[DECEASED] Leech-based RF+Obliteration Slayer <ExtremelyCheap> All Content and HC viable.

Can't believe it, bought the base with the life%, aug'd the res, and vaal'd that..

Will be fun once I can get the build together :D

--

My only issue thus far is it seems the leech stacks drop super quick. I get leech but very soon after it runs out, so I have to make sure I don't have much time between packs (using Scion).

I figured maybe it was because DP is taking away part of my leech, so I tried LT CWC Vortex, but still the leech stacks ran out very fast.

Am I missing something? Is it just lack of leech%? I've ran Slayer leech builds and they seem to leech forever, but on those I probably had more leech%.

I'm running Life Leech in my main setup as well. Perhaps it's because the 20% overkill is missing?

--

I found the solution to my problem.

What this does is gives me 20% of chaos damage leeched as life during the flask. I pop Vinktar's to get some leech off of some explosions, then I'm pretty good for a while, just using the flask every now and then to keep it up. I'd recommend this setup for anyone using this build.
It still doesn't really help on bosses though, DP seems to outdamage my leech on a boss. Not sure how to counter that.

My only other question now is how to I fit in another curse? I suppose I could drop Purity of Fire for another blasphemy, but I'd like not to..

If anyone could, could you check my profile and let me know if you have any suggestions? I'm trying vortex right now, swapping to remove Hungry Abyss buff to leech off the lightning. I was thinking my leech rate would be better but it seems kinda low, despite all buffs being up. Character "CompleteObliteration".
Editado por útlima vez por vegeto079 en 18 mar. 2018 22:41:50
"
Endomous escribió:

Hey! I'm glad you're enjoying the build. I tried checking your profile, but the characters tab wasn't available. You're probably running the build properly, it's just that apep's gives you lots of cast speed, and the build can't really handle mindless dark pact spam ontop of righteous fire, you just have to learn to pace yourself with the dark pact and dodge a little bit in between.
"
vegeto079 escribió:

The hungry abyss and vessel of vinktar trick is quite clever, nice job with that, also, that's a veerrrry nice amulet lol. The two things I can say regarding leech dropping is: 1) the higher your leech cap is, the more damage you need to do. and 2) Yes, overkill leech would affect a good amount here, which is why I prefer slayer variants, particularly the life regen variant since you can just toggle into Rise of the Phoenix for sustain. Dark Pact is ideally the best single target in my opinion, I reckon you aren't getting any leech out of tendrils cwc vortex since you're leeching off of your chaos damage. The build can't sustain endless dark pact spam ontop of RF (specially if you have high cast speed from stuff like apep's), so you just have to learn to pace yourself with your dark pact use. Lastly, I initially had an extra curse neck with the build. In that iteration, I didn't run purity of fire and made up for the resists with top-end gear. This let me run enfeeble as a 2nd curse on blasphemy, but I eventually felt like it really wasn't worth it, so I just wore a marble amulet + PoF again. This was before the vulnerability/despair split, so perhaps you could experiment with that curse?
Thanks for the reply!

Strange, if you click this does it work? It is set to public. Anyway I can link my gear here:
Spoiler

I have my obliterations corrupted but my boss-kill wands clean, so I still leech the lightning off Vinktar's.
I think it's really just RF because if I turn it off it's a lot better. So maybe I should get rid of Purity like you said since I can turn RF off (and not need purity) for bosses. Sorry if it's been asked before, but what do you use to turn off RF for a boss? I guess on random maps I could just tele out pre-boss, but losing leech stacks sucks.

Still the build is great, I'm liking it a lot. It was super clunky (but still fun) before using Vinktar's+chaos leech, but since then it's been buttery smooth on clear. The boss is the only thing to solve for me, maybe it's as simple as turning off RF to facetank.

Other Notes
For me I need blood rage-cwdt on boss setup so I keep my buff up, and I like the explosions from cwdt-discharge (still leveling) on my clearing setup since you gain a lot of charges, seems nice so far, should be less (but more powerful) explosions once it's leveled. Will have to see if it's worth it at lvl 18-20, because right now it's getting rid of charges a little too fast which hurts clear a little. But the pops are so satisfying, more popping sounds! Otherwise I always have 3/3/3 charges from Curse, ScionTrickster and Blood Rage, it feels like a waste to have them generating so fast and going nowhere.

Got the Frenzy charge boot corrupt on first try for the jewel corruptions lol. Also got the helm enchant, figure might as well keep it, and it should synergize well with Discharge.

And also Commandment of Flames is very nice since it's a circular explosion like Discharge, and I figure the global chance to blind enemies is probably useful on bosses.

Still using a cheap rare boss wand since I couldn't find a decent blue one and didn't want to bother crafting for only a few % dps.

My only regret is that I didn't run this build in Abyss, because it absolutely crushes abysses with all the little mobs around.

Also I do feel that the jewel is good enough that you should include it on the main character build, you should try it out, it's ridiculous. Plus free +spell damage. At least it should be 'required' for the Scion version because otherwise it's pretty clunky (losing leech stacks a lot).
Editado por útlima vez por vegeto079 en 20 mar. 2018 3:40:32
First of all, sorry for my bad English.

Hey lucksickle, I've got a little unclear point of your bulid:

"
This build extends its leech cap to 29%. Vaal Pact can double this to 58%, and a Scion could further improve this up to 87%.

"
Life Regeneration Scion
Has up to 61.2% combined regeneration (43.5% leech

Why Scion can raise leech cap to 43.5%?
I had checked the passive skill tree and read all replies of this thread, still didn't figured out.
Could u please explicate it for me, thanks a lot.
"
vegeto079 escribió:
Strange, if you click this does it work? It is set to public.

This bit was meant for another poster lol.

"
vegeto079 escribió:
I think it's really just RF because if I turn it off it's a lot better. So maybe I should get rid of Purity like you said since I can turn RF off (and not need purity) for bosses. Sorry if it's been asked before, but what do you use to turn off RF for a boss? I guess on random maps I could just tele out pre-boss, but losing leech stacks sucks.

Yeah, dropping RF for bossing is perfectly fine. I ran the build up to 95 during harbinger, before the vaal pact change. From my experience, you don't need to drop RF if you're doing maps, or during your first attempt with guardians. If I used a portal for any guardian, I would not use RF for the rest of the fight. I didn't use RF for shaper, and I didn't use RF for uber izaro either. All of this was before considering RotP on my boss weaponswap, so maybe it's still valid to use RF during those specific fights with the shield. All of that said, you have enough damage without RF for bossing, so if you feel safer without it, then absolutely go for it. As you said, portal out is one way to turn RF off (the way I did it). If you want to avoid dropping your leech stacks, then just use a flask with 'dousing' suffix to turn ignites off.

"
vegeto079 escribió:
Other Notes
For me I need blood rage-cwdt on boss setup so I keep my buff up, and I like the explosions from cwdt-discharge (still leveling) on my clearing setup since you gain a lot of charges, seems nice so far, should be less (but more powerful) explosions once it's leveled. Will have to see if it's worth it at lvl 18-20, because right now it's getting rid of charges a little too fast which hurts clear a little. But the pops are so satisfying, more popping sounds! Otherwise I always have 3/3/3 charges from Curse, ScionTrickster and Blood Rage, it feels like a waste to have them generating so fast and going nowhere.

Got the Frenzy charge boot corrupt on first try for the jewel corruptions lol. Also got the helm enchant, figure might as well keep it, and it should synergize well with Discharge.

And also Commandment of Flames is very nice since it's a circular explosion like Discharge, and I figure the global chance to blind enemies is probably useful on bosses.

Still using a cheap rare boss wand since I couldn't find a decent blue one and didn't want to bother crafting for only a few % dps.

My only regret is that I didn't run this build in Abyss, because it absolutely crushes abysses with all the little mobs around.

Also I do feel that the jewel is good enough that you should include it on the main character build, you should try it out, it's ridiculous. Plus free +spell damage. At least it should be 'required' for the Scion version because otherwise it's pretty clunky (losing leech stacks a lot).

Lol, the discharge and the blinding explosion sounds fun. I wouldn't recommend it personally since consuming the charges makes you lose the 4% more damage per frenzy, 4% reduced phys from endurance, which makes your character more rounded. Blinding shouldn't be very relevant since you can't evade with unwavering stance anyways. It does sound like much fun though. And yeah, the build is extremely good for breaches, abysses, and harbingers. The jewel+flask combination seems redundant to me if you're a slayer since you're already getting overkill leech. It might be relevant for single target, but shocking yourself is a bit dangerous. That said, I do agree that it should make scion waaay smoother. I should probably include it for the scion variation as you said.

"
Favorapex escribió:

Hi, thanks for pointing out that the passive tree was missing. I've edited the main post so many times that it sometimes messes up. So first of all I have to say that the only variation I've tested 100% is the life regeneration Slayer, I played vaal pact slayer a bit and didn't like it as much. I have not played with scion at all, so it is mostly speculative. Some users have tried scion within the thread, so they may be better points of reference.

The case with ascendant is the trickster's "50% increased life recovery if you have killed recently" and how it may interact with Vaal Pact's "maximum life leech rate is doubled".

So, the life regeneration scion tree has:
29% maximum leech and 11.8% life regen unbuffed
43.5% maximum leech and 17.7% life regen buffed
The buff is taking acount 50% increased life recovery if you have killed recently, you basically multiply your leech and regen by 1.5 (150%).

For the vaal pact scion variant, you have one of two cases:

29% leech cap, doubled to 58% from vaal pact, multiplied by 1.5 (150%) from trickster buff: 87%
29% leech cap (vaal pact 'double (200%) + trickster buff (50%)) so 29% * 2.5: 72.5%

I'm not sure how vaal pact is counted, so I don't know if it's 72.5% or 87%. I would imagine it to work like the first example though, netting 87% though.
Editado por útlima vez por lucksickle en 20 mar. 2018 9:08:04
"
lucksickle escribió:

"
Favorapex escribió:

Hi, thanks for pointing out that the passive tree was missing. I've edited the main post so many times that it sometimes messes up. So first of all I have to say that the only variation I've tested 100% is the life regeneration Slayer, I played vaal pact slayer a bit and didn't like it as much. I have not played with scion at all, so it is mostly speculative. Some users have tried scion within the thread, so they may be better points of reference.

The case with ascendant is the trickster's "50% increased life recovery if you have killed recently" and how it may interact with Vaal Pact's "maximum life leech rate is doubled".

So, the life regeneration scion tree has:
29% maximum leech and 11.8% life regen unbuffed
43.5% maximum leech and 17.7% life regen buffed
The buff is taking acount 50% increased life recovery if you have killed recently, you basically multiply your leech and regen by 1.5 (150%).

For the vaal pact scion variant, you have one of two cases:

29% leech cap, doubled to 58% from vaal pact, multiplied by 1.5 (150%) from trickster buff: 87%
29% leech cap (vaal pact 'double (200%) + trickster buff (50%)) so 29% * 2.5: 72.5%

I'm not sure how vaal pact is counted, so I don't know if it's 72.5% or 87%. I would imagine it to work like the first example though, netting 87% though.

Got it, thank you so much.
"
lucksickle escribió:
If you want to avoid dropping your leech stacks, then just use a flask with 'dousing' suffix to turn ignites off.

Yeah I suppose, but still that's dropping another flask. Since I'm using LT the extra damage from Atziri's is useful and helps ramp up the leech, but I probably could get away with a Dousing Sulphur Flask for the generic damage increase and only use it at boss.

One thing to note is that if you're Scion version, you can't get the Trickster buff on a boss unless RF is on (assuming it has adds or you're using worm flask). Thankfully Vortex has a DoT so you still get the buff with RF off, but if you were DP you wouldn't get that buff so your leech would be significantly lower.

"
lucksickle escribió:
Lol, the discharge and the blinding explosion sounds fun. I wouldn't recommend it personally since consuming the charges makes you lose the 4% more damage per frenzy, 4% reduced phys from endurance

With Trickster and blood rage, Frenzy charges are always capped even if you expend them because the on-kill chance is so high. Add the lucky enchant I got on top of that lol. Level 19 CWDT shouldn't proc too much to make it a problem. Endurance charges are a concern, but I think it's fine since they don't help "that" much. It is only on my clear swap anyway, usually I'm on full charges at boss.

"
lucksickle escribió:
Blinding shouldn't be very relevant since you can't evade with unwavering stance anyways.

Ah damn thanks, I forgot about that. No way it's worth dropping Cannot be Stunned, even though blind is so powerful. Breaking my Channelling would be awful.

"
lucksickle escribió:
The jewel+flask combination seems redundant to me if you're a slayer since you're already getting overkill leech. It might be relevant for single target, but shocking yourself is a bit dangerous.

I think you're right in that Slayer probably just doesn't need it. The buff is so short that being shocked isn't really an issue, but it's great for ramping up Leech at the beginning of a boss fight, especially if you ported out and lost leech stacks.
For Scion like mentioned it's definitely necessary, at the beginning of a map I drink it before I explode a huge pack, then I'm pretty good for the rest of the map, just using it every now and then to make sure my leech stacks are full.

"
lucksickle escribió:

PoB says it is 50% flat inc from trickster so it would be 87%, assuming PoB is accurate.
Editado por útlima vez por vegeto079 en 21 mar. 2018 13:27:22
I just wanted to thank Lucksickle for sharing this build. I'd wanted to try a leech RF and this is better than any of the ideas I could come up with. I went with the life regen scion variant and ran into the same problem as Vegeto079 where my leech would run out mid boss despite running through the map like a madman. I haven't tried out the gem+corrupted items yet but it is on my list now.

I wanted a build that would cruise through yellow maps in a safe way with a passive play style and this is working out perfectly. Weapon swap to RotP and an Apep's lets me dark pact spam most of the bosses under Tier7 wiith minimal gear investment, maybe 100 or so alts to this point.

Thanks again to Lucksickle for creating the guide and Vegeto for being a better POE theorycrafter than I will ever be. Time to explode some packs.
Editado por útlima vez por Frazbot en 21 mar. 2018 22:04:36
Lvling is fun using sudner... but now i have to switch to lvl the gems that ill need for dark pact and rf and auras... i dont know what to get rid of and sacrifice...

do i just wait till lvl 56 or something before starting to lvl my gems....
"
thyraa escribió:
Lvling is fun using sudner... but now i have to switch to lvl the gems that ill need for dark pact and rf and auras... i dont know what to get rid of and sacrifice...

do i just wait till lvl 56 or something before starting to lvl my gems....

DP, RF, and auras all are okay to level up later - they don't scale as harshly with gem level as other skills, since none of them are base damage to do with the gem.

"
Frazbot escribió:
I just wanted to thank Lucksickle for sharing this build.

Same here, I'm really happy with the build overall, it's been a lot of fun. I'll probably run one a league. Thanks lucksickle :)

--

I crafted this on accident while trying to get %ele as chaos..

Had to go sceptre on my off-hand to use it, total LT dps increase of about 25% over my last wands!

Also I added these jewels

They have about 30-70% uptime during mapping depending on map density. Phasing is nice QOL for running through mobs, and Onslaught is very useful for running faster since we don't have a good movement skill.

My boss woes have mostly been solved by getting rid of RF before the boss-fight to facetank it. Unfortunately on Scion you'd have to go LT-Vortex (or another DoT skill) to do this though since as mentioned before with DP you'd lose the Trickster buff. It's still a little clunky - every now and then I have to let RF go away by having it drain my HP which has led to a few deaths when I didn't know I was under DoT affect, probably should get dousing just for that situation. But it is clunky in a lovable way somehow.

rambling
I'm running out of things to improve, which isn't really a terrible thing. One concern now is RF damage (a little higher would be nice for high level maps), long-term/expensive upgrade would be conc effect Horror helmet, but Horrors are 90c right now which is insane, too expensive to try. Too bad there's no good Glove shaper/elder mods to go for.

I'm also slowly trying for an Ele Weakness On Hit glove to see if I could go without the blasphemy. It would let me slot in Herald of Ice or Lightning which is 7% dps inc, or just have less mana reserved for QoL (LT can run out of mana fast sometimes).

I'm trying to see just what little things I can squeeze out of the build. I was considering trying to 6b a hybrid ES chest for the slight defense increase of an ev/arm base. Seems pointless considering Carcass Jack is a straight upgrade though, but I'm not near the cash needed to go there yet.
Editado por útlima vez por vegeto079 en 22 mar. 2018 4:26:48

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional