ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Yall escribió:
Tried making some sort of progression tree for the shadowstart:
(I'll be lvling my own shadow EK with this one, so I'll let you guys know if any changes have to be made or not)

Thanks.
Is viable now?, from the shadow tree, and still working the passive tree?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBDkgRlhUgFecWbxcvGNsZhRmGGYoabBqPHNwdqh6UJDwkqiaVJ6ko-imlKk0s6S2DL2826TyORZ1GcUlRSn1OKlBCVUtVxlXWVi1XyVptW69irGTnZ6Bte2-ecLtzs3Txeqp_xoCkgh6Cx4MJg9uFMod2iEKMNo9GkyeXBprgm7Wdqp2uoi6nCKdcrD-sR6x_tAy4k7vjwcXDOsSiykrOcc9l0NDVT9ad2RPbC9xX3Q3ed-GI42rquuss6-7wa_Pd9tr56PrS-wn8S_zF_ro=
, thanks for answer.
Hey so do you think it is best to start scion or shadow...
From original post:
"
UPDATED FOR 1.1 Sacrifice of the Vaal

With the changes to the passive tree, buffs to shadow and nerfs to Scion it seems the Shadow class is now best suited to this build. Overall we get more life, better access to aura nodes and some projectile speed from the tree without really sacrificing much. I have updated below with a passive tree for the Shadow and I recommend starting it if you are making this character from now on. That said, I also did an updated Scion build tree for those of you who are already playing this build as a Scion. Everything else remains the same really!

I am playing this build at the moment 1 Month HC race and I am level 62 now with crappy gear. When soloing, damage is good but in groups it feels low. I have only using 4L as never seen 5 link chest. Needs to buy one soon.
Editado por útlima vez por RaakaReiska en 23 jul. 2014 14:59:52
Yes I am also using this build (my first ever HC char! w00t!) in the 1 month race.
I've also played Mathil's elemental buzzsaw back when it came out, that everyone now seems to be playing :P

What I can tell you is that this feels MASSIVELY more tanky. I can stand in the middle of most mobs without even losing a single HP. Especially the physical protection is loads and loads better. I only miss the high elemental resistances Mathil's build has, but overall there can be no question this can take way more damage.
That said, the damage potential with crappy to normal gear is really REALLY limited. I've reached 3k tooltip at lvl65 with a 5link chest, running hatred / grace / clarity (I ditched discipline and got some mana regen gear).

The other change that I made to ZiggyD's build is that I replaced faster casting with spell echo, as this gives more dps. If I ever get a 6link I'd say ideal setup for EK is:

Faster Projectiles - Faster Casting - Spell Echo - Life Leech - Added Fire Damage/Empower

Here's my gear, selffound or bought for 1c:

Spoiler

Thanks Ziggy for this!

so good
Editado por útlima vez por mamuru en 26 jul. 2014 16:01:57
Guys can you explain me the purpose to use discipline with eldritch battery? i know it boost your mana but it reserver mana, i cant understand, im running grace,clarity and discipline at lvl 60 but i changed disci for hatred
"
huma69 escribió:
Guys can you explain me the purpose to use discipline with eldritch battery? i know it boost your mana but it reserver mana, i cant understand, im running grace,clarity and discipline at lvl 60 but i changed disci for hatred

More max mana = more mana regen if you can't sustain AA.

If you don't need it - don't use it.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Just reached lvl70, and grabbed the Sovereignty wheel to get all the aura reduce nodes.
As I have decided I need to be tankier against elemental damage, I'll try to incorporate PoF / Pol into this build. It makes sense, as we have all the aura reduce nodes and you won't have to get double resistance rolls on ALL your gear (as I currently have).

Only problem is, you have to drop either grace or hatred to run both purities. Or you get something like an Alpha's Howl, but even then the remaining mana won't be enough to sustain MoM (whioh I currently don't run). Still, I think the higher max resists and flexibility in gearing is worth it if you can make it work somehow. Or run just 1 purity, that works well too.
Grace - Hatred - Clarity - PoF/Pol currently leaves me with enough mana to spec into MoM.

What do u guys think?
"
therealjcool escribió:
Just reached lvl70, and grabbed the Sovereignty wheel to get all the aura reduce nodes.
As I have decided I need to be tankier against elemental damage, I'll try to incorporate PoF / Pol into this build. It makes sense, as we have all the aura reduce nodes and you won't have to get double resistance rolls on ALL your gear (as I currently have).

Only problem is, you have to drop either grace or hatred to run both purities. Or you get something like an Alpha's Howl, but even then the remaining mana won't be enough to sustain MoM (whioh I currently don't run). Still, I think the higher max resists and flexibility in gearing is worth it if you can make it work somehow. Or run just 1 purity, that works well too.
Grace - Hatred - Clarity - PoF/Pol currently leaves me with enough mana to spec into MoM.

What do u guys think?

MoM won't be nearly as effective with a small mana pool - think of it as more unreserved = more HP for you.

I think you should carry them both - and then switch them in and out depending on the map if needed.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional