{3.10} Speaker for the Dead | The Mass Minion Summoner | League Starter, Leveling Guide 💀

@ Viktorious1:
"
Viktorious1 escribió:
I don't think the Unending Hunger in your tree is getting to 40 intel in radius effect btw. Did you not know or don't care about soul eater? The intel passive under Cruel Prep isn't in it's radius. :(
It will however work in the passive socket just left of the RGB beginning circle where you pull down ascendancy.
I might throw a passive pt in the intel above where you have unending hunger so I can use both that and violent dead.

INT doesn't need to be allocated. Threshold jewels were changed a long time ago to only require those types of nodes to be in range, but you don't have to spend any points on them.

@ Alerean:
"
Alerean escribió:
I haven't got any elder gloves yet, but I'm looking into fossil crafting for when I do...does anyone have a good resource they use? I'm a bit confused by it.

Glove crafting
Fossil mods

@ MarkeMarke:
"
MarkeMarke escribió:
does "adds 22 to 43 fire damage" on claw fuck with the equlalibrium procc?

It'll cause Charged Dash to hit with both Fire and Lightning Damage, weakening both types and only strengthening Cold Damage. When Ball Lightning hits, it'll overwrite the previous EE, and when Charged Dash hits again it'll also overwrite and weaken Fire Damage again. They'll go back and forth like this, creating brief periods where Fire Damage is weakened. This won't matter if your minions do not deal any Fire Damage. You'd need the +1 Spectre boots to have a Solar Guard or a Shaper claw with Added Fire Damage Support as an affix giving Zombies and the Agony Crawler fire damage. These items are both tricky to get ahold of right now, so otherwise your minions are not dealing any Fire Damage and thus won't be hampered if EE weakens Fire Damage against the target.
Editado por útlima vez por Hercanic en 19 dic. 2018 19:11:46
Just has a minion ghastly jewel drop but it has "Minions deal # to # cold damage" will this mess up EE? Its a good jewel with life, and taunt and hinder on it so hopefully I can use it.
"
krut0n escribió:
Just has a minion ghastly jewel drop but it has "Minions deal # to # cold damage" will this mess up EE? Its a good jewel with life, and taunt and hinder on it so hopefully I can use it.

Minions are separate from you. They do not have your EE keystone, so you're the only one who can apply the debuff. That's why EE works so well for summoners.
Editado por útlima vez por Hercanic en 14 dic. 2018 23:23:55
Hey I was wondering how do we get the items that you posted on your guide?
"
Lexicon91 escribió:
Hey I was wondering how do we get the items that you posted on your guide?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade

Search and trade for similar items from other players. There is a trade guide inside the Shopping List section. This is by far the easiest and best solution.

Or craft your own with currency orbs and/or fossils. See the Crafting section under More Guides. Unique items can be made with Chance Orbs on the right base item.

Otherwise you have to rely on pure dumb luck for the items to drop.
The Holy relic is only for aesthetics it seems. Also for desecrate, I had to use some kind of weapon swap shenanigans. When I have herald and hatred on, I don't even have mana to raise a zombie.
Also, why is spirit offering a replacement to immortal call when it doesn't affect us without mistress of sacrifice which we don't take.
And the defence aspect is a little bit overhyped I think, you get hit you die. With all the cluster fucks going on on the screen, and your minions taunting causing funky enemy targeting, you sometimes die without a reason later on into the game.
Editado por útlima vez por Ammoconda en 15 dic. 2018 0:57:18
Oh neat, I just noticed poe-profile.info shows a breakdown of where everything is coming from when you mouse over a stat, and clicking on the stat shows an even more detailed breakdown. I wonder if they just added this feature or if I simply never noticed before. Anyway, it's a great way to see where all my build's life is coming from compared to your own.

@ Ammoconda:
"
Ammoconda escribió:
The Holy relic is only for aesthetics it seems.

What makes you say that? It deals enough damage to kill many normal monsters in one to two hits within a decent area around you. Even without supports it's still getting 51% more damage from Hatred, scaled up to 76.5% with EE, and 12% more from Frenzy Charges. It's a big help in maze-like maps where your other minions aren't always right behind you.

Aside from that, its regeneration buff is as strong as a Stone Golem's, with the unique perk of healing your minions, too.

"
Ammoconda escribió:
Also for desecrate, I had to use some kind of weapon swap shenanigans.

Aside from getting your Spectres in order, using Desecrate is not necessary. You can raise Zombies from local corpses as you go.

"
Ammoconda escribió:
When I have herald and hatred on, I don't even have mana to raise a zombie.

You have less than 69 unreserved mana?

Let's see, you are level 71 and have 873 mana. You are using Empower (125%), Added Fire (120%), and Maim (115%) on Herald of Agony, causing it to reserve 43%. So you'll have 6-7% unreserved mana, which comes to 61 mana. So you're right on the cusp. One more mana node and a couple levels will fix you right up.

Leveling up gives 6 mana per level. You also have not taken the last life/mana hybrid node in the "Heart and Soul" cluster. You can get another 16% increased mana from taking the Scion jewel socket.

With more mana comes more mana regen, so you won't have to wait as long between casts.

Oh yeah, I see you have two jewels giving Physical/Chaos Damage to Spells. You only need one of those. I prefer Chaos Damage so someone else's Hatred aura doesn't end up adding Cold Damage to my Ball Lightning.

"
Ammoconda escribió:
Also, why is spirit offering a replacement to immortal call when it doesn't affect us without mistress of sacrifice which we don't take.

On-death monster effects that originate from corpses are deleted if their corpse is destroyed. Porcupine quills will evaporate out of the air mid-flight. A pack of Unstable Weta's Cold Snaps, which are not Physical Damage for Immortal Call to block, can be prevented.

"
Ammoconda escribió:
And the defence aspect is a little bit overhyped I think, you get hit you die. With all the cluster fucks going on on the screen, and your minions taunting causing funky enemy targeting, you sometimes die without a reason later on into the game.

All Avoidance defenses are essentially chance-based, one way or another. They mainly reduce damage that comes from dozens of smaller hits by way of averages.

You're only at 3.1k life, so still very vulnerable.

"
Ammoconda escribió:
Is violent dead, from/to dust a choice for this build? Or is other abyss jewels just better? Also, I want to use ice bite in place of Elemental prolif. is that viable?

Violent Dead and From Dust are nice to use while leveling. To Dust is fine, but as far as endgame goes I'd rather have life on my jewels.

Ice Bite will add an average of 147 Cold Damage (121-172) with Frenzy Charges. This is ~10% of the base damage of Frost Sentinels and Phantasms. In exchange you are losing 5% Freeze Chance and Freeze Proliferation. I don't think it's worth it. Proliferation is super important. It means you only have to successfully freeze one monster to guarantee-freeze the entire pack.

@ grimlock9999:
"
grimlock9999 escribió:
Hi Hercanic, you champion. If any guide deserves two threads, it's this one.

I say be presumptuous. Start the levelling guide, and let people use the 'witch build list' to find niche threads that may get hidden by popular ones.

Thank you for your support, Grimlock! =oD

@ Sorover:
"
Sorover escribió:
Thank you for adding the priority list to the guide! I did eventually find it on page 28 after a long search, but i'm happy it's in a more obvious place now :P

And again, just want to let you know what an awesome guide this is.
The amount of work and detail you've put into this is so appearant and helpful.

Also, the build itself is by far the most fun minion build i've played so far.
I used this as my league starter, and i've only just reached maps, but so far the experience has been an absolute joy. As soon as you get the charged dash / ball lightning going with poison for your herald of agony, it feels so amazing to play. There is so much happening at once, but even though your damage comes from so many sources that is not yourself, that charged dash combo makes it feel like you're wreaking havoc to the mob packs all by yourself.

Such a clever build, and obviously a major amount of thought went into creating this. Huge kudos to you for figuring this playstyle out, and i would love to see this build pushed to its limits!

All in all big thumbs up so far, and i can't wait to see what this build can do once i get more currency (Even though i was lucky to get some kind of shard from my first incursion temple that was worth 2ex, so pretty good start)

That's awesome! Thank you for describing how the build feels to you! I like hearing about that.

I too hope to push the build further. I feel the place it needs the most improvement is its defenses. I'd like to try my hybrid ES variant this league, but that depends on item availability and whether I can afford pricey items like a Watcher's Eye, high ES chest, and an Aul's Uprising, heh. Although with Chaos Damage as it is this league, hybrid ES may fall short (unless I use Shavronne's Wrappings).

@ Tklaebo:
"
Tklaebo escribió:
Can't quite see the point of Hatred?
What cold dmg does this build do?
And when Generosity adds so it won't affect myselfe but allies?
Is this only for party option?

The Hatred aura gives all your nearby Allies, which includes Minions, Cold Damage scaled to their Physical Damage. Skeletons, Zombies, Agony Crawler, Phantasms, and Holy Relic all deal Physical Damage.

"
Tklaebo escribió:
"
Twitched escribió:
Its so your minions gain a solid boost to their DPS by adding a % of their physical damage as cold. And Genorosity boosts that even further. This build is all about the minions and its lovely. 84 BHC at the mo so its working for me just fine. :)
Is this where the source of physical or chaos dmg comes into play?
I read about a flat added source like a gem adding chaos to spells.

No, that's for Poison. Ball Lightning cannot inflict Poison if you don't add at least 1 point of Chaos or Physical Damage to it, even if you have 100% Chance to Poison. Poison damage scales from Chaos/Physical Damage, so 0 Chaos/Physical in a hit means 0 Poison damage, which means Poison is not applied.

We want to Poison with Ball Lightning because it hits all monsters within its massive radius every 150 milliseconds. Lots of hits means lots of Poison stacks, which means easily hitting 40 Virulence stacks even against a single target, which means tons of damage coming from our Agony Crawler.

@ Viktorious1:
"
Viktorious1 escribió:
Thanks for the reply! Youre such great help!
Passive tree was the other one. Not the gif one. But it loads on chrome now. So no probs on your end. I have like 50 tabs open.. that cant help. LOL
What convinced me to go with this build? I googled Betrayal summoner build, saw "75 Minion Summoner and 4.7M Shader DPS", and was like SOLD! :)
It's sooo much fun. The damage is NUTS!

Hah, I see, I picked a good title then! =oD I'm glad you're having fun!
Editado por útlima vez por Hercanic en 15 dic. 2018 2:51:22
Thx for so quick replies :D
I'm loving this guide more and more. Especially due to the support both you and the users give!

I have yet another question :D

I can't seem to proc Spirit Offering correctly.
I've linked up SO with Cast when damage taken. Which I so far have kept at lvl 1 to avoid needing to take very much dmg.
I can't see that it procs at all. And SO is still a castable spell.
Should I be able to cast it manually when I link it with the support CWDT?

I've linked Hatred and Generosity in the same item ( helm)
However they do not crosslink with the other 2 as far as I can see.
"
Tklaebo escribió:
I can't seem to proc Spirit Offering correctly.
I've linked up SO with Cast when damage taken. Which I so far have kept at lvl 1 to avoid needing to take very much dmg.
I can't see that it procs at all. And SO is still a castable spell.
Should I be able to cast it manually when I link it with the support CWDT?

No, something properly linked to CWDT can no longer be cast manually. You likely leveled Spirit Offering above level 8. You can just buy a new one, they're pretty cheap. Once you level it to 8, stop. Right-Click on the Level Up button to hide its levelup notification instead of leveling it up.

"
Tklaebo escribió:
I've linked Hatred and Generosity in the same item ( helm)
However they do not crosslink with the other 2 as far as I can see.

CWDT cannot support Auras, so there's no problem with them sharing a link.
I don't get that elemental equilibrum. You write

"
Of the three elemental damage types, we want to only hit with Lightning Damage, which will weaken further Lightning Damage in exchange for strengthening the Cold and Fire Damage of our minions.

but there is no added lightining dmg in your gear. Also having hatred aura won't increase monsters cold resists?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional