[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

The only thing this guide is missing, is a leveling part. How to level, which skills to use etc.
That's the ONLY part I can think of that it's missing.

However, this guide is probably one of the most well-written ones I've seen here.
Starting from a level 1 Duelist now (hence the leveling part I mentioned). Going to get a 6L Daresso's and a 5L Kaom's Primacy. I'll probably post an update once I get to use Flickerstrike.
Yes, i was thinking about a leveling section. But the thing is that up to the point where you actually start using flicker strike you can use ... literally whatever you want with any weapon type you want. Cleave, Infernal Blow, Molten Strike, Reave, Ground Slam, lightning strike, static strike, mace, sword, staff, axe, one-handed, two-handed... literally any melee skill with any melee weapon. All that is possible because up to the point you start using flicker strike you will not specialize in anything ( as long as you follow the proposed skill trees per 10 points ) and because up to that point the game is extremely easy and it requires little to no effort to be successful.
So yeah .. i did not create such section because anything will work... as long as you follow the recommended skill trees per 10 passive skill points of course :)
But again, as always, i'm here to help in any way i can and i'm always glad to do so ^^
So if anyone has a question or need explanation on anything i'm always here for you guys ... post here, or pm me , or message me ingame and i'll do anything i can to answer and help you out :)

P.s. Thanks for the kind words Wallwalker22 ... though i really consider my Facebreaker guide to be more detailed, well-written and generally better than this one :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 27 oct. 2015 18:27:56
When do you suggest switching over to Flicker Strike?
At what level?
When you equip the blood dance unique boots.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
This build is bonkers. Now that my the 1M character I've been playing is in std, I really decked him out as best I could. I took some different routes compared to Kors build. I really value frenzy charges with this build, so I came up to Frenetic and also grabbed the blood drinker wheel while I was at it. Also corrupted a half decent ammy with +1 frenzy, and bought a pair of +1 frenzy blood dance, totaling to a whopping 9 frenzy charges. Its crazy, at some points lockstep can't even keep up and my hits don't even register since its so fast. I tried to stack some rarity (Managed to get 88%) but was forced to pick up wisdom of the glade and diamond skin to fill resists/int. I also threw in a bunch of gems on frenzy for some stronger single target, specifically for split atziri phase since it's not possible to use flicker during it (I get one shot if I hit the reflect one).

My frenzy totaled to about 26,600 damage with 11.24 attacks per second with absolutely everything up (All 3 flasks+onslaught+golem+9 frenzy charges, blood rage, no vaal haste though). Right at 300k dps. Thing to note is im not using fortify, I sub that in when needed.

This build is just off the wall. And thats without a mirrored 2 hander too! Pain Sunder can add another 280pdps on top of Disfavour lol!

For anyone interested heres my gear (you can also see skill tree on my page, but its pretty identical to Kor's one).

GG Build mate. Thanks!

Spoiler
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Editado por útlima vez por Aevykin en 3 nov. 2015 2:15:10
I'm glad it worked out well for you mate! ^^
Hi, first of all thanks for your guide, really interesting, i'm currently testing it. I started a duelist with the idea of doing a dual wielding axe build, and currently spend some points in dual wield nodes. I could change to two handed axes easily, but first I would like to know what are your thoughts about if it could be viable a dual wield flicker strike, and if there are some reason to chose it instead of two handed.

Flicker strike is a single target attack. When you are welding two 1h weapons the attack will alternate each so each hit you'll use just 1 of the 2 and thus dealing the damage only of that one. That cuts down your damage per hit quite a bit. Sure you get a bit more attack speed but that doesn't help the troubles that you get from having lower damage per hit ( i.e killing things in more hits > loosing more frenzy charges > having hard time constant-flickering > survivability and clear speed troubles ). You do get some block chance ... but it is not nearly enough to make it worth it. So in my opinion there is absolutely no reason to dual wield flicker strike. Hell you could go for a 1h + shield and you'll get the same results damage-wise while getting tons of survivability.
Thanks for your answer. That was my thought, but I wanted an expert opinion ;)

I think I would go for the two handed weapon.

Thanks!
Hey loved this build when I left the game. I recently came back and tried to use it and I was having a hard time. I was dying too much. I used some regrets and moved away from those dodge keystones and all that extra dex and went up the other side picking up more Strength and more DPS nodes. This greatly improved my survivability. FWIW I do not miss the 6th frenzy charge at all and I am just melting things now. Once I get better gear I might go back your way but I think this could play as cyclone build now as well. I have not died noce since I changed, I am doing lvl 4-6 in just few minutes. I should be able to build up some levels and currency fast now. I have only bought 2 items I am wearing 1 item that I paid more than 1 EX for, the rest is self found. So if you are poor and leveling, or struggling this is a real option.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwEswUtBTwHdQmWC2ETTBPJFCAV7BfhGS4hVSb4JyAn7Sz7LlMwdzkOOd08BUMxQ-dHfkh4TjJQR1O7V1RZ_loaXhNfP2EhYVJkUmVNZado8m87dO12K3asd-N4enloe3R82X31gIqE2YTvhVKHaooiirOTqJd5mSuiAKLqqSepbqmUrY2uUK9sr6e5Hb02vYG-p7_VwBrAZsCmwQTBo8MzxPbFU8auypDPftNv2WHawdwy3D3iYeRR5LHqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_3MvdN-Ov-aw==?accountName=Thegratefulhead&characterName=Gradrizyn maps
Editado por útlima vez por Thegratefulhead en 6 nov. 2015 12:17:00

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional