Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

I've never used the standard CWDT setup, but I really don't see it as being terribly useful. The one endurance charge you get and the armour from Molten Shell just doesn't seem like it would be that all powerful.

I've been running Cold Snap + Elemental Proliferation on my trapper and I love it so much for its CC that I was thinking that CWDT with Cold Snap + Ele Prolif would be very interesting. That or Temporal Chains. Haven't gotten around to testing either one though. Has anyone else tried something like this?
I am working on the coloring for a 2 x CWDT set up. Level 1 CWDT and Level 5 Enduring Cry on weapon. Level 15 CWDT, Level 15 Enduring Cry, 20 Quality Level 15 Immortal Call, 20/20 Increased Duration in Gloves. With this set up, most Immortal Call Procs would have 2 Endurance Charges. Damage Threshold for Immortal Call would be 2,060 which is about 40% of my total HP. Duration per Immortal Call proc would be...

1.91 sec 1 charge
3.41 sec 2 charges (most common)
4.91 sec 3 charges

In 2 seconds, I can heal over 40% of my HP and 3.4 sec would take me from low life to nearly full.

If you do this RRRR set up in boots, you would want a pair of Armor / Evasion boots to simplify the roll. Considering that having a life and movement speed prefix, you would not end up with a ton of evasion on your boots anyway, this is probably the best slot to do it in.

Currently at 86 I have not taken Phase Acrobatics or Ondar's Guile. Working through my stock of 71 & 72 maps atm. Finished Poorjoy's Assylum last night (in about 15 minutes) without dying but was a little dicey at times. Chain corpse explosions do tons of damage and I think a CWDT setup like this would have made the map very smooth.

5,350 HP
12,447 DPS
8,600 Evasion

Editado por útlima vez por Daarknight en 21 ene. 2014 10:43:30
"
Jazriel escribió:
I've never used the standard CWDT setup, but I really don't see it as being terribly useful. The one endurance charge you get and the armour from Molten Shell just doesn't seem like it would be that all powerful.

Actually, getting 4 end charges in more perilous encounters (ones that really matter) is not that uncommon (low level CoDT setup) so it's 16% pure damage reduction, which is nice number.

About molten shell, well you're getting around ≈400 additional HP (≈10% of pool) some small damage and ≈2% of damage reduction. Nothing spectacular, I agree but at least you see when you're being hit.

Decoy totem is on the other hand pure marvel. I always stated that distraction skills are always better then simple damage reduction. Totem + skellies could be combined even better (I've long wanted to test this out) I would estimate 50-100% damage reduction from that thingy, not guaranteed but very often so.

This was my setup from warrior where it was even more effective (more HP, bigger level of CoDT, constant hits etc) so for this build some other setup might be better (like IC one)

This build had very nice damage mitigation potential so you won't see CoDT overused like on other builds - ie. not so effective perhaps but my creed "you cannot overdo in defense" - 50% of immortality when you're getting hit is small price to pay for one armor piece, imo.

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
Is that build recommended for my first Scion?
I want a robust build that balances dps and defence AND still does not rely 99% on gear.
"
Polypropylen escribió:
Is that build recommended for my first Scion?
I want a robust build that balances dps and defence AND still does not rely 99% on gear.

Yes. Oh, yes.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
And mixing part of this build with an aegis aurora and some Es would be awesome right?
:)
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
JumberPresen escribió:
And mixing part of this build with an aegis aurora and some Es would be awesome right?

No.

"
Avicularia escribió:
:)

Put this guy's stream at the bottom of the guide if you want to see the build being played.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
At what point would you start using BloodMagic gem and using the first auras?
Or when is that recommended and which of the used auras?
And what gear type should i focus to be using? Evasion only or Evasion+ES?
Editado por útlima vez por Polypropylen en 22 ene. 2014 11:45:42
"
Polypropylen escribió:
At what point would you start using BloodMagic gem and using the first auras?
Or when is that recommended and which of the used auras?
And what gear type should i focus to be using? Evasion only or Evasion+ES?

The start will be rather slow as you'll need your mana to cast. You'll run one damage aura and that's it for a while. Blood magic really helps here and you can drop your mana pots for more health pots / other utility. Basic skill outline is Spectral Throw + Lesser Multiple, so BM could come in as a third slot. Keep in mind that you have no leech by then and will have to rely on life regen and pots. A more stable situation is a 4link with Life Leech in it.
Your basic auras when you have access to 4link items will probably be Wrath, Anger and Purity of Elements for basic defence. Haste should be next once you have enough reduction in your tree and gems. Switching to Purity of Lightning and Fire will take a while. IIRC you'll need all reduction nodes in the tree, Alpha's and level 17 Reduced Mana gems.
Forget about ES gear. You have zero stat points to boost your ES pool and in fact even half it with Acrobatics. Since you don't really need many blue slots either ES would be a waste. Armor (hybrid) is debatable, but your main focus for this build should be evasion.
Editado por útlima vez por DelightfulD en 22 ene. 2014 12:18:00

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional