[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
djnat escribió:

You need at least the merciless lab to get the second start (from witch tree) because it requires 5 ascendancy points spent to get Path of the Witch.

Thanks. I've understood. This is my first Scion.
Hi Nat

like before we have in 3.0 enfeabel, temporal chains and vulna. How u can have 3 curses?
"
Nazaara escribió:
Hi Nat

like before we have in 3.0 enfeabel, temporal chains and vulna. How u can have 3 curses?

As a Scion, you can have 2 curses, enfeeble and temp chains.

As a Witch, thanks to the malediction ascendancy, you can have 3 curses and add vulnerability.

You can also spend an insane amount of currencies and get a +1 curse presence of Chayula as a Scion, but it's not worth its expensive cost at all.

Vulnerability is a very weak multiplier @ endgame bosses and the only place where I found it good is if you want to farm Poorjoy's asylums.

I use witchfire brew on my standard Scion only because it's legacy and with a perfect roll. In a new league witchfire has been nerfed to the ground, so I'd use a regular stibnite flask like I advised to do in the main post of this guide.
"
djnat escribió:
"
danireySvQ91 escribió:
I want to test this build on harbinguer league, how about leveling guide? I want to know how to level tree on lower lvls (lvl 30, lvl 50, lvl 70 trees?) and any help for to leveling is nice too ^^.

I have to arrange a leveling guide for Oriath, since leveling is a lot harder than before now.

I suppose you can level as life based until you reach a comfortable ES pool to switch CI (it's pretty easy to get decent ES low level items now) - then you just continue leveling as CI until you can afford a Shav and can go low life.

I am quite busy with the new league, when I get some time I'll update a leveling guide for this new ED 3.0 build. :)

Sorry for the late reply, thanks so much for the Witch variant for HC - as others have pointed out a leveling guide will be amazing - the issue I (and I think others) I'm having is that with these new leagues currency is scarce.

I would LOVE a Life-based build, but unsure if you'll get time. All I can find are MoM-Life Shadow's but have always taken your word as gospel. ATM I'm stuck wanting to play ED but with not much direction - I'll never see a Shav's in HC Harbringer thats for sure.

Maybe ED 3.0 has gone from being cheap (I loved your Trickster Talis build - quick and cheap) to being too expensive for 'starters'?
Can't wait for a leveling guide for this.

I want to start a new Scion and this is the only build that really peaks my interest. I am not a veteran player so not sure how to level it.
What do you think of allelopathy as a boost to single target dps, along with 1-2 spreading rot jewels? the glove links affect blight and im not sure if this is right but "take" (from the jewels) is a more multiplier right, so it would potentially mean 50% more chaos damage taken?

Edit: damage taken on condition isn't a more multiplier, its just increased. my bad.
Editado por útlima vez por Aevra en 7 ago. 2017 13:54:20
Thank you for the build! I just made it through the whole game in SSF and am about to start maps. The build worked very well for me while leveling using a combination of both life and energy shield for survival. It was only in act 9/10 that all the energy shield bonuses really started to stack up so I started to focus more in that direction. CI did not seem worth grabbing though because I still had enough life to survive chaos damage (1.5k life, 3k+ ES).

I ran into some difficulties balancing having enough non-reserved mana and mana regen to cast spells while leveling. My solution to this was to get more of the aura nodes mainly for less reserved but this led to a bigger issue, having more mana than I could use since no two curses yet. I think I should have moved some of the aura nodes into life or ES because I ended up dying to the A10 spectral throw mobs. The build worked well against the final boss, I did die a few times but I spent no effort optimizing my build first and also did not finish the lab to get trickster yet. With some effort I think the build could easily drop him.

I went ahead and dropped out of SSF for mapping with friends and to help optimize my gear with trading. I may have to pick up CI so I can go heavier into ES until I hopefully can find/get Shav's Wrappings.
Editado por útlima vez por BrakusBrazen en 7 ago. 2017 22:14:59
"
Aevra escribió:
What do you think of allelopathy as a boost to single target dps, along with 1-2 spreading rot jewels? the glove links affect blight and im not sure if this is right but "take" (from the jewels) is a more multiplier right, so it would potentially mean 50% more chaos damage taken?

Edit: damage taken on condition isn't a more multiplier, its just increased. my bad.

The gloves can be a nice damage boost but we have to factor some things into the global calculations:

1. You have to fit 2 blight jewels into the passive tree, this means a loss of ES (16%) and damage stats.

2. The gloves have no resistances and low ES, so you would lose pretty high ES compared to better rare gloves and have to fit your resistance elsewhere to get overcapped for Ele weakness red maps.

1. and 2. together account for a 700+ ES loss.

3. Blight's debuff stacks additively with Wither, Vaal LT and eventually Vulnerability debuff.

So, in an ideal scenario at a boss, you would have (without factoring bosses' chaos resistance in the calculations):

- Let's say 100k ED damage tooltip over time
- 140% increased from 20 Wither stacks
- 15% from the shock of Vaal LT

Effective 255k ED damage tooltip over time.

If you add the 50% from the double Blight jewel, you have a final 305k ED damage tooltip over time, plus the damage done by Blight itself.

At this point there is a decision to be made.

If you apply Blight to a totem, you lose Wither. The damage output is superior with the Blight totem, but only in static fights. Mobile bosses (or bosses which kill your totem frequently) can be a real pain, because Wither totem can apply the debuff from a great distance, Blight totem has to be a lot nearer to affect the target.

If you cast Blight itself, you have to keep in mind that its base hinder duration is 0.8 seconds. With our duration passives, the 2 jewels, BotC and the gloves, it is boosted to 2.56 seconds. This means that selfing cast Blight forces you to refresh the hinder debuff by Blight itself every 2.56 seconds (a bit more if a a full effect Temp Chains is on the target).

This results in an abomination of a gameplay, which I don't really advise.

@BrakusBrazen: thanks for the feedback, I will consider all of your leveling experience when I deploy the full leveling guide!

@Deathlythoughts: as I already said in the thread, I am not evaluating life based builds for ED, because their damage would be far too weak for my standards, especially after the deletion of poison mechanics and double dipping, which largely impacted ED's single target damage.

As to the cost, look at the prices of Cloak of Defiance (the body armour which is the best to play life + MoM) and Shavronne's wrappings. In softcore, they are not dramatically different. And ES gear price in general has gone down a LOT.
Editado por útlima vez por djnat en 15 ago. 2017 4:02:39
Ty for the Build so far i enjoy it! I have some questions and would appreciate if you can answer them for me. :)

What Perks should i pick from Pantheon?

Have you done Uber Atziri without Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact with this Build?

Im playing this build as a Occulist and i can already use 2 Curses. (Enfeeble, Temp Chains)
Do i need Whisper of Doom to apply the Third Curse from the Flask Witchfire Brew?
If not is it worth to go for 3 Curses or can i skip Whispers of Doom ?
Editado por útlima vez por Seriously12x en 8 ago. 2017 10:53:35
Ghost reaver and Vaal pact are useless for Essence Drain, since the majority of its damage is a DoT and DoTs cannot leech at all.

I have done all the content in the game with this build.

The only thing which is impossible to do with ED is Halls of The Grandmasters, because there are a lot of champions who are chaos-inoculation specced and therefore they are immune to chaos damage.

As to pantheons, I am still evaluating them. I'll post an update when I figure out the best ones for this build.

And yes, to apply the third curse from Witchfire Brew you need the Whispers of doom node.

As a Witch Occultist, going for the third curse is a good option because you have the +1 from the Malediction ascendancy. It's pretty unnoticeable at endgame bosses, but it's fine for mapping purposes.
Editado por útlima vez por djnat en 8 ago. 2017 11:22:19

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional