[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
Y_A_K_U_Z_A escribió:
"
NaughtyHotaru escribió:
voidheart is a good choice for this build?? ofc. main skill Static Strike

no point of using voidheart since you get bleed from bloodrage.
best are rare rings for this slot with resists/life/flat phys/etc...

Blood Rage don't give bleeding. Our Ascendancy Gratuitous Violence does.
Huge Update from me: Experimental respec to Dual Wield crit block build. I guess this is no more part of the original build but since it's best suited for Gladiator with same ascendancy just wanted to share it. DPS is SICK: 204k unbuffed dps in hideout (with only auras), and ~415k tooltip dps in hideout with Blood Rage + Totem + Lion + Atziri. Fully buffed in maps tooltip dps is around 570-600k. Block is 56% +8% when hit from Painforged. Current gear is:
Ofc, diamond rings would be best choice and crit chance would skyrock with them.
Tried with BoR as well, damage is way smaller but survivability is much better. Trying to find ideal balance with auras, probably blasphemy with war mark + enfeeble. I was even considering using Self Flagellation jewel and using assassin mark as 3rd curse linked to cwdt. I was considering Rumi as an option for a flask, but i'm not sure which one to swap, dps flasks are soooo good dps boost with current setup.

EDIT: Passive tree (might need some change): https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAAGAdwEswUtBosJWAomC2EMcw2NEdUTTBRxFewV9hfhG60g4yFgI_Ykmyb4KCoppTB3Mgk1kjXvOu08LUCgQXRDMUSeRrdHfkp9TP9Nkk4qTjJQR1O7V5dZ_luvX9pgQWJ5Y3BkUmVNZ5toZWjybEZs2G87cmxyqXTxdqx343gNeu-BQYIHg1-DzITZh3aK8ItPkn2S95Vml3mYb6IAo4qpbq4-r2yxs7Xytz65Hb02vni-p7_VwBrBi8GjxBXE9sauypDPftNv0_zYvdl826fcI-Jh45_kUeXP6UbqGO4O7w7wH_Pd9zL3TfgC-Ov8xf4K?accountName=spartacusbringerofrain&characterName=EssentialSC
Editado por útlima vez por spartacusbringerofrain en 29 sept. 2016 6:44:21
Great guide and build! It has by far been my best starting character in poe to date. The only question I have is, why is there no complete passive tree in the guide? Every one I see has 12 points to assign.
"
Huge Update from me: Experimental respec to Dual Wield crit block build. I guess this is no more part of the original build but since it's best suited for Gladiator with same ascendancy just wanted to share it. DPS is SICK: 204k unbuffed dps in hideout (with only auras), and ~415k tooltip dps in hideout with Blood Rage + Totem + Lion + Atziri. Fully buffed in maps tooltip dps is around 570-600k. Block is 56% +8% when hit from Painforged. Current gear is:
Ofc, diamond rings would be best choice and crit chance would skyrock with them.
Tried with BoR as well, damage is way smaller but survivability is much better. Trying to find ideal balance with auras, probably blasphemy with war mark + enfeeble. I was even considering using Self Flagellation jewel and using assassin mark as 3rd curse linked to cwdt. I was considering Rumi as an option for a flask, but i'm not sure which one to swap, dps flasks are soooo good dps boost with current setup.

Looks interesting but I wonder about the survivability it has for guardians and shaper... Should probably be fine with leech from warlord's mark though but I'm not sure because of abyssus. 42% increased phys dmg is no joke on guardians and shaper...

Btw, I found out Flagellation doesn't allow you to have an extra curse on enemies, it's an extra curse on yourself. Meaning mobs can put two diferent curses on you.

Sucks but it's what it does.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Editado por útlima vez por Majad en 28 sept. 2016 20:25:39
"
Majad escribió:
Btw, I remembered about cospri's will for the extra curse and chaos resistance and it seems like a good trade off so you can have enfeb and warlord's mark together.

I really don't think so. Trying to get RRRRRB on that full evasion chest could be pretty impossible.

"
Majad escribió:
As for the flasks, I don't use instant, yeah, but if I need to use them, I guess I gota change flasks then to Divine since it seems to have the biggest health gain.

Yes, I'm just a big fan of Halloweed because they need just 30 charges for 3 uses, so refill is faster. Divine needs 45 charges.

"
Majad escribió:
Going to be honest about the Blood Dance boots. I don't think it's worth it.

At least for me and the build I'm doing which seems to be a bit different (and I'm going to change it a bit further as I level and get more currency).

Right now, my mind set is gearing towards killing bosses the fastest, safest and reliable way. Blood Dance only gives charges on kill and most bosses don't have any minions on them, which makes these boots completely worthless in a lot of fights.

If you focus only on bosses, no doubt about it, the boots are not worthy. But, I think still is a general viable option for those who want to sustain a good clear speed not loosing so much on the way against bosses (loosing Violent Retaliation for FC is too much, but just life from boots, could be an acceptable tradeoff).

"
Majad escribió:
"
Mirakool escribió:
He changed the build so that you don't need the block from Anvil's anymore. You get the other ascendancy point because most bosses can't bleed.

I know and I picked that ascendancy skill but with 4% block from anvil I don't need two jewel sockets with 1% block on each. Which means I can save up an extra 2 skill points for important damage nodes before I focus on jewels.

With this 4% block anvil, it allowed me to have extra 5 skill points for damage nodes instead of putting them on two jewel sockets and on Command of Steel.

Using 6L+Aegis, You loose 4% chance to block from BoR, so yes, with a beautiful corrupted Anvil with +4% block you're fine and you don't need any extra block from jewels or tree. But, about those two jewel sockets, is not just for the block chance, still not needing that +1% block extra, you got really great stats from jewels like life and damage and probably will be worthy to maintain that two jewels instead of trying to pick other damage nodes.
"
squ1shed escribió:
How much of an upside is there to re-rolling my current Soul Taker? Does it make that much of a difference?

Having an almost perfect roll on Soul Taker is a big difference imo. Just for reference, I spend around 1.5 ex at the very beginning of the league for the one posted on forum (on gear section).
"
Chopper2013 escribió:
Great guide and build! It has by far been my best starting character in poe to date. The only question I have is, why is there no complete passive tree in the guide? Every one I see has 12 points to assign.

Thanks! Really great to read that!

Because truth is that I never level a character beyond level 91/92. And I feel like having a tree near level 90 is more real about your final char stats than presenting a level 100 tree with huge stats that almost nobody will ever try to reach.

If you want to think beyond posted tree, 5 points to Tireless for extra life.
"
Freez3r escribió:
guys is this build tanky enough for uber lab and t13+ ? ( Hardcore )

other melee builds have way more life :d

I don't play HC, so I'm not comfortable answering this. But you will see a lot of replies about people playing this build on HC and his opinions. Seems that works pretty good.

About Izaro, you will find some comments on page 52.

What I can tell you, is that with some practice and good flask usage plus gear changes posted on "Maps from Tier 1 to Tier 16 & Boss fights Tips" section, almost all maps could be done deathless. I'm pretty satisfied being able to do a corrupted Core deathless. And you will find a lot of people replies about dealing with Guardians and highest tier maps.
@spartacusbringerofrain:

Long ago, I tried a variant of this build using Abyssus. I went in a different direction about picking the weapon. I decided to use Doryani's Catalyst because stats and most important, take advantage of Galvanic Hammer for some extra crit stats, plus Disemboweling. Just wanna share this, in case has any use to you.

Edit: Or perhaps go with Varunastra and pick Twin Terrors which is really close to Deadly Dilettante area (and some life near too).
Editado por útlima vez por mas_mariano en 29 sept. 2016 5:07:05
"
mas_mariano escribió:
@spartacusbringerofrain:

Long ago, I tried a variant of this build using Abyssus. I went in a different direction about picking the weapon. I decided to use Doryani's Catalyst because stats and most important, take advantage of Galvanic Hammer for some extra crit stats, plus Disemboweling. Just wanna share this, in case has any use to you.

Edit: Or perhaps go with Varunastra and pick Twin Terrors which is really close to Deadly Dilettante area (and some life near too).

Here's my current passive tree for dw test.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAAGAdwEswUtBosJWAomC2EMcw2NEdUTTBRxFewV9hfhG60g4yFgI_Ykmyb4KCoppTB3Mgk1kjXvOu08LUCgQXRDMUSeRrdHfkp9TP9Nkk4qTjJQR1O7V5dZ_luvX9pgQWJ5Y3BkUmVNZ5toZWjybEZs2G87cmxyqXTxdqx343gNeu-BQYIHg1-DzITZh3aK8ItPkn2S95Vml3mYb6IAo4qpbq4-r2yxs7Xytz65Hb02vni-p7_VwBrBi8GjxBXE9sauypDPftNv0_zYvdl826fcI-Jh45_kUeXP6UbqGO4O7w7wH_Pd9zL3TfgC-Ov8xf4K?accountName=spartacusbringerofrain&characterName=EssentialSC

Might actually be good if i pump more block chance from jewels. DPS is just insane, my testing boss Dominus 2nd phase from t14 palace was killed in 1.5-2s! I tried some t12-t15 and it was great except that certain monster packs can literally kill you before you see it coming. When it comes to T16, boss battles are like this "there's random chance that x and y will kill you". I did minotaur, and almost for sure you have to die at least once. I killed him in like 15-20s. Sick, just sick. So, in my opinion it's not viable if you don't want to die. No matter what skills and pots are you using, abyssus is killing you randomly. That's really lame because i like it. I tried BoR version as well, extra block is awesome and i can swap rumi for something else, but i don't think that crit build is viable with BoR, so when i was non crit it wasn't worth it. With better gear (this is just my 1h+shield setup, better specialized jewels for dual wield and experiment with auras i think it can be done. But now, i'm going back to original 1h+shield version. Already sold 6l armor (and i actually profit 1ex from it lol). Rigwald's Command with Axe (obvious choice is ST) is just great combo imo, i didn't try any other combinations because i didn't want to burn more currency on this test. But it was good i believe.
Editado por útlima vez por spartacusbringerofrain en 29 sept. 2016 6:54:28

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional