[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

"

That's what I'm currently playing. I'm taking it a bit slow this league, but feel free to use my character "GoodMorningCrono" for reference. As it stands, blade vortex is crazy good single target, but the small hits make it so leech intances last very little, so major bosses may be an issue. You'd probably have to handle them without turning RF on (which may not be a big deal considering how good Blade Vortex is), I plan on looking into vaal breach given how vaal gems have been reworked to interact with bossing.

I'm leveling Dark Pact on a side just to see how bad the nerf was, and also Flameblast because there may be a possibility to hybridize the build with this one (which is already somewhat similar): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2130484
Thoughts on Carnage Heart neck for Leech RF variant?
"
CyaSteveNotDiablo escribió:

It's a great starter neck for any version, I'm using it on my character right now. The 20% all resistance is great and 'damage while leeching' bonus is static with this build. The damage bonus is also larger than hidden potential, it's only downside over a top tier magic amulet would be the lack of +life, so it's super good until you get endgame gear.
Thanks for this great build. I've been interested for a while, but finally did it. Character is TheHeatAintRising, if anyone wants a look.

It's super safe mapping, very tanky and braindead lol. I'm confused as to why bladevortex is good, tried it in path of building and dps is about half of dark pact, although i wasn't using hatred.

With dark pact right now on bosses I'm pretty much negating all my recovery using it full blast. Any tips on this besides turning RF off?
"
Fire309 escribió:

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I checked your profile - the only thing that looks a bit off is the stibnite flask. Even if mobs are blinded, resolute technique makes it so you can't evade them so you still get hit. I'd use a ruby flask in it's place, but you can swap that for any other flask you may want.

Perhaps you forgot to toggle '10 stacks'? Blade Vortex is super good because it doesn't drain your life, hits often so can reliably toggle elemental overload, and because converting phys to elemental (as well as buffing it with hatred/etc) to then take use of elemental penetration is absurd. The vast majority of all 'physical' builds end up opting for this due to how strong it is in comparison. Keeping stacks up is rather easy now that the cap is 10, it's also worth noting that you can stack your 10 blades and then walk into the boss room, only casting every now and then to keep your 10 stacks up.

I mostly wanted to test it to see what the rework was like, and more so because I wanted see if using bladevortex would bypass the need of a weaponswap (so even lazier). Since you're converting phys to ele, it would still be recommendable to weaponswap to 2x doryanis or something in that matter, but obliteration wands end up being decent enough as to not /have to/. Passive-wise, you're forced to play the vaal pact variant since you have to stretch into winter spirit(ranger) and use a hrimmsorrow/hrimburn.

And yeah, that's the main issue with dark pact, you can't just squeeze darkpact with high cast speed but rather have to pace yourself. GGG also nerfed the damage by a bit when selfcasting, and that may be more than I expected. I'm hoping to test the disparity this league to see how bad it is (compared to the footage I have from 3.0).
Editado por útlima vez por lucksickle en 10 jun. 2018 13:37:18
Yeah, I had 10 stacks and was getting around 340k dps. Forgot about elemental overload, that's probably why. With EO on the difference is small enough that I'd use it.

With preliminary testing on PoB, I'd say it's not worth pathing to winter spirit for the cold convert.

Vaal blade vortex - conc - added fire - ele focus - cont destruction - physical to lightning

Using hrimsorrow over blue gloves gives 8% dps at the cost of life, which is debatable. You get around 440k dps without hrimsorrow, 475k with it.

https://pastebin.com/Dp6fv0ZJ

Editado por útlima vez por Fire309 en 10 jun. 2018 17:41:22
"
Fire309 escribió:

You're not accounting for the other support gems you could use in its place nor the fact that being purely cold lets you get cold pen (and frost bomb) https://pastebin.com/ejxp9BCg

That said, I'm not enjoying blade vortex as much as I wish I was. Having to ramp up your stacks to deal with some rares is a bit slower than dark pact would be, and getting leech stacks to sustain RF on certain bosses is a pain in the ass. I bought a 14% vaal breach (42% increased cast speed) and that still has a 1.40 second cast time... it's completely unreliably. Also, stretching into Winter Spirit means you can't afford to go life regen, and I'm really not feeling the Vaal Pact variant personally. I'm really close to swapping my main skill lol.
Yeah blade vortex does feel kind of clunky, try using vaal blade vortex? Vaal righteous fire is also super nice. I like the feel of dark pact, but it's too risky for bosses compared to BV.
Sorry for the amount of posts, but I think I've finally found the best setup. BV is pretty clunky, and DP is too dangerous, so I decided to go with incinerate. It still gives u the overkill leech because of the big wave on release, and dps is only slightly worse than BV. You get around 200 more life and the use of arctic armour.

Immolate works really well because RF burns enemies, and paired with the buffed combustion you get pretty similar dps to BV. Also, no dex requirement.

Auras: herald of ash, warlord, AA
incinerate - conc - ele focus - cont destruction - immolate - combustion

doryanis and saffells in weapon swap, with scorching ray totem and lightning golem. HoA gives you better clear.

Also, new incinerate looks dope af especially with blue mtx.

https://pastebin.com/923zzGzQ
Editado por útlima vez por Fire309 en 12 jun. 2018 22:34:47
Cold Snap actually works decently as well because of the stacking degen glitch, assuming you need it for bosses. If you are worried about overleech, you could use Flameblast on 4 worms, and youre good to go for the rest of the map (3+ mins) (especially with obliteration killing mobs for overleech as well)

However, once cold snap gets fixed, I dont know what to do. I am level 84~ or something and I feel like rares/bosses/architects are way beyond my means. RF only does like 30k damage right now, 6l spells do like 60k. I have 2 wands with total of like 150% fire+60 spell damage, and I still cant manage anything.

I feel like I am missing something, but I cant figure out what it is. Vaal RF btw is a total letdown- barely any damage (less than RF) and its so short I can barely use my other vaal skills in succession.

Anyway, lemme know guys. I tried everything except blade vortex since its dex req is too high.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional