[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Im currently leveling at 32. I feel powerless. Taking some time to take down mobs and magic and rare monsters i just skip as it takes ages.

Currently leveling with rain of arrows and flametotem. I found roa has more dps than firestorm although i don't really have links going on.

What can i link with flametotem/firestorm/roa to help me increase my dps? I feel like leveling this is a hard slog
What you think about EA + GMP + Fire Pen + Inc Area + Lesser Dur / Faster Proj + Faster Attacks / Slower Proj . Which are the better 2 out of the last 4 gems and why ?

For single target EA + Fire Pen + Conc Effect + Lesser Dur / Empower + Faster Att / Slower Proj + Faster Proj / Chance to Ignite . Again out of the last 6 gems the best 3 are ? And why .

And why not using Carcass Jack for more Aoe and res. and switch to Kaom for bosses , Doryani's Invi belt for fire dmg , Winds of change gloves for more dmg ? Pls explain why not use these items ? Thx in advance .

Really nice build like it alot :)
Editado por útlima vez por tyrem en 8 mar. 2016 17:09:53
This is how I leveled
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hxFJ6TbONxw

Flame dash, fire trap, flammability, and flame surge were my main skills.
Throw those in dual +1 fire scepters with other supports and your good.
Switch to flameblast + Fire pen + Faster casting with dual mana pots and a decoy totem and you're set until you switch to EA.
I didn't use flame totem that often since the clear speed isn't that great when it's low level.
"
foojin escribió:
"
Ryuri_yamamoto escribió:
"
foojin escribió:
What do you guys think of this take on the passive tree?
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQHcA3UEswUtBg4J9gxfDc0OPBQgFHEWbxhWGjgabBynHM4c3CSqJbwnLyftKPorUC5TMtE1kjbpPAU8LT38QYdDMUVHRtdHflOlVkhXKVhjWHdZ81oaXwRfP2VNZlRoZWh0aPJvO3GFcg9yqXTtdct2rHfjeA15aIIHgpuCx4Nfg8yE2YzPjX6PGpBVkSuUb5SgmK2aO52un9-iAKcIqW6sqq-nsUK18rc-t7a4k702vqfAGsBmwQTDM8T2xq7PftNv1HzYJNhN2L3ZfNpi2rnawdtP37_gw-Nq6hjqYuvu7w7vfPAf8932SPcy-Ov56P4K_lQ=

This compared to a what more regular build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQN1A5YEswYOCfYMXw3NDjwUIBRxFm8YVhhdGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzOHNwkqiW8Jy8n7Sj6KS4rUDH7MtE1kjbpOuE7KDwFPC09_EGHRUdG11BHU6VWSFcNVylYY1h3WfNfBF8_YENmVGhlaHRo8m49cYVyD3vDfLh_44IHgpuCx4MJg1-DzIV7jM-PGpBVkSuUb5SgmK2aO5tdna6f36IAplenCKiarY2t8a-nsUK3PriTvoDAZsRYxPbGrs9-0iHUfNgk2E3Yvdlh2XzaYtq520_fv-DD42rr7uw47w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kXyl_Ob9kj56P4K_lQ=

Though with the last tree it might be enough resists to use essene worm which seems really nice.

Going for the duelist part there is really suboptimal , you have to travel a lot so you lose a bunch of points for nothing much really

Did you compare the trees in the offline planner? I don't think it matters that much. But I'll gladly be proven wrong if that helps making up my mind about this.

Gains: +1 frenzy, +hp, more proj dmg, more regen, no MS penalty
Loose: Some AS/MS, accuracy, resists, %armor, 8% reduction skill cost
Same: %life / jewels

Can anyone tell me how much more dmg elemental overload gives? Indication? Thinkking of this vs RT.

Don't get me wrong , probably it would work it's just not very optimal . I , myself , started with a tree very similar to yours but I just got around it because its simply not worth it.

But I will leave facts instead of subjective observations.

You mention in those gains '+hp' , do you know why that build path has more hp than the base one? Because it has 100 strengh more than the other tree meaning the flat hp stat being higher of course .

This means that the build is very intense in pathing , thus having much less the important nodes you want and more base stats (str, int , dex) . To be fair 40 points of strengh come from Master of the Arena and the other from the (very good node but not for this build) Art of the gladiator , meaning you still have 60 points of str lying around in pathing.

An addicional frenzy charge if you are going scion berserker/raider won't be that good as people may think , 10% chance on kill is a good chance but you NEED max stacks for onslaught, meaning you dont want that many charges so you can maxout fast , I think 4 charges is good , 5 charges might be rough to keep them at maximum , and believe me that this makes your mapping much less smooth in some ways.

But even without that in consideration a frenzy charge isn't that big of a bonus 4% attck spd and 4% more dmg , good but overrated .

Want to know something that will change your life? Kaom's heart's base is glorious plate, therefore it has no movement speed penalty associated, meaning the node is useless, yeh awesome I know .

I will list the gains and losses now ,again , this is really minmaxing , but again this build is so good already we can only optimize it:

Gains: +1 frenzy and 18% durat, 100 str, 30% proj dmg, 1% regen , 9% life , 20 acc rating
Loose: 14% AS, 11% MS, 20% accuracy, 15% resists, 72%%armor(really big), 8% reduction skill cost
Same: jewels
"
tyrem escribió:
What you think about EA + GMP + Fire Pen + Inc Area + Lesser Dur / Faster Proj + Faster Attacks / Slower Proj . Which are the better 2 out of the last 4 gems and why ?

For single target EA + Fire Pen + Conc Effect + Lesser Dur / Empower + Faster Att / Slower Proj + Faster Proj / Chance to Ignite . Again out of the last 6 gems the best 3 are ? And why .

And why not using Carcass Jack for more Aoe and res. and switch to Kaom for bosses , Doryani's Invi belt for fire dmg , Winds of change gloves for more dmg ? Pls explain why not use these items ? Thx in advance .

Really nice build like it alot :)

Forget faster proj or faster attacks , they don't fit here .
Less duration is the best of the four though, by a lot with slower proj behind.

For the single target it's pretty close, you can use all but faster attack and faster proj , all the other are good options.

Kaom's is the undisputed best chest for this build, you will have insane amounts of life% and the fire damage is also nice, carcass is not bad if you have one lying around, but otherwise... don't bother .
Don't waste a unique slot with winds unless you don't have something better , please take in account that the OP's choice for items is pretty end-tier and optimized , there is very little room for improvement there so yeah .
"
wichtounet escribió:
Hi,

Thanks for this build :)

I just started an MF version of it on Perandus with this stuff:

Spoiler

I just wanted to use this build to start the league, but it is really better than I would have thought. The single-target DPS is a bit lacking, but that may be because I only have a 4L setup (not counting IIR).

I may go for a 6L, but not sure about that. I'll also try EO since it seems that it is a good DPS increase.

Single Target is lacking because you do not have a single target setup. Probllem there is you will not beable to use IIR gem with it because it uses ignite.
"
Ryuri_yamamoto escribió:
"
foojin escribió:
"
Ryuri_yamamoto escribió:

------------
Foojin:
What do you guys think of this take on the passive tree?
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQHcA3UEswUtBg4J9gxfDc0OPBQgFHEWbxhWGjgabBynHM4c3CSqJbwnLyftKPorUC5TMtE1kjbpPAU8LT38QYdDMUVHRtdHflOlVkhXKVhjWHdZ81oaXwRfP2VNZlRoZWh0aPJvO3GFcg9yqXTtdct2rHfjeA15aIIHgpuCx4Nfg8yE2YzPjX6PGpBVkSuUb5SgmK2aO52un9-iAKcIqW6sqq-nsUK18rc-t7a4k702vqfAGsBmwQTDM8T2xq7PftNv1HzYJNhN2L3ZfNpi2rnawdtP37_gw-Nq6hjqYuvu7w7vfPAf8932SPcy-Ov56P4K_lQ=

This compared to a what more regular build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQN1A5YEswYOCfYMXw3NDjwUIBRxFm8YVhhdGS4aOBo-GmwcpxzOHNwkqiW8Jy8n7Sj6KS4rUDH7MtE1kjbpOuE7KDwFPC09_EGHRUdG11BHU6VWSFcNVylYY1h3WfNfBF8_YENmVGhlaHRo8m49cYVyD3vDfLh_44IHgpuCx4MJg1-DzIV7jM-PGpBVkSuUb5SgmK2aO5tdna6f36IAplenCKiarY2t8a-nsUK3PriTvoDAZsRYxPbGrs9-0iHUfNgk2E3Yvdlh2XzaYtq520_fv-DD42rr7uw47w7vfPAf8azyL_JB8kXyl_Ob9kj56P4K_lQ=

Though with the last tree it might be enough resists to use essene worm which seems really nice.
------------

Ryuri_yamamoto:
Going for the duelist part there is really suboptimal , you have to travel a lot so you lose a bunch of points for nothing much really

Did you compare the trees in the offline planner? I don't think it matters that much. But I'll gladly be proven wrong if that helps making up my mind about this.

Gains: +1 frenzy, +hp, more proj dmg, more regen, no MS penalty
Loose: Some AS/MS, accuracy, resists, %armor, 8% reduction skill cost
Same: %life / jewels

Can anyone tell me how much more dmg elemental overload gives? Indication? Thinkking of this vs RT.

Don't get me wrong , probably it would work it's just not very optimal . I , myself , started with a tree very similar to yours but I just got around it because its simply not worth it.

But I will leave facts instead of subjective observations.

You mention in those gains '+hp' , do you know why that build path has more hp than the base one? Because it has 100 strengh more than the other tree meaning the flat hp stat being higher of course .

This means that the build is very intense in pathing , thus having much less the important nodes you want and more base stats (str, int , dex) . To be fair 40 points of strengh come from Master of the Arena and the other from the (very good node but not for this build) Art of the gladiator , meaning you still have 60 points of str lying around in pathing.

An addicional frenzy charge if you are going scion berserker/raider won't be that good as people may think , 10% chance on kill is a good chance but you NEED max stacks for onslaught, meaning you dont want that many charges so you can maxout fast , I think 4 charges is good , 5 charges might be rough to keep them at maximum , and believe me that this makes your mapping much less smooth in some ways.

But even without that in consideration a frenzy charge isn't that big of a bonus 4% attck spd and 4% more dmg , good but overrated .

Want to know something that will change your life? Kaom's heart's base is glorious plate, therefore it has no movement speed penalty associated, meaning the node is useless, yeh awesome I know .

I will list the gains and losses now ,again , this is really minmaxing , but again this build is so good already we can only optimize it:

Gains: +1 frenzy and 18% durat, 100 str, 30% proj dmg, 1% regen , 9% life , 20 acc rating
Loose: 14% AS, 11% MS, 20% accuracy, 15% resists, 72%%armor(really big), 8% reduction skill cost
Same: jewels

Awesome reply thanks allot.

- Koam's > I didn't knew that it doesn't have a movement penalty, so that is nice to learn :)

- Frenzy charge > I also use blood dance so I get to the max quicker. Also you get 18% more duration for charges.

- Armor is 'only' 48% as there is a 24% EV/AR node.

Having that said I still feel it's a toss up between the two trees. I'm curious if I can manage to get the 'duelist' version working with so many uniques (koam / devo / blood dance / quiver) and still cap resists. Right now I use some jewels\head\belly in chest to get there, but then my rings\amu\belt\boots aren't up to par. Still it will be hard.

As Ascendant, I was able to drop Blood Dance. I'm res capped with just gloves, boots, belt, and amulet. I even picked up an amulet with +fire dam.

Using the rings make me feel.. Jank.. but I'm not sure what other unique boots/gloves/rings/belt/amulet would be better.

All of my jewels are Life and Damage.

My upgrade list consists of better jewels and a 6L quill. The rares can have a bit higher armor/life/res obviously. Any other advice?

IGN: dwreckedarc
Hi in 4 link for aoe what wil be bether fire pen or less duration ? i think aboute drop fire pen since with EE i got nice anyway and less duration give nice dps bost now ?
"
mmogamr escribió:
Any other advice?

I would advice you to level enfeeble and temp chains to 13, since your cwdt 10 can support it :)
other than that i like your links.

you have no resistances on jewels?
mind sharing your tree? im using 1 item more than you to cap my res and im barely capped and some of the res rolls on your items arent even high. just curious.

--

i specced into EO today and i think i like it.

i got a total of +59 ACC on my gear and im at 81% hitchance.
so EO and RT both costs us 2 points. we need to spend +4 points for the accuracy (~10% hitchance around my level 83)
so what do we get for those 4 points?

some dex, some int - meh
8% reduced mana cost of skills - meh
10% attack speed - good
3% movement speed - i love movement speed
40% MORE damage
~20% change to miss (WITHOUT ACC ON GEAR)

been running some t9-t10 maps with this and i think it's worth even without acc on gear. some acc would obviously be even better.

EO uptime is not quite 100%, even when nonstop fighting, sometimes it just drops out (which could be a result of having only 81% hitchance). but it's relatively reliable.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional