Elemental Buzzsaw & Static Strike - Solo the entire game, quickly and cheaply 1.1.0 update

"
borek664 escribió:
Since we know a bit more about mechanics of upcoming Vaal Orbs, what do you think might be potential use for them assuming build will be still more or less viable after the skill tree changes? I bet Reduced Mana and Aura gems will be corrupted for some free bonuses and jewellery. Maybe Alpha's for extra, potentially helpful, mod?

Corrupted Aura Gems for the +1 to levels is gunna be the sexiest thing in the world.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Madcow1120 escribió:
^ I still am missing something on figuring out the prefix/suffix stuff in crafting.
For instance, I believe this is exaltable but what are the possible mods?

I'm assuming another resistance is possible? But I'm not sure... Looks like I have 3 prefixes because of the stun recovery (don't know how it's 38 thought 34 would be highest off 2 rolls?) and life. Then I have 2 suffixes of dex and 1 resist. So, could roll another resist right?

also, would one just yolo exalt that or would it be wise (worth) to eternal first?

-----------
I also have this chest but it's not 6linked yet. 2265 fusings (28 friggin 5links)
This i believe is more worth eternal and exalt. Could it roll flat evasion? Or is that 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes as well?

while I'm at it. What about these?

these have 3 suffixes and 1 prefix so 2 prefixes available. May be worth it for flat evasion or something.

The first chest is not exaltable. You got a hybrid block/stun there, the block/stun is too high to be a pure and the EVA% is too high to be a pure. You got a pure and hybrid for both.

The second chest is one suffix free. Rolling a resistance would be your best bet. I wouldn't et/ex an item if it wasn't already 6 linked. But yeah, it is et/ex material.

You can check if something is exaltable by seeing if it vendors for an Augment - if it does then you know that it has the full 6 mods.

Low life on gloves but still, its max AS.. you could roll it if you want for eva or a res.

"
Futon escribió:

Should i yolo exalt this?

I wouldn't, I'd search for an upgrade - it is neither max weapon ele or flat fire.
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 1 mar. 2014 14:00:38
"
derberherbert escribió:

Three possibilies regarding your chest Situation, which has priority over Alpha's Howl in my opinion. I would choose number 1.

1.try to buy a Tabula Rasa for the 2 ex you have. there are all for 3 ex buyout on xyz, but I am sure you can get one for 2 ex and maybe some chaos to round it up. Your damage will skyrocket with wed und faster attacks. If you feel like your defence is to weak with tabula then ditch haste and use grace. Haste is good but the faster attacks gem is better.

First thanks for taking the time to respond.

I should have probably been more clear, I probably won't spend a whole lot more time or currency on this character, since i regard her as a test run for what I'll be trying to do in the next league. Standard is fine, but I'm too far behind the curve in terms of resources to feel like I'm on an level playing field. having said that, I do appreciate your advice, and my take away is that a 5l at least is key and weapon elemental damage mods and support skill gems will really help this build take off. attack speed also but that's for the 6L ( apart from the Alpha's howl which is clearly pretty important). a 5l or 6l in the next league will be the second order of business after a descent fast weapon in the new league.

"
derberherbert escribió:

Next things to skill: Acrobatics, Elemental Adaptation, Static blows and Chance to shock and the 12% life node in the big life wheel in the order you see fit.

[/quote]

Regarding skills, I know that acrobatics is recommended, but I have no experience with the skill, and at the moment not that much evasion gear. dropping half the armor and eshield I do have seemed like a bad idea, until I can upgrade to a more evasion based setup. but, having never used it, is acrobatics really that useful?

I'll likely use the 4 points I have set aside, and try it out before the new league jusst to get a feel for it. I can always respec later if necessary.

One thing that has become clear, is that no matter what builds I try, I'm going to need a better handle on crafting and figuring out the economy if I'm going to make any of this work. Just another reason I'm having fun with this game - so much to do and learn

Again, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
We are the people our parents warned us about...
Jimmy Buffet
4L - Fast Weapon - 5L - Alpha's Howl - 6L is the way to do it :)

Acrobatics is very recommended. Even if the gear you have is largely armour/ES, I imagine it's a very small amount and in fact the extra 30% dodge will help much more. Basically - never do an evasion character without it.
Editado por útlima vez por Chundadragon en 1 mar. 2014 15:22:27
"
Chundadragon escribió:
4L - Fast Weapon - 5L - Alpha's Howl - 6L is the way to do it :)

I'm beginning to see that :)

"
Chundadragon escribió:

Acrobatics is very recommended. Even if the gear you have is largely armour/ES, I imagine it's a very small amount and in fact the extra 30% dodge will help much more. Basically - never do an evasion character without it.

I have really nothing to loose by trying it on this character in standard, so I'll get a chance to see how acrobatics works. I'm not really having any problems at the moment without it, but I'm not going past level 68 maps routinely either...

All in all it's been a very interesting learning experience. And I will say the community here seems very knowledgeable and helpful.

Thanks for the reply.
We are the people our parents warned us about...
Jimmy Buffet
Quick question when since we are using all 3 types of elemental damage would elemental equilibrium do us any good?
No, because we deal all the elements in 1 hit altogether so we trigger all the downsides at once.
Have you tried using Lightning Strike with this build? I'm far from geared up with the build, but dropped in lightning strike instead of ST and it nearly doubled my DPS with no other changes.

The only downside would be piercing... but a quality LS gem would fix that.
If you are talking about tooltip DPS, you'll find spectral throw's tooltip DPS is less thn half of it's real dps.
"
Chundadragon escribió:
If you are talking about tooltip DPS, you'll find spectral throw's tooltip DPS is less thn half of it's real dps.

Because of the returning weapon or something else? That relies on the weapon making a full round trip back to do the full DPS whereas lightning strike is instant. Definite benefits to each though.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional