[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

to the previous question - discipline more than aa, and aa more than blasphemy, i would self cast warlords or put it on curse on hit linked to orb of storms - oos is amazing for coh and also will trigger your ele overload all the time.
I wanted to let everyone know a change ive made thats worked well - ive been comparing this guide to kelvyns "elezerker dual curse" recently. obviously the big difference is he uses controlled destruct over faster cast. personally the cast speed running like this feels to gimp, despite it obviously working exceptionally well for him. however its undeniable that controlled D is HUGE damage. so what i did is move 3 points into the cast speed nodes (those points were previously in the witch aoe nodes) , got cast speed on 3 of my flex rare jewels and put controlled destruct in for faster cast. i now have the exact same cast speed as i did with faster cast, and much much much more damage as controlled destruct offers much more dps than those nodes i gave up. if you have an exact replica of this guides tree you will have to pull the 3 from somewhere else, i had them in the witch aoe nodes bc im sort of a hybrid between this tree and the other version.
"
skuterpie escribió:
Is it more important to run discipline or AA. Without discipline I have 6500 ES. I am unable to run all 3 right now. Until I can afford a lvl 3 enlighten which of the 2 should I run?

I've been playing without AA for a while and it works just fine. The always-on Leech is much stronger than some damage reduction, IMO. You're just not always gonna be able to throw a curse out in the heat of battle, and the leech is a very important part of your survivability. Not to mention that the Warlord's Mark stun component is very underrated - unless the map is stun-immune, you're gonna be stunlocking a LOT of packs. I do keep an AA leveled and socketed for Atziri and curse-immune maps, though.
Editado por útlima vez por Won7on en 13 abr. 2016 0:40:02
Seen the new 4% Int jewel in 2.2.2? Works out to about 50 Int off 1300. Seems like something we'd want to use.
awww man just looked at the patch notes for that jewel YOU HAVE to WIN the daily labyrinth race to get one .... so upsetting =(
Editado por útlima vez por muddzlinga en 13 abr. 2016 21:24:02
Hi!

I've been using this build to level up & it's pretty fun - I was quite new at PoE when i started this build but its been nice sofar - Level 64 now :)

I noticed you had some passive points left (not a lot of them) in the tree you put in the original post.

Near Faith & Steel you put in a STR to INT jewel. I spent 3 more passive points going down from there, putting 1 in the extra str, 1 in life & 1 in devotion.

This makes the STR to INT jewel go from its original 40 STR to INT, to 70 STR to INT, While also giving you 15% max HP.

I'm not playing HC so I'm considering dropping getting unwavering stance, so you can further get the 2 other STR nodes in that area to make the jewel go from 70 to 90 STR to INT.

Thoughts?
"
Exxaxl escribió:
Hi!

I've been using this build to level up & it's pretty fun - I was quite new at PoE when i started this build but its been nice sofar - Level 64 now :)

I noticed you had some passive points left (not a lot of them) in the tree you put in the original post.

Near Faith & Steel you put in a STR to INT jewel. I spent 3 more passive points going down from there, putting 1 in the extra str, 1 in life & 1 in devotion.

This makes the STR to INT jewel go from its original 40 STR to INT, to 70 STR to INT, While also giving you 15% max HP.

I'm not playing HC so I'm considering dropping getting unwavering stance, so you can further get the 2 other STR nodes in that area to make the jewel go from 70 to 90 STR to INT.

Thoughts?

So you'd spent 3 passive points to get 10 int, 6% max life and 20 int + 8% max life + 3% aura effectiveness. For a life-version (basically leveling phase for those following this build) this is quite good stats for 3 points. Even though at those levels most of us have already (or are about to) spec to CI, which effectively makes any benefits from life-related stuff only effect you getting stunned less (if you don't have stun immunity).

Now, if you are not planning on taking CI at all, Unwavering stance is not really needed either. It is beneficial to some extent, but nowhere near mandatory and the passive points would be better spent on something else. For this kind of change in the build, there are some things to consider:
1) Without CI you need to take care of chaos damage some other way.
2) (if you are life based) You will either lose benefits from high int in form of ES% or
3) (if you are ES + life based) You will not get full benefits from (instant) leech as you either have no ES regen in fights or might have serious issues with chaos damage as you have no leech to counter it
hey,
what are good echantments mods for this build?
"
Hiridur escribió:

Now, if you are not planning on taking CI at all, Unwavering stance is not really needed either. It is beneficial to some extent, but nowhere near mandatory and the passive points would be better spent on something else. For this kind of change in the build, there are some things to consider:
1) Without CI you need to take care of chaos damage some other way.
2) (if you are life based) You will either lose benefits from high int in form of ES% or
3) (if you are ES + life based) You will not get full benefits from (instant) leech as you either have no ES regen in fights or might have serious issues with chaos damage as you have no leech to counter it

I am lvl 94 now and I did play hybrid life/ES up to lvl 90 until I got skyforth and decent ES gear to reach 10k+ ES.
You wont do as much damage, but imho hybrid is better than going CI early with 6-8k ES, especially if you get chaos res on your gear.
I had 3.5k life, 7.5k ES snd -60%chaos res with vaal pact/ghost reaver, 1% ES regen from scion-occultist and instant life flasks (bubbling).
I would recommend a lot more chaos res and/or more life compared to ES, but even without buying specific hybrid gear and -60% chaos res it is doable if you know what to do.

At some point you really want to go CI though
Editado por útlima vez por azraelb en 19 abr. 2016 11:41:29
"
hayabusa92 escribió:
hey,
what are good echantments mods for this build?

Helmet:
I got 100% increased flame golem buff. It is decent, but nothing really ground breaking. (unless it would double the bonus from elementalist too, but I dont want to respecc to elementalist to try it)

Imho best would be 30% increased warlords mark effect or reduced AA reservation

Boots:
Either life/mana leech or movement speed

Gloves:
I really like Decree of Reflection (create a copy of yourself). It wont do damage, but it is nice as decoy.
Didnt get Decree of Flames or Inferno yet, but cold damage ones are useless because of avatar of fire.
Dont really like the one that leaves chilled ground either as your main skill already does a lot of chilled ground.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional