwar007 escribió:
Do we reach enough dps to deal with Red map metas / Red map bosses / conquerors? I love playing a slayer and I am loving the spectral throw so far (until white maps) but the PoB numbers are a bit low and I feel hesitant to jump straight in with the investments. Have about 11 ex to spend right now.

Can't speak for league, not enough time to play it, however I threw this together on STD with subpar gear (impale version) compared to the OP and burned through a dozen red maps with no problem. I wouldn't worry about map bosses. Can't speak for the league specific content though. ymmv
"
eshwar007 escribió:

Before 3.9 this build did everything deathless except uber elder so it should do just fine in this league as well. Bosses will take more time though. Conquerors are pretty easy in general even in high tier maps. Metamorphs depend on your choices. They can get pretty insane mods. Don't use damage numbers PoB or tooltip to compare different skills, it utterly pointless and wrong.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Editado por útlima vez por Aias_o_Telamonios en 1 ene. 2020 13:14:37
"
Aias_o_Telamonios escribió:
"
eshwar007 escribió:

Before 3.9 this build did everything deathless except uber elder so it should do just fine in this league as well. Bosses will take more time though. Conquerors are pretty easy in general even in high tier maps. Metamorphs depend on your choices. They can get pretty insane mods. Don't use damage numbers PoB or tooltip to compare different skills, it utterly pointless and wrong.

Right, I do understand that Tooltip is garbage, and PoB is becoming quickly unreliable with new mechanics like impale, but I just had a hard time comprehending what will scale my character.

A couple things that made me feel the way i did :

1) Why dont we take the Claws of the Pride node cluster, seems very strong compared to going towards Finesse. Also, if we do go towards Finesse, why not take Weapon Artistry on the way because it is a one point notable.

2) Why dont we steer towards Impale clusters on the tree. I am not too knowledgeable on Impale mechanic but back in Legion, it was a must to get 100% Impale chance (played a impale slayer back in legion). Seems like swift skewering is fairly close on the tree.

3) Thirdly, why not use Volley support (or greater volley) Since using volley feels almost similar to using GMP. Volley(s) have lesser spread control but have less damage penalty. Spread control is a non factor because we cannot shotgun with Spectral Throw. Source : Poe Wiki.

4) Finally, Enchantments seem to be rather interesting for our build. I have yet to test the lesser deceleration enchant but projectile speed enchant is really good for clear, its a massive improvement in the range.
Deceleration enchant seems to interact with ST in a way that it makes us maintain 4-5 Projectiles hitting the target (in the critical turnback point) compared to 3-4 Projectiles. Source : PoE Wiki.

I apologize for the long post, I just really love the build so far but it feels either clunky for dps or clunky for clear and I am trying to figure out whats best.
"
eshwar007 escribió:

Right, I do understand that Tooltip is garbage, and PoB is becoming quickly unreliable with new mechanics like impale, but I just had a hard time comprehending what will scale my character.

That is not what I meant. You said "the PoB numbers are a bit low". Compared to what ? A different skill ? It's utterly pointless to compare DPS between two different skills. It's calculated in a different way with different assumptions about positioning, AoE, projectiles, enemy size etc etc. You can easily find builds with 1M shaper DPS actually killing him much faster than other builds with 5M. DPS numbers are great for comparing different trees/gear/supports of the SAME skill, not for comparing different skills to each other.

"
eshwar007 escribió:

A couple things that made me feel the way i did :

1) Why dont we take the Claws of the Pride node cluster, seems very strong compared to going towards Finesse. Also, if we do go towards Finesse, why not take Weapon Artistry on the way because it is a one point notable.

2) Why dont we steer towards Impale clusters on the tree. I am not too knowledgeable on Impale mechanic but back in Legion, it was a must to get 100% Impale chance (played a impale slayer back in legion). Seems like swift skewering is fairly close on the tree.

3) Thirdly, why not use Volley support (or greater volley) Since using volley feels almost similar to using GMP. Volley(s) have lesser spread control but have less damage penalty. Spread control is a non factor because we cannot shotgun with Spectral Throw. Source : Poe Wiki.

4) Finally, Enchantments seem to be rather interesting for our build. I have yet to test the lesser deceleration enchant but projectile speed enchant is really good for clear, its a massive improvement in the range.
Deceleration enchant seems to interact with ST in a way that it makes us maintain 4-5 Projectiles hitting the target (in the critical turnback point) compared to 3-4 Projectiles. Source : PoE Wiki.

I apologize for the long post, I just really love the build so far but it feels either clunky for dps or clunky for clear and I am trying to figure out whats best.

This build does not rely on some complex gear/tree interaction. You can easily modify it to suit your needs/playstyle. Experimenting is half the fun with this game. You seem to have some ideas about what may work so try them out.
I've spent hours min/maxing this but I can't exclude the possibility that something else might work better. Though when I say better I mean same life, higher DPS or same DPS, higher life. Sacrificing one for the other is not better, it's just a different balance point.

P.S. I've written maaaaany posts about how projectile speed is bad for us. I even mention it in the guide. Good for clearing bad for bosses. If you want to ignore all that and invest in PS go ahead...

you listed Flesh and Stone as (6/0) but in your gear, it's actually 20/0?
"
Bonesoul escribió:
you listed Flesh and Stone as (6/0) but in your gear, it's actually 20/0?

The levels of F&S were changed, check the wiki.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional