[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
brightwaha escribió:
"
Lafeuile escribió:
Follow on question... so Berserker it is for me for continued/consistent stun-lock... my follow on question is in reference to you Lvl 1-69 Berserker Passive tree... can you briefly go over (key nodes) I should be aiming for as I lvl up... don't want to take nodes that are geared for 50-65 lvls t say lvl 30 cause I went the wrong path. Bullet list of node sequence I should be hitting. Thx

The way you develop your tree should depend on your play-style and gearing. To give a general picture, if you look at all the passives nodes for the lvl 69 tree, there are 5 categories: damage, life, damage exclusive to maces, jewel sockets, and Resolute Technique. You should probably pick up Resolute Technique early on, and avoid mace related wheels and jewel sockets. To decide between a damage node and a life node, you should just ask yourself which one you need more at the time you allocate each point. It's very hard to go to the wrong path with our build because all we do is getting damage and life nodes... both of them are helpful at any stage of the game.

To give a sample path, I think you start with melee damage from the early levels(refund those points later), proceed to Butchery then pick up Resolute Technique. Then you can go straight from Warrior's Blood to Master of the Arena(refund +10 points along the route later) and pick up every single node in the Slayer area(besides jewel sockets if you don't have any jewels). You can pick up Revelry to solve your mana issues(also refund later). Then you just pick up the rest of the points, they are mostly life nodes. When you find a good rare mace that you can use for the rest of the story line, then pick up those mace-related damage nodes.

You can take all the mace nodes early on, but if you fail to find good maces but a bunch of really good swords/axes you will be sad.

Thank you very much!!
the build will survive, plus..according to POB i can leech now to 5000+hp/sec with VP. OP? yes, very much so.
"
brightwaha escribió:
"
HunterMoon escribió:
I think i find my starter build here! Thank you for your detailed and organized guide.

Just one question, i never played sunder or heavy strike and i don't know how they perform in early leveling and early mapping, so for leveling and early mapping we only use sunder until we can get a 5L Tidebreaker, or is it possible to do all early leveling and early mapping with Heavy Strike?

Heavy Strike is only a viable choice for clearing after getting both threshold jewels and slayer splash. You should definitely use Sunder for leveling, even for boss fightsI. You should probably make your first Heavy Strike attack after you start mapping.

I want to play the Berserker version so i guess Heavy Strike is out of the question for clearing without Slayer splash? Is there any other good clearing skills beside Sunder? I'm not really fond of it.
Editado por útlima vez por Lyanar en 8 dic. 2017 6:13:49
"
Lyanar escribió:
I want to play the Berserker version so i guess Heavy Strike is out of the question for clearing without Slayer splash? Is there any other good clearing skills beside Sunder? I'm not really fond of it.

You can clear with Heavy Strike without Slayer splash, you just need to use a melee splash gem. I used to clear with Heavy Strike + Melee Splash and there is nothing wrong with it(and my first Minotaur kill with Berserker was done with Melee Splash gem, for some reason I didn't take it out).

But generally, after testing, the best endgame setup should involve 2 weapons, one for single-target one for AOE. And the AOE version just feels better with Sunder to be honest. I think the second best AOE skill might be Sweep? Or the new Static Strike + Ancestral Call combo could also be great.

After all, the best way to clear is down to preference. Heavy Strike, Sunder, or Sweep or even Cyclone, etc, all of them can work. You can use whatever skill you want. (But seriously speaking, using Cyclone with this build feels pretty dumb.)
"
Molochmane escribió:
the build will survive, plus..according to POB i can leech now to 5000+hp/sec with VP. OP? yes, very much so.

Yes, I am also expecting the Slayer + Vaal Pact combo to perform very well, we will see when 3.1 goes live. (Although Berserker without having to worry about reflection seems really good as well.)
"
Lyanar escribió:
"
brightwaha escribió:
"
HunterMoon escribió:
I think i find my starter build here! Thank you for your detailed and organized guide.

Just one question, i never played sunder or heavy strike and i don't know how they perform in early leveling and early mapping, so for leveling and early mapping we only use sunder until we can get a 5L Tidebreaker, or is it possible to do all early leveling and early mapping with Heavy Strike?

Heavy Strike is only a viable choice for clearing after getting both threshold jewels and slayer splash. You should definitely use Sunder for leveling, even for boss fightsI. You should probably make your first Heavy Strike attack after you start mapping.

Besides melee splash gem you could also try using the new Ancestral Call support, which sounds quite interesting and adds something fresh to the playstyle. Other alternative for Sunder is EQ, which is what I will be using.
IGN Mahavir
can this be used as a league starter?
"
can this be used as a league starter?

It definitely can, the whole leveling and endgame item progressing is very smooth for this build. It is also an excellent boss killer so you will have an easy time building up Atlas and killing challenging bosses.
Lets say I wanna go full physical damage. That means I wont need HoA and Hatred. Should I got Blashphemy + Vulnerability + arctic armour? or is there a better setup to go with?
"
Opalitic escribió:
Lets say I wanna go full physical damage. That means I wont need HoA and Hatred. Should I got Blashphemy + Vulnerability + arctic armour? or is there a better setup to go with?

I would choose from Haste, Blasphemy Vulnerability, and Arctic Armour. Personally I would link Vulnerability to CWDT instead, and run Haste + Arctic Armour.

And Vulnerability on glove corruption should be something to aim for later in the league.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional