[3.0] How to Flicker. Terminus Est Edition!

@OP i recently made this build on beta, lv 89 atm. 100% say for sure this build has great mapping potential, the only thing that sucks is right now my dps is a bit low (10.5k tooltip in hideout with reservation, 16k with flask) but kills bosses just fine as long as there are no enfeeble, reduced elemental damage. My gear isn't "amazing" atm but I am using abyssus and kaoms roots sitting on 5k life. Everything I have could be upgraded, amulet is shit, rings are shit, belt is shit, gloves are shit, even my terminus est is a really bad roll lmao. Just don't have currency cause re rolled from lacerate to cyclone to ngamahu cyclone (which was cheap af to re roll to) now to this which is a different skill tree had to spend a lot in regrets to get it up and running.

In red maps with my cycloners (lacerate didnt make it to red maps doesn't do enough damage with the build i was doing) just fell off when there were more monster life mods and stuff cause 100% flat increased boss life then 40% more life made bossing really hard in t12+ maps.
KorgothBG, how much of an effect will the Abyssus nerf will have for the build for 3.0 together with the other bug fix? Do you think that both things will make the build not that viable for the end-game?

Also how Overwhelm is benefiting this build since we are dropping Endless Hunger?
Editado por útlima vez por YYakovliev en 13 jul. 2017 12:54:22
I must mention (though it is explained in the guide) your DPS is most definitely NOT 10k since flicker strike displays damage per use , so your DPS is 10k multiplied by your attacks per second. Still rather low for the build but as you said everything that you have can be upgraded so .. yeah :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
the only downside to this build so far for me in the beta is the leech against bosses...

atziri's acuity would be so nice >_>
Yeah, Acuity is an absolute beast and a game changer.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
@OP i recently made this build on beta, lv 89 atm. 100% say for sure this build has great mapping potential, the only thing that sucks is right now my dps is a bit low (10.5k tooltip in hideout with reservation, 16k with flask)
Spoiler
but kills bosses just fine as long as there are no enfeeble, reduced elemental damage. My gear isn't "amazing" atm but I am using abyssus and kaoms roots sitting on 5k life. Everything I have could be upgraded, amulet is shit, rings are shit, belt is shit, gloves are shit, even my terminus est is a really bad roll lmao. Just don't have currency cause re rolled from lacerate to cyclone to ngamahu cyclone (which was cheap af to re roll to) now to this which is a different skill tree had to spend a lot in regrets to get it up and running.

In red maps with my cycloners (lacerate didnt make it to red maps doesn't do enough damage with the build i was doing) just fell off when there were more monster life mods and stuff cause 100% flat increased boss life then 40% more life made bossing really hard in t12+ maps

that's good to hear that flicker is working in beta, the build really shines when there's atziri's acquity, then amulets/rings, gems and jewels are optimized...it becomes tedious and expensive to min-max everything. But it's worth it in the end, flicker can be managed without abyssus or with abyssus nerf.

But i can forsee with the 3.0 patch, atziri's acquity may be more expensive entry point since the VP-ES nerf and life builds will be more common.

@YYakovliev
Well we are not sure that the bug fix will be deployed in 3.0 . In any case i wouldn't worry too much about the Abyssus nerf.

As for Overwhelm ... well ... you have a guaranteed double stun on any first hit that you land to an enemy which is a nice little extra that increases your survivability.
So my big problem with the build in BETA! And how i've overcomed the issues.

Spoiler
I've had issues with survivability, and didn't want to rely on acuities because the chance that im going to get it, doubtful at this time cause the build doesn't really handle atziri very well with my current gear. However even with my shit gear i have hit 15k tooltip dps with just auras on. I have abyssus, 6l chestpiece, well rolled kondo's pride. I've got Vaal grace linked with inc duration and this is helping a lot with general map clear at t11+ where the build feels unsafe. I took it a step furthur though. I swapped out ancestral warchief for decoy totem lv 15 atm. Its Decoy totem - blood magic -
leap slam - faster attacks. It's helping even more against bosses. The final kicker is I've decided to go dual curse, but to do so i needed better resists (which is super expensive gear cause beta prices on good accessories). I want to run a deodre's damning so i can link cwdt - enfeeble - immortal call- high lvl blood rage. However since I cannot do that just yet im running windscream boots with cwdt - enfeeble - blade vortex - inc aoe. The other thing that I would like to i guess, understand? is that in beta at least there is a pantheon for reduced physical damage taken while stationary, this does NOT work with flicker strike. And arctic armour only works while stationary, so why use arctic armour if it does nothing for the build?

on a side note im using forbidden taste which is amazing with slayer if you've never tried it, it's helping with survivability because i've hit 75/75 dodge for attacks/spells and curse enemies that actually hit me with enfeeble and basically when you do get hit you just need that one instant heal.
Hardest boss fight i've had in the last 30 maps lasts 30-45 seconds because it was an Enfeeble,
40% more monster life, 40% reduced damage taken by critical strikes, reduced elemental damage map.
Basically ALL the things that typically killed clearspeed, made the enemies stay alive long enough to one tap me with abyssus... And with the even higher added layers of defense now, the fight went smoothly even with shit dps.

the other thing is i dont have taste of hate, getting that on beta is hard.. so i still wanna shatter for porcupines and stuff, i took the 20% phys converted to cold damage node, just 1 so far. 2 points for shattering is a nice QoL.
Editado por útlima vez por ExiledVessel en 14 jul. 2017 10:10:27
@SloshMoney
The flickering around is not counted as "moving" by the game and thus you gain the damage reduction from arctic armour ( and the pantheon buff ) as long as you don't move around and just flicker around.
"
KorgothBG escribió:
@SloshMoney
The flickering around is not counted as "moving" by the game and thus you gain the damage reduction from arctic armour ( and the pantheon buff ) as long as you don't move around and just flicker around.

the pantheon is 100% NOT working with flicker strike therefor im 100% certain that arctic armour will NOT work. Maybe this should be brought up to devs? feel free to use this gif as a reference.

https://gyazo.com/daa2be8162ff784af84fcabc444647d8

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional