[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
nappeee escribió:
Sick looking guide! One question: Is this a hardcore viable build?

I believe someone above said no due to the random nature of Flicker Strike
"
krustyle escribió:
"
nappeee escribió:

I believe someone above said no due to the random nature of Flicker Strike

Yup i said that numerous times actually. Though some people keep playing the build in HC ... even if i wouldn't do it myself :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I'm a casual player that picked this up for returning to poe in psc, super fun so far. I wanted a character unlike something you could play in any generic arpg and this definitely fits the bill. Thanks for the guide!

I just started doing maps (for the first time ever) and wondering what gear I should be looking to replace next. So far tier 1-3 maps have been a breeze, but I did merciless Malachai and he DESTROYED me. Probably about 10 deaths. Also took me about 5 tries to run merciless labyrinth.

My tree is pretty standard as per the guide, but I don't have a lot of life on gear atm so I've spec'd life nodes earlier in lieu of one of the weapon-specific sections, also because I'm not sure if I will use my current weapon-type (sword) forever.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kobo1d/characters
Character: Rafford

Suggestions for gear or passive improvements? I have about 100c in mixed currency total and have spent about 15c on my current setup.
Editado por útlima vez por kobo1d en 29 mar. 2016 17:19:27
Man you are still running on 4L ? I'd say the first thing you should do is get at least 5L for your flicker strike.

As for merciless Malachai and Izaro - well they are easily comparable to tier 10 map bosses ( if not a bit higher )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Cool, thanks. It looks like I can buy a 5L Daresso's for about 50-60c. Edit: Bought a low-armor/mid-life/high-leech rolled 5L Daresso's for 45c. Added Fire Damage here we come.
Editado por útlima vez por kobo1d en 30 mar. 2016 12:17:46
I've finally decided to play more extensively with my flicker character, get a couple of levels make some videos.

Speaking of videos i'm uploading a quick 3 min arid lake video and i'll add it to the guide and i'll edit this post with a link.

Also i'm happy with my exp/hour :

EDIT:
video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zvI0rMpR6g
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 30 mar. 2016 18:51:32
"
nappeee escribió:

Im one of the guys running it HC and its the farthest ive gotten in this game. I think part of it is because im just being more cautious but the other part is that this build is pretty good against what killed me earlier, traps and perundus mobs.

As long as you have enough + damage to efficiently use your frenzy charges, mobs arent that big of a deal. Bosses can be tricky but doable if you play it safe.

Then again, I haven't encountered too much reflecting mobs nor finished cruel so I might have to retract my words.
Editado por útlima vez por the343danny en 30 mar. 2016 20:17:04
"
the343danny escribió:
"
nappeee escribió:

Im one of the guys running it HC and its the farthest ive gotten in this game. I think part of it is because im just being more cautious but the other part is that this build is pretty good against what killed me earlier, traps and perundus mobs.

As long as you have enough + damage to efficiently use your frenzy charges, mobs arent that big of a deal. Bosses can be tricky but doable if you play it safe.

Then again, I haven't encountered too much reflecting mobs nor finished cruel so I might have to retract my words.

My 2 cents to Hardcore: A friend of mine played a one-handed and shield Gladiator RT-Flicker striker. It worked, he later died in a T13 Map at level 8x.

You CAN make this build for hardcore. With dodge (Vaalgrace), Block&Spellblock, (Gladiator), a high HP-pool and the great dynamics of flicker strike. I just wouldnt recommend it for beginners, since you gotta react real fast to the situation and can completly forget about party-play.
So guys i've started laying with this build more extensively lately and i plan to ( finally ) get it to level 95. I've made a few small changes in my gm setup. I've ditched the golem for good ... it dies way too often ( even with minion life support which i was using for the past couple of days ) and it just doesn't do much. Instead i've put Vaal Grace + increased duration. The duration is around 10 second ( a bit more actually ) ... and some of you know me ... so you already know that i complete forget to use it but think that it's still potentially better than the golem. Also i've added level 3 immortal call + level 1 CWDT + increased duration which works well for porcupines. I usually don't have problems with the porcupines due to my taste of hate ( which now is the legacy version of the flask ) but in some cases ( i.e. vulnerability map ) it can be dangerous ... so better safe than sorry. So yeah IC + CWDT is indeed probably the best solution vs porcupines if you have problems with them.
I didn't have much time to play in the past couple of days but i still managed to get almost 5 levels and now i'm close to 91.

Oh and i've spent almost all of my currency for this :

I don't have time to pay at the moment so i was able to run just 1 map with it ... and yup ... it's pretty nice indeed. :)

Anyway tomorrow ( most likely ) i'll update the screenshots of my defense and offense ... and yeah ... that' it for now. Have a great weekend! :)
Hey, I just wanted to say a big thank you for this detailed and very well written guide.

Your build has made me addicted to PoE, I have been playing 8-10 hours a day for the past 3 weeks. Flicker has the best feeling I've ever tried in an ARPG and I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't 2handed (I dislike daggers very much). It truly feels like I'm a godlike slayer, jumping in and murdering everything!
The map clearing speed is just insane and if I played a bit more carefully, I would be lvl 94 (I died a lot from mines on the ground while looking at loot and some 1-shots from bosses).

The only drawback I had with this build so far is, that everything else I have to do when not killing stuff (looting, selling, stashing) feels like I'm doing them in slow motion :D

Here's my gear, I've been really lucky with the drops and could afford to buy some very good items
Spoiler

I tried playing with both Blood Dance and Darkray boots, the former are not required for sure, as you said frenzy charges generate just fine with rare boots, while the latter felt more of a burden with the decreased frenzy duration and no movement speed. So I picked some boots with life+chaos res+movement speed and haven't looked back!

And I would also like to declare my undying love for this weapon
Spoiler
filling up my flasks non-stop and saving me a couple of passive points, it has carried me all the way to lvl 92 until I replaced it with Atziri's Disvafor. Please respect this weapon and give it kisses!

I also feel that the fire golem is pretty much useless. Even with the helmet enchant from lab (100% increased fire golem buff), flicker's av. dmg increases by just 500 dmg. Its only usefulness so far is that it draws aggro from mobs and bosses, so it takes some nasty hits instead of me.

By the way, I have been swapping faster attacks with culling strike and I can't decide which one is better, with faster attacks it feels that I have to attack the big elite mobs more times, while with culling they die quicker. Everything else of course dies with 1 hit so I can't tell the difference. Could be my imagination, but it doesn't help that flicker's tooltip doesn't display damage per second.

Also grats on the belt, must get me one of these too.
Editado por útlima vez por Vasilas en 2 abr. 2016 19:03:27

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional