[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Greetings!

I have owed an update for awhile now. I will be redoing the first post and adjusting its format to reflect the current. Also, I will drop all of the other changes into their own subtabs.

@Stury - You can get the mana passives at the start, but that would take away the life regen nodes.

@Jurel - One item I had wanted I managed to get, and it basically breaks my build, was something with a +%mana on damage taken.
If I could have anything, it would be a perfect version of that guy. Otherwise, I suppose it would be possible to upgrade some of my gear, but it would be difficult to find.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
The latest beta tree puts Mind over Matter right in your path.

Just in case your build wasn't tanky enough already.

I can't see that helping, AedwyneofFolkstone.

Mind over Matter is, "when hit, 30% of damage is taken from mana before life".

For the Dy'Ness tank - or any ES/CI build - life does not take damage so long as the energy shield remains. So Mind over Matter ought logically not to apply until you have 1 life and 0 ES remaining, at which point whether you take 100% or 70% of incoming damage to life is irrelevant.

I haven't tested this, so I guess it might work otherwise, but going by its description MoM is utterly useless to CI builds.

---

The new Arctic Armour (25% reserved), however, might make a realistic alternative to the Empower (or possibly supplement to if more aura cost reduction is acquired) if it goes live in its current beta version. Taking 12-13% LESS fire and physical damage while stationary sounds pretty much ideal.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Editado por útlima vez por Pi2rEpsilon en 10 jun. 2015 10:38:16
I am currently leveling up a version in beta. I will test when CI becomes available to me. "Hit" seems kinda vague as to whether is means before or after ES.

If nothing else, it helps with the leveling process before you spec into CI, but I am currently only level 28, so I haven't gotten to CI yet.
Greetings!

Thank you for the feedback and the idea.
Yes, Mind over Matter would help in the leveling up process, until you get CI.

But, once you go CI, it becomes useless.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545810/page/1#p4929196
"
Mark_GGG escribió:
Currently, damage is taken from ES before life. Mind over Matter inserts Mana into that sequence just before life, for 30% of the damage.
So any non chaos damage you take is subtracted from ES first. When you have no ES, 70% of the remainder goes to life, while the other 30% is diverted to mana. When you run out of mana, no damage can be taken from there, and all will go to life.

But, in a way, it may improve survivability if you are not using a Shav ring or armor.
Allow the ES to absorb/regen most of the damage types, and keep a health pool available to absorb Chaos and any excess. Who knows. After the patch and getting my character's tree rebuilt, I may take CI off to see just how big of a life pool is left.

Also, new videos.
Corrupt 78 Map - Part 2 - Boss (3:40)
https://youtu.be/4IKEOVH3Ai0
Level 78 Courtyard Elemental Reflect Map of Hordes
http://youtu.be/-y2BItJhpSk (9:28)

~Dy'Ness
Editado por útlima vez por DyNess en 10 jun. 2015 17:54:42
Greetings!

I was asked about perfect gear of choice earlier, and I just thought of something... after checking up on a few builds.

Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre
With 100% increased Elemental Damage
Corrupted For:
1 Extra curse...
(If you have the item, please let me know the price.)

I would drop the frost wall for a temp chains.

I would probably switch the cwdt for my curse to a lower level, but to enfeeble & temp chain... it would most likely be worth the 10% elemental damage boost I would loose.

~Dy'Ness
Editado por útlima vez por DyNess en 11 jun. 2015 3:17:04
Sounds just awesome! I can't wait till I get 75+ to use it!

I'm level 54 with this build right now and I found I was over tanky and lacking dps up until the Gardens and Dominus on Cruel. Playing Duo with a buddy Tornado Shot Ranger. Clearing the zones was cake, until the Gardens and Dominus; where we got smashed like 10 times each before he died. Now starting Merciless, I am feeling squishy and weak on the dps still.

My resists are all close to even at around 75 % (130%). I'm not sure which nodes to focus on now. I don't feel I have enough ES (1800 w/ disc) to get CI yet, however chaos is just ripping me apart. Forcing me to chug pots and run (or get 1 shot. (My flask set up is terrible: HP,HP,mana, armour, qucksilver) I don't really need the mana pot, so thinking a resist pot.

As for dps... I just got 5L on a meh chest to give me Fs, Conc, SpEcho, MLeech, FPen
Everything else pretty much follows your updated gems. I can't use empower right now since it does not allow for Vit to be active with Disc running. I also think my CWDT were over leveled (10-12) so I backed them off to 8. Wondering what a good level for those are at this time.

Basically, I'm just wondering what you would suggest to improve tankiness (nodes and gear) and dps at this point.
Editado por útlima vez por Jurel en 12 jun. 2015 0:16:19
Hey Dy'Ness i have a few questions if you dont mind.
1.) im thinking about trying this build in the next league but most likely hybrid based, which would allow me to use blood magic gem and either reserve all my mana OR use mind over matter which would be another layer of defense when i would ran out of energy shield, do you think that would be worth doing?

2.) with how difficult it it's to get the shavs ring how viable it's this build without it?

3.)do you have any experience with how hard it is to get that ring in New leagues like if it's possible to get it if i farm the rings for it and chance orbs

Sorry for typos I'm on an iPad. Thanks!
Snowy ash drizzles from the sky.
"
DyNess escribió:
Greetings!

I was asked about perfect gear of choice earlier, and I just thought of something... after checking up on a few builds.

Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre
With 100% increased Elemental Damage
Corrupted For:
1 Extra curse...
(If you have the item, please let me know the price.)

I would drop the frost wall for a temp chains.

I would probably switch the cwdt for my curse to a lower level, but to enfeeble & temp chain... it would most likely be worth the 10% elemental damage boost I would loose.

~Dy'Ness

I'd just like to point out that this corruption is impossible : you can't get any corrupted implicit mod on any type of item. The extra Curse corrupted implicit can only appear on an amulet, not on any other type of items.
hi dyness,

Have you got the idea of your build based on a boss, or does the dev made a boss like you ?

Today i fought a "boss" during a zana mission on a map 69.
He had "cast molten shell", "cast firestorm", "increase fire dmg", "allies have energie shield". And same head and es skins.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional