[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

I've been really busy with RL stuff this week so I haven't made it that far. I don't have Blood Dance.

Simply using Molten Strike for leveling, I have a bunch of life regen from tree and gear so I'll toggle blood rage and kill things to get frenzy charges.

I went to Docks in normal and it took probably 10 mobs to just get 1 charge. It's miserable.
IGN: Frazetta
Editado por útlima vez por Sicyo en 8 jul. 2015 14:02:33
I see.
Well i guess on Friday we'll know if this build lives or gets scrapped.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I think going the route with crit, ice bite, hypothermia, hatred, and blood dance boots should work. I still really dislike that they've made all flicker builds subject to the lottery.

It doesn't make sense. They fix Desync, buff frenzy charges, seemingly saying "Hey Flicker, it's your time to shine!" and then last minute break blood rage. Why would they break a build to seemingly nerf a buff like blood rage across the board?

I want an answer :(
Well that's the thing if gaining frenzy charges is going to be a pain i'll most definitely scrap this build. If that's the case it sounds horrible and i honestly don't want to waste my nerves waiting for the next probably fatal time when my frenzy generators don't proc and i end up surrounded by dangerous mobs.
Like not being able to 1 shot 100% of the time is not enough ... even now with 100% chance to gain frenzy charge and blood dance on top of that AND with a nice disfavour axe i still run out of charges from time to time. And the feeling is very unpleasant ... now add the nerfed blood rage .. and i don't really want to deal with that.

Crit, ice bite, hypothermia, hatred, and blood dance maybe but that's a totally different build.
Things look bleak for my 2h RT flicker build at the moment...

But nothing is 100% certain ... we'll see soon enough...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 8 jul. 2015 15:31:53
Hey guys,
I haven't played PoE in quite some time and am really bad at the whole theory-crafting thing ^^
Back when I played I loved this flicker strike build and felt like the only thing holding it back were the constant desyncs. Now I wanted to start PoE again with the new expansion coming out and with lockstep mode it seemed to be the perfect opportunity to get around to flicker striking again. But then I had to discover the massive nerfs to blood rage...
Now I am not sure what to do. On the one hand I'd really love to play flicker strike without desyncs, on the other hand it would be a shame if I got stuck with a build which doesn't work. Especially since my second favourite option would be a cast on crit build which I wouldn't start as a Duelist, so I couldn't even respec into it.
What I would like to know now is: Do you guys think there will be any way to make flicker strike work for The Awakening or would you suggest I don't even try and just start with something else?
I'd really love your input on the matter. Thanks in advance and sorry for any grammar mistakes I might have made (english isn't my native language).
Cheers guys
"
SquierHSS escribió:
Hey guys,
I haven't played PoE in quite some time and am really bad at the whole theory-crafting thing ^^
Back when I played I loved this flicker strike build and felt like the only thing holding it back were the constant desyncs. Now I wanted to start PoE again with the new expansion coming out and with lockstep mode it seemed to be the perfect opportunity to get around to flicker striking again. But then I had to discover the massive nerfs to blood rage...
Now I am not sure what to do. On the one hand I'd really love to play flicker strike without desyncs, on the other hand it would be a shame if I got stuck with a build which doesn't work. Especially since my second favourite option would be a cast on crit build which I wouldn't start as a Duelist, so I couldn't even respec into it.
What I would like to know now is: Do you guys think there will be any way to make flicker strike work for The Awakening or would you suggest I don't even try and just start with something else?
I'd really love your input on the matter. Thanks in advance and sorry for any grammar mistakes I might have made (english isn't my native language).
Cheers guys

Well, patch notes are out: Blood Rage brutal nerf is confirmed. So, in the best scenario, we will end up with 55% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill (25% from BR gem and 30% from Blood Dance). I don't think this is enough to let us Flicker without interruption. So, I think this build is dead. Very sad indeed!
Editado por útlima vez por lussiano en 10 jul. 2015 9:53:19
Don't forget that it's 55% chance to get a frenzy charge per cast, and with multistrike that's 3 hits per cast.

I don't feel good about it ... but first i'll need to test the build. After the first 10-15 minutes it will be clear if this build is playable and to what extend .. or if it is dead. Again ... i don't have a good feeling about this ... but i need to try it out first to be sure.

If it turns out to be unplayable ... i just want to say thank you all for the kind words, support and valuable feedback through the years and i hope that this guide and me as its creator were helpful. :)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 10 jul. 2015 10:06:50
Also don't forget about ice bite and poacher's mark. Still all of the above are chances rather than 100%, but yeah we won't be playing Flickerstrike until probably the mid 50s if not higher.
"
KorgothBG escribió:

If it turns out to be unplayable ... i just want to say thank you all for the kind words, support and valuable feedback through the years and i hope that this guide and me as its creator were helpful. :)

I think this is a good time to say thank you for this nice build: it is great fun to play but very powerful at the same time, while being real cheap. My flicker was my first char ever to hit 90 and I really would love to keep playing until 100. Well, like you said, things are looking very bleak for us, but let's wait and see. Fingers crossed here!
soooo is it playable?
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional