[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
_Gaia_ escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Right after switching from FC to perma-CE, the change in the casting rhythm felt pretty big. But I adjusted very quickly and have no problem with it now.

The thing is, you already use CE for boss fights, i.e. where the mobility matters the most. So you have to adjust to it anyway. May as well adjust once and for all.
I tried it, but I still prefer Faster Casting over CE for map clearing :D I like to cast/move fast mannnnn.
However I've been thinking of getting those AOE nodes actually, because the radius of Blasphemy curse is kinda small for my taste (like half the screen only, while I prefer to hit mobs a bit further for some safety). Although I'm not sure how helpful 20% increase AoE is.
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Just for Uber Atziri? The regular one is trivial for me with this gear already. As I mentioned, switching to high level CWDT+IC with WM aura completely trivialized the Trio fight. And for Atziri herself I use these flasks:

and they are more than enough. I'm yet to use up even half of their charges on the regular Atziri, so it's mostly overgearing in preparation for Uber. I think it will be enough for it too. Hard to check, with the amount of grind or currency required to try Uber.

Yah, I mostly thinking of Uber, cause it's HC, ya know.... You only live once :( 2 extra seconds of flask might save you at some point.

AoE nodes are good in either case. They make the map clearing faster with our without perma-CE. They help a whole lot against non-static bosses (i.e. most of them). And they extend the WM aura. 1 extra jewel socket can't add nearly as much. So I consider trading that socket near GR for the AoE nodes a done deal in 2.1.

Uber in HC? Haha! I dunno if I'd dare to even try that. It's a one-off achievement anyway, so I wouldn't consider as a factor in a mainstream build such as this one. But please do post if you actually manage that. It will deserve all the praise and bragging rights.
"
Dstry escribió:
Care to share a build?

My 2.1 version of this build is detailed in these posts:
Gear and basic ideas/improvements (although I later dropped improvement #3 and re-adjusted the tree)
High level CWDT+IC rocks
Lv 94 update and Izaro's

I did some gem optimizations on top of that:

(no, Vaal Discipline is not triggered by CWDT, it's just there for Inc Duration)

"
Dstry escribió:
Running Warlord's as an Aura using blasphemy?

Yes. Every mob nearby is automatically cursed and supplies me with double life leech, mana leech and endurance charges. Even the bosses. Even Atziri (Blasphemy is not reflectable!)

For curse immune maps just swap WM aura for lv 20 Clarity (Blasphemy out, Clarity in). Still fine, just not as awesome as WM aura, have to be more careful, and this doesn't combine well with -regen or +reflect mods. If it's -curse +reflect then instead of Clarity use Purity of Fire (WM out, PoF in). But double/triple inconvenient mods are extreme cases. This is not an all-map build anyway, CI can't do Blood Magic by design. But with WM aura we can do No Regen! (bring mana flasks). Basically, after Blood Magic (just reroll), the 2nd most annoying mods for this build are curse immunity, ele reflect, and zero regen, but they are doable as long as you don't get all 3 of them together.

"
Out of curiosity, how do u sustain artic armour,hearld of ice, and discipline with no clarity. I have pretty much ur same setup and I don't nearly have that much regen

I don't use Herald of Ice. It's a small dps improvement not worth sacrificing that much mana. We don't even do cold damage and therefore don't use the cold explosion part of HoI.

My auras are Discipline, AA and Blasphemy WM. It does require Enlighten, and I currently have lv 3, but started using this setup at lv 2 and it was already working. I have 265 unreserved mana with 111 WI cost (with perma-CE). Lv 2 Enlighten would still give you enough mana for 2 WI casts. Even more if you prefer FC for trash clearing.

Most of the mana regen is supplied by the WM aura. 2nd source is Rallying Cry which is your own Clarity + dps buff. And of course 2x Perandus Signets are huge. I very rarely hear "I have nothing more to give" even in -regen maps.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 18 ene. 2016 17:37:04
How much INTELIGENCE do u have ?
Lets say this isnt the build for my play style what can i branch this off into with out a full respec?
was having a lot of fun but ripped to Shav's reflect in about 2 seconds by pre casting around her
Hi guys,

first of all, sry when I write or read something wrong,
but english is not my mother tongue.

I tried to read most of the 37 sites, but in the end I didn´t really
catch an answer about the new Skyforth Sorcerer Boots !?
I know they have not that much ES and no Resists and they are extremely
expensive at the moment, but would they not help this build greatly ?

What I understand - the stun problem would be gone without going down
to US - and that would give us at least 7 points for something else, or
am I missing something completly !?

Hope you guys out there who played that build quit a lot allready,
will be able to help me with that question.

Thanks in advance,
Nagash

PS: Or is the price not worth the 7 points ?
Editado por útlima vez por Nágash en 20 ene. 2016 9:48:11
"
Frajhamster escribió:
How much INTELIGENCE do u have ?

1457 Int currently.

The original (and very expensive) version has 1620 Int as show on the 1st post screenshots. All-unique versions can reach above 2000 Int while sacrificing survivability and versatility.

Int is a tool, one of several used by this build. It gives you 3 things:

1. Icestorm damage: 1-3 base cold dmg per 10 Int, i.e. avg +1 base dmg per 5 Int. Which is then multiplied by all the Increased and MORE damage foci you get from gear, gems and tree nodes.

2. ES: 2% Increased ES per 10 Int, i.e. avg +1% per 5 Int. Our ES comes from 2 sources: a) gear, b) Discipline aura. It's then increased by the Int bonus and the bonuses from the tree nodes, and finally multiplied by 1.15 from the 15% MORE on the Infused Shield node.

3. Mana: 5 mana per 10 Int, i.e. avg 1 mana per 2 Int. Almost all of our mana is reserved by the auras, so it doesn't really matter if you have 1400 or 1700 Int for this purpose.

Maximizing Int is not a goal in itself. The goal is to have high dps and high survivability. You can trade some Int for +damage and +ES nodes. You should always consider how much this or that upgrade will affect your dps and ES. It's not a linear scale, but you can check it easily for your current setup by taking off 1 jewel: take out Izaro's and see how much dps you've lost, calculate what 1% increased spell dmg is really worth; take out Brute Force and see how much dps and ES you've lost, calculate what 1 Int is really worth. Then make decisions based on that knowledge.
"
Nágash escribió:
I tried to read most of the 37 sites, but in the end I didn´t really
catch an answer about the new Skyforth Sorcerer Boots !?
I know they have not that much ES and no Resists and they are extremely
expensive at the moment, but would they not help this build greatly ?

What I understand - the stun problem would be gone without going down
to US - and that would give us at least 7 points for something else, or
am I missing something completly !?

First of all, US is not 7 points but 5. The +30 Int node is fantastic, and the +10 Str leading to US are converted to +10 Int by the Brute Force jewel, except the last 4. So you are only spending 5 nodes that are not useful for this build to get stun immunity.

Now, Skyforth: insane price tag apart, what are you getting?

1. 30% movement speed, same as rare boots.
2. 60-120 mana, but nobody cares because our mana is reserved by percentage and we already have a huge raw mana pool from high Int.
3. Power charge on crit, no life regen - don't matter for this build.
4. 6% reduced mana reservation. Good if you need to run extra Purities. Doesn't really make a difference if you are only running 3 auras (Discipline and your 2 choices from AA, Blasphemy WM, PoF, HoI).
5. Stun threshold based on 500% mana, i.e. pretty much stun immunity for this build because our raw mana pool is very high. But for this build what you really get is 5 tree nodes to spend on something else. That is very nice!

What you lose (depending on how good your rare boots are):
- 1-2k ES
- 40-75 Int (don't forget that all gear Int is multiplied by WI and Perandus'es)
- 25-40% in two resists
I don't think you can get that from 5 tree nodes. Can you? That's the problem.

Now, if you were already using unique boots (Sin Trek) then you lose only Int and a little ES but gain 6% reduced mana reservation which will help you with the Purity auras you have to run because your resists need them. So for all-unique versions Skyforth is probably better than Sin Trek.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 21 ene. 2016 15:34:14
First off, thanks for the guide. I used it as a basis for what turned into my main this league and am loving it.

Question about gear. I've been using a Black Sun basically since I started using the WI. I've upgraded everything around it and am looking at some very high ES helms (which will also take care of some of my resist issues), but taking it off is going to cost me well over 100 Int, so losing damage, mana, and ES, so even putting on a pretty high end helm is only going to net me a few hundred ES, while losing a lot in other areas. Is it really worth the ES? With it, I know I'm running a bit low right now (just under 8k ES), it just seems like such a hit to take in so many areas.
What do you think of running one of rigwald's crest?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional