[1.3.0]PewPewPews official Starter-Friendly Incinerate Build | Stronger than ever!

"
Appels_Zijn_Gezond escribió:
My, someone's happy it got 'nerfed'. We'll see how hard it hits. My thoughts about the new patch?

"
The effectiveness of early Scion passives have been reduced.

There is a good chance I will start off as a witch. Not sure what I'm going to do with this topic then. Might as well try to find a way to update it for the scion - for those who wish to respec :>

Please do =) I'd prefer not to have to scrap my (standard) scion and reroll as a witch. Might give this a shot in Ambush too, maybe as a witch.
"
ridfrenzy escribió:
"
A new item type has been added to the challenge leagues: Unset Ring. It's a ring with a socket as its implicit property.

Finally somewhere to stick AA :D

Yes, totally forgot to mention that, this might be one of the biggest advantages :D

And yes, that's what I also thought Todd, but we barely ever have any moments where we won't attack and thus leech. So I think it's save to say that this change won't affect us too much. But I suppose time will tell.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Blah, I didn't see anything wrong with Saffell's =P
Editado por útlima vez por Vystral en 4 mar. 2014 13:47:21
"
I will most likely update this build once the tree gets released - so a few hours before the patch will go live. That is just a 'beta' though, something that will most likely work, but might be tweaked over the coming weeks while playing in Ambush.

I really, really appreciate the effort here in keeping us updated.
I have been looking forward to rolling this build for a few weeks once the league opens up and the news of the nerfs were a real kick in the balls. I have a lot of time Wed night to grind hard and the sooner we can know if Scion or Witch will be more effective/efficient and how the tree needs starting adjustments before actually rolling, the better/less delay after the patch hits.

Thanks again for the work!
"
"
ridfrenzy escribió:
"
A new item type has been added to the challenge leagues: Unset Ring. It's a ring with a socket as its implicit property.

Finally somewhere to stick AA :D

Yes, totally forgot to mention that, this might be one of the biggest advantages :D

And yes, that's what I also thought Todd, but we barely ever have any moments where we won't attack and thus leech. So I think it's save to say that this change won't affect us too much. But I suppose time will tell.

You also forgot to mention

"
Chris escribió:
The wheels of primary defenses around the Scion opening area have been changed to allow fast lateral progress. The values of the life wheel have been reduced. The Elusiveness notable has been removed.

This is a "We just don't know yet thing" regardless I started playing with the tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37BXK4IQB2MHpeaBAuPAVEmyeQMsnAj0MYhVrkkbRKuvt4-mh2UtH5wtbRkfAsHzNsWio4Ie2CQ22H_G2wunCCqNJ6kRli-dHNy4k49Gl4VabXC7FvOTJ_F26-4y0Qx90NDsVSQ82RMmPNxXKPp6qhB_z2WnXC9vHpSCx5rgxp5VxklRrD_56EWdFm8YPEGHvSe3PpM6_goIZ-djiPGsWTWStfKpbngNWK826AHnZKOfy6cwGlUUIGEhUEeE73Tteu9gSwUtQKAhYJ65dPGFMg==

Has more life, mana, cast speed, chaos resis and buff effect but less spell damage, more mana reserved and three more points (The dex point is to simulate the new elemental adaptation)
If the Scion/Life wheel nerf and the Spell damage buff are true, then I'm pretty sure some build like that will balance out pretty well. The only big downside is saying goodbye to the all loved Ballistic Mastery, is a bit tankier.
Also after the patch both the shadow and the templar part of the tree started to become interesting for this build.

Obviously we just need to wait for the new tree.
"
I will most likely update this build once the tree gets released - so a few hours before the patch will go live. That is just a 'beta' though, something that will most likely work, but might be tweaked over the coming weeks while playing in Ambush.

This is appreciated, thanks! I can't play tomorrow since patch is released at 10pm my time and I have to herd programmers on Thursday, so I won't get to play until Thursday night. The only benefit is that I get to read some feedback -- and your update! :)

If I understand the Life Leech changes correctly (and I might not), they are not too bad for small, fast hits. It's worse for slower, harder attacks.
I've noticed that when I have a wand with % Spell Damage as the intrinsic property, that my DPS for incinerate does not go up. When I put a mace/hammer with % elemental damage as the intrinsic property the DPS DOES go up.

Is the Spell Damage actually contributing but just now showing up, or is incinerate only affected by elemental damage %?

I tested with Fireball, and Fireball is affected by BOTH properties?
You ever try CWDT + Flammability to get the chance to ignite for the harder rares + boss fights?
Editado por útlima vez por lyang238 en 4 mar. 2014 17:00:46
I already use flammability on CwDT, but not for the burn, for the lower fire res :>

I've did some research on how life leech affects us now.

And if I'm right, barely anything will change for us, concerning Life leech. We already have barely any Life regen going on, once we stop casting. There is a little, but it's gone fast. I really doubt this is going to influence us by a lot :)
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
"
I already use flammability on CwDT, but not for the burn, for the lower fire res :>

I've did some research on how life leech affects us now.

And if I'm right, barely anything will change for us, concerning Life leech. We already have barely any Life regen going on, once we stop casting. There is a little, but it's gone fast. I really doubt this is going to influence us by a lot :)

Correct me if I'm not right:
The life leech queue helped the so regular hitting feature of incinerate.
For example, if 5 projectiles hit at roughly the same time it stacked, now it doesn't. So worst case scenario is five times less life leech (Which is theoretical), but practically I'm guessing around half less leech or even less if unfortunate.
Now that we don't have that, I'm kind of more inclined to take Vaal Pact now depending of how true and harsh the above statement is.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional