[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

yes. i'm starting to use flicker more and more and it doesn't need crit.
not at all.

i ran the numbers and i got a very small damage boost if i took all of the crit for 2H/sword that i could, and for a sword with a 6.3 base too. it's about 8 skill points.

you certainly get more damage, but only an effective 30-40% increase (which is really not much on a 300% base). you could take those same nodes you used for crit and use them for more melee damage, or more survival nodes like life etc...

so that's what i'm doing.

i still haven't taken RT yet because i have the brutal blade cluster, which in addition to being excellent damage has a ton of accuracy.

RT is only 2 points. but it's 2 points i'm using for other stuff. so far i really can't tell it's a problem. i guess i should spec into just so i can see if i can tell the difference.

meanwhile flicker on 5 charges works really well, and the blood dance are almost required.
i still don't have any life leech on gear, just using warlord's mark, and working really well.

next idea is to try poacher's mark instead. seems like warlord's should work better.
Keep in mind that Blood Rage already gives you huge amounts of life leech
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Keep in mind that Blood Rage already gives you huge amounts of life leech

oh yeah, i keep forgetting that. however i don't have chaos resist on gear (yet) which means the chaos degen outstrips the leech. as you said in your guide getting the chaos resist to 0 is good enough, but that's still 60% on gear which is quite a lot if you are trying to max elemental resists too.

of course i have life regen from the tree, which helps, and i noticed your tree has quite a bit also.

but generally i find that the blood dance are amazingly effective.

regardless, i'm using flicker when i solo pretty much all the time now, but in groups i drop back to cleave.
Yes Blood Dance boots are an absolute must.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey Korgoth,

This looks like a really fun build. Think I'm am going to play it with staffs tho. I love crits and block and since i play soft core it's ok if i die =P.

Just wanted to say thanks for the build, might try to change up the tree a little bit tho.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAhMSb7Irk8B_Fiq9sAnEEs6IAFE2paEWOkwe3cr051Ysa5IiP_TDGrjwtTP9qpfnoQYe3Puw4V-IyiZBVp4QaOMAa-4tBcryaiDgW-Z2K-tJmnhcvZOdV1oCk42o26RZvJKqPRh0UWK6ftFtZuUPtREouJ-3E9qelZ5vUjxku5FF_4zH7m1hfP-8OJy_jnzWS2L3-CmMLtQTkIilP_o-mV03jOuHyRYcZbBb8S8EE2t2nCLyf_9NCjmvZhjs0jlbZAecJlusJJyAYkVBHFCCnMPtFJOHqGPjrFHEX6l6lE3HJZw==

What do you think about this?

It's a templer start,
3.5% regen to counter blood rage. Along with blood dance boots
180% max health
338% increase physical damage
400% crit strike chance.
19% additional block chance
Got some mana reserve nods to run herald of Ash

i will be getting accuracy from gear.

only problem is i will only be able to have 4 frenzy charges with act 3 bandits? would this be a problem?

Here is a IR version with less damage
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAhMSb7Irk8B_Fiq9sAnEEs6IAFE2paEWOkwe3cr051Ysa5IiP_TDGrjwtTP9qpfnoQYe3Puw4V-IyiZBVp4QaOMAa-4tBcryaiDgW-Z2K-tJmnhcvZOdV1oCk42o26RZvJKqPRh0UWK6ftFtZuUPtREouJ-3E9qelZ5vUjxku5FF_4zH7m1hfP-8OJy_jnzWS2L3-CmMLtQTkIilPhxlsFvxLwQTa3acIvJ__00KOa9mGOzSOVtkB5wmW6wknIF6lE3HJZymlTipbr90NLOkVICpNPydKyG6qtfKkOdCBR-Ii4g==
Editado por útlima vez por Pharcri en 15 sept. 2014 0:31:38
Well looks ok although i find the crit chance a bit low. Are you sure that its 400% from the tree ( or perhaps it's a total increase from tree + gear + gems ) ? Because it is 210% ;)

Having only 4 frenzy charges is not the end of the world tho it will hurt your life regen and your damage, and of course having less charges stored means that it is more likely to run put of the them when you face bosses.

If you go for the IR version i'd suggest that you free some points for Thick skin and the extra frenzy charge ... although i don't see what you could drop to take them instead.
KorgothBG, not sure what you think of this. It has helped me greatly while leveling.

I picked up the Revelry node while leveling as it is right near the path you suggest.
It gives in total:
20 Mana on kill
2 Mana gained by each enemy hit

This has let me run my Flicker 3 linked(FS,Multi,Splash) with ease off of my mana. I only needed to use mana pots on single target as I got no mana from mobs dying.

I added in a level 1 Mana Leech to make it a 4L. I can now flicker on a single target without the need to mana pot.
IGN: The_Lurch
That is indeed a good way to sustain your mana while leveling. I confirm!
"
The_Lurch escribió:
KorgothBG, not sure what you think of this. It has helped me greatly while leveling.

I picked up the Revelry node while leveling as it is right near the path you suggest.
It gives in total:
20 Mana on kill
2 Mana gained by each enemy hit

This has let me run my Flicker 3 linked(FS,Multi,Splash) with ease off of my mana. I only needed to use mana pots on single target as I got no mana from mobs dying.

I added in a level 1 Mana Leech to make it a 4L. I can now flicker on a single target without the need to mana pot.

interesting.

i am using mana flows cluster, and have obtained 6% mana leech on gear.
that keeps me self sufficient even running 60% + 40% auras (i'm running PoL with lightning coil).

it sounds like revelry is not good enough by itself, because you are still using mana leech.

however it would be trivial to get 2% mana leech on gear and do away with that.

it's worth the hassle to do this because a 4L flicker is really strong.

also too, warlord's mark, although i'd like to not have to use that, and use vulnerability or even temp chains instead. i think 6% mana leech gets me there, but i haven't tested thoroughly yet.

korgoth, have you tried a lightning coil ?

i'm trying it with PoL right now but _not_ IR.

so far i'm not seeing that it's that much better than my straight ar/ev chest.

i really like to keep evasion, because ondar's is pretty much my favorit keystone in the tree.

however grace + IR is definitely a really strong combination.

i was hoping you could share any thoughts.

thanks!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional