ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Stakhanov escribió:
"
Mateo_swe escribió:
So taking "Inner Force" node will affect Arctic Armour neagtive, giving it higher mana drain?
I thought the increased buffs would boost the damage reduction and also lower the mana drain.

So it boosts the damage reduction aswell as increases the manadrain.
Or have i got this wrong?

I know it affects both dmg reduction and mana drain but not in what direction (negative or positive).

It increases both.
You get more damage reduction, at the cost of more mana / second.
Note that Inner Force also works for auras, boosting their effect by 21%, but doesn't increase the amount of mana reserved.

OK, tnx.
It seems to be a good node to pick as long as i can support the mana drain for AA.
Now i just need to find that elusive EK gem.
I hope luck will come to me soon.
I am playing this build on my main (71 scion). However I'm new to POE and there are some things i don't get. Weapon Ele dmg and +fire/cold/lightning damage affixes on gear don't seem to affect me, how come? I use a gem that gives me fire damage and I use hatred for cold damage shouldn't these stats increase my DPS? I also had wants with + increased phys damge which seems to do A LOT less then +spell damage, how come?

And what about global crit chance etc? Or does only spell crit affect me?

Thanks in advance for the help:)
*Deleted*
Editado por útlima vez por Feanturo en 10 ene. 2014 6:50:20
"
Mateo_swe escribió:

OK, tnx.
It seems to be a good node to pick as long as i can support the mana drain for AA.

Hey if you are really struggeling in getting your EK gem just create a witch or shadow and do the quest in A1n Breaking some eggs, it only takes you 5min from create to there and you will get Ek as quest reward.

Hope this helps.

Best regards
"
Feanturo escribió:
"
JuicedG escribió:
I am playing this build on my main (71 scion). However I'm new to POE and there are some things i don't get. Weapon Ele dmg and +fire/cold/lightning damage affixes on gear don't seem to affect me, how come? I use a gem that gives me fire damage and I use hatred for cold damage shouldn't these stats increase my DPS? I also had wants with + increased phys damge which seems to do A LOT less then +spell damage, how come?

Hey JuicedG, if you are really struggeling in getting your EK gem just create a witch or shadow and do the quest in A1n Breaking some eggs, it only takes you 5min from create to there and you will get Ek as quest reward.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Thanks for the help but I think you misunderstood, just to clearify I have a 5-link chest armor with EK, Life Leech, faster casting, faster projectiles and increased fire damage:)

My question is why those affixes don't (or hardly) affect my dps;)
"
JuicedG escribió:

EK is a spell, so weapon damage affixes won't help as the weapon damage has no effect on it.

You want spell damage, cast speed, faster projectiles across your wand, shield and jewellery.
"
5thelephant escribió:
"
JuicedG escribió:

EK is a spell, so weapon damage affixes won't help as the weapon damage has no effect on it.

You want spell damage, cast speed, faster projectiles across your wand, shield and jewellery.

Alright so a wand isn't a weapon lols
Then what about +% cold/fire/lightning/physical damage? Those only apply to melee weapons too? Why the hell can you even get them on a wand XD And what about global crit strike multiplier and global crit strike chance? I guess multiplier works but crit strike chance is for melee weapons only and extra crit on spell is for spells only?
Editado por útlima vez por JuicedG en 10 ene. 2014 8:19:11
"
JuicedG escribió:

Alright so a wand isn't a weapon lols
Then what about +% cold/fire/lightning/physical damage? Those only apply to melee weapons too? Why the hell can you even get them on a wand XD And what about global crit strike multiplier and global crit strike chance? I guess multiplier works but crit strike chance is for melee weapons only and extra crit on spell is for spells only?

Wands are weapons but EK is not governed by weapon damage like some skills are (such as spectral throw). This means that weapon damage doesn't matter, and the affixes that affect weapon damage won't help either.

EK does physical damage (which is different to weapon damage) though, so stuff like the Rustic Sash bonus applies. Not sure about +% increased ele mods but they might work with stuff like hatred or added fire support.. But not sure on that one. Flat +damage mods (eg, X-X phys damage on a ring) don't apply.

Global crit and crit for spells (where is specifically says spells) apply to EK, as they apply to spells in general.
"
Feanturo escribió:
"
Mateo_swe escribió:

OK, tnx.

Hey if you are really struggeling in getting your EK gem just create a witch or shadow and do the quest in A1n Breaking some eggs, it only takes you 5min from create to there and you will get Ek as quest reward.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Hey, thank you for that info.
Now i dont have to search forever or trade for a EK gem.
"
JuicedG escribió:

EK (ethereal Knifes) dont use the damage you see on a wand or weapon, it have a fixed damage per lvl on the gem.
That is why getting a weapon with better damage dont matter with this skill.
To get more damage with EK use added fire damage gem linked to EK.
Faster casting gives better dmg and faster projectiles makes the EK go further and hit more monsters.
Iron Will increases dmg and Empower gem makes EK 2 lvls higher = more dmg.

Items or passive tree skills who says increased physical damage works, as rustic belt for example or + to phys damage on Ming´s unique ring.

EK gives kind of low dmg around char lvl 70 but at higher lvl gives much better, at least this is what i have read.

If you want more damage with EK, look at some high DPS EK builds and copy their teqnique.
This build is more about survivability than high damage.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional