[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

will this be updated for 3.2?
"
Serge91 escribió:
First of all, thanks Lifting for the build and all the people who contribute here.

I have some question to do here. I've never played a champion class, and i've never played a pure Ancestral Warchief build totem (just spell totem).
First question: are the totems tanky enough? I mean, do they last at least 3-5 seconds against the strongest boss in the game just with the passive nodes for totems that Lifting has indicated? This question is because the taunt on the totem is useless if the totem can't sustain the damage taken at least for a reasonable amount of time.

Second. People say that "Conqueror"'s 100% chance to taunt works even with totem hit, even if the notable doesn't specify it.
But "First to Strike, Last to Fall" isn't worded the same as Conqueror. Does that mean that totem hits won't make the monster be intimidated? I want to understand this coz honestly i would like to pick this notable, and leaving the permafortify one (which honestly i think it isn't really mandatory since we have so much damage reduction, and we can have fortify 99% up with movement skills).

1. the totems arent very tanky, but in most scenarios it wont matter.
i didnt try anything else than lab, so i cant tell you how shaper/guardians are
but as for lab: you might re-summon totems for argus or izaro once or twice.
but when you re-summon, the other totem keeps taunt. so it's safe and doesnt matter.
when you get geared, you wont even need to re-summon.

2. dont know, but i'd suggest taking fortify. the 23% damage reduction from fortify is multiplicative. remember that armour phys damage reduction is not as effective versus high hitting damage (like izaro).
and triggering fortify with leap slam in middle of izaro phase can be very risky.
your 90% phys reduction equals around 45% vs izaro slam
Editado por útlima vez por Reed2017 en 1 mar. 2018 16:59:20
"
Lhain escribió:

Here is almost nothing to update. But for my opinion on skill tree we can:
- Not take Resolute Technique;
- Not take Rampart branch, better to get 2 additional gems on tree with 6 skill points.

Ascendancies the same as before.

As I see we have no changes in Gems and Gear. And for now we have no info about new Uniques.
Ye according to a few posts on reddit + this
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837925/page/1
We dont need resolute technique anymore. Totems are still considered as "you" in this case so they will have all the bonuses from Worthy Foe.
without RT u can play this with hegemonys era staff and go for crit
Playing around in PoB changing the axe notes to the staff nodes on the left side, and removing the improved fortify to pick up disembowling resulted in about 11k more average damage, and about 37k more total dps. Seems like it'll be good for budget, but I'm not sure what you do to scale on staffs without going back to swords for Starforge eventually (like I'll ever afford a Starforge).
"
TheAnderson escribió:
"
Lhain escribió:

Here is almost nothing to update. But for my opinion on skill tree we can:
- Not take Resolute Technique;
- Not take Rampart branch, better to get 2 additional gems on tree with 6 skill points.

Ascendancies the same as before.

As I see we have no changes in Gems and Gear. And for now we have no info about new Uniques.

Hmm isn't it 5 points though to spec out of rampart branch and RT? I see the one gem slot at the bottom left not sure where the other is
I do not think getting crit or dropping RT on this build is a good idea. Our gearing is "difficult" enough as it is with getting phys dmg, ias, etc that building crit would just end up giving us less defense while not giving us much offense, as you need to invest quite a bit into crit to make it worthwhile.

As for dropping RT, consider that dropping RT and that we have basically zero accuracy rating means our hit chance is very bad. This will end up making totems miss their first, maybe second, maybe third hit until it finally lands and applies the no-evade modifier. This would decrease our clear speed as totems take more time to actually land a hit on a random group, but it would increase our bosskilling speed by.... 3%. Unallocating RT and getting a measly 5% crit gives us a 3% dps increase. I don't think that's worth making any trouble over.

As a HC player who used this build to down Shaper last league, I will not be dropping RT even for bossfights because now that Shaper, Guardians, etc are tauntable, them getting taunted as soon as possible is my absolute priority, so I want my totems to actually land their first hit every single time.
"
nakieon escribió:
I do not think getting crit or dropping RT on this build is a good idea. Our gearing is "difficult" enough as it is with getting phys dmg, ias, etc that building crit would just end up giving us less defense while not giving us much offense, as you need to invest quite a bit into crit to make it worthwhile.

As for dropping RT, consider that dropping RT and that we have basically zero accuracy rating means our hit chance is very bad. This will end up making totems miss their first, maybe second, maybe third hit until it finally lands and applies the no-evade modifier. This would decrease our clear speed as totems take more time to actually land a hit on a random group, but it would increase our bosskilling speed by.... 3%. Unallocating RT and getting a measly 5% crit gives us a 3% dps increase. I don't think that's worth making any trouble over.

As a HC player who used this build to down Shaper last league, I will not be dropping RT even for bossfights because now that Shaper, Guardians, etc are tauntable, them getting taunted as soon as possible is my absolute priority, so I want my totems to actually land their first hit every single time.

The PoB link has 83% chance to hit when you remove RT and untick the mob has been taunted. That is more than enough.

But to clarify, I will be grabbing RT while leveling for sure. But at level 80ish+ I will be dropping it.
Editado por útlima vez por Charl1eTango en 1 mar. 2018 22:39:43
"
nakieon escribió:

ascendancy gives your totems RT, you should definitely drop it later on

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional