[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hi KorgothBG,

thank you for you very nice guide. I followed your instructions and now i have a very stable level 88 char. Thx again.

I have some points for discussion.

1. Shield Block
I am still using Bringer of Rain. In your section "Passive skill tree for every ten skill points" - "At 103 skill points(with Bringer of Rain)" the total shield block would end up at 74%

33% from shield
15% from Bringer
10% from Testudo + adds (6+2+2)
06% from Aegis + adds (4+2)
06% from Phalanx + adds (4+1+1)
04% from single nodes between marauder and templar
----
74% total

In my opinion there are two solutions. Either skilling the additional node close to Aegis, or remove the point with 12% block to spell block and skill another 2% node (e.g. close to Berserking). I prefer the first solution. Since you dont use Bringer any longer this is maybe out of your concern.

2. Spellblock
My question here is: How do you handle attacks with huge spell damage, especially the lightning attack from Dominus, the lightning attack from Temple boss "The wicked one", or the firestorm from the crematorium boss. Most defensive passive nodes apply to physical damage block or reduction. So until now my solution is to use specific flasks, which I find kinda lame. What is your approach?

3. DPS
The older screenshots from your character statistics showed a damage of around 29k. I think they were done with a Bringer of Rain and with the gem "added fire damage". However, I am using Blood magic and skilled 4 more melee physical damage nodes and the Berserker nodes but still have only 26k dmg (rings and amu have #1 or #2 top tier rolls).

4. Abyssus vs. Bringer
Before release you said very pessimistic words about Abyssus. They vanished somehow :). Could you say a few words about ad/disadvantages of Abyssus and Bringer, respectively? In my opinion the Bringer is more defensive and Abyssus doubles the price of the build because you need a 6L chest. Furthermore, before release reflect seemed to be a problem with Abyssus and now something has changed. What is that?

Thanks in advance
pasta777

Gear & Skill tree

tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0M9xLhFE0ZLhoyG_ol3yftKS4xnjIJNZI11jbpOuE8LT38QKBBh0UKR35KyE3jT31QUFFgVw1YY1nzXhNfP2BLYSFlTWaeZ5tsRm5pbqpwfXJscql07XgNeu98uHzZgFaDOITZhO-I8YzPkFWRzpkrnrmgtKIApBmmV6luq8WsWayqrK-vbLXytz653b2Bvoq-p768wA_AGsOGxPbFisauxtjRNtJN1I_ZYeLq42rnY-eR6dXvDu988B_yL_Pd9Mb2SPno-tL7qv4K_o8=

gear

IGN ................... MikeManning
Alt Art Stuff ....... view-thread/1401085
Shop ................. view-thread/536289
Boost-Service .... view-thread/543033
Gilde ................. view-thread/817890
Editado por útlima vez por pasta777 en 30 oct. 2013 11:10:41
The two ways that you've mentioned are all good. I've left it at 74% because in my opinion spending an extra passive skill point to get 1% extra block is not worth it. And losing the spell block chance in favor of that 1% block chance is unacceptable aswell. Ofcourse this is a personal opinion and another skill point for 1% chance won't hurt :)

I use saffell's Frame. Thats all ( maybe i should mention that somewher in the first post... my mistake , i'm sorry)
And some attacks can be manualy dodged( like the dominus lightnings)

3. Now this is... strange... and i really have no idea

It's true that the Bringer of Rain is more defensive (but not much more) and more cheap. But overall Abyssus is better after 1.0.0
now let me explain the pros. and cons. of the BoR and Abyssus

Bringer of Rain
pros.
-Cheaper
-Adds block
-Has blind
-adds more life

cons.
Well... missing all the "pros." from the abyssus + chest

Abyssus+6L chest
pros.
-Alot More Damage
-More armour
-Extra Attributes
-More Resists
-Quality and level 20 Faster Attacks and Melee Physical Damage

cons.

-Alot more expensive
-The extra physical damage taken

Now why Reflect damage is no longer a problem and with eliminating that problem the drawback from the abyssus is pretty much nothing.
The reason for that is that when you reflect damage molten shell skill will instantly trigger itself and every other reflected hit will trigger a new one. This significantly reduces the damage that you'll take. Add the endurance charges to that ... and it's even less of a problem.
Atleast my numberous tests show that. You wont even feel a dual reflect map even if you stumble upon a monster with reflect aura in such a map you'll still have no problems at all.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
I use saffell's Frame. Thats all ( maybe i should mention that somewher in the first post... my mistake , i'm sorry)

Never use a lioneye now? If you were to never swap shields again which of those would you prefer?
"
Rohan_Spibo escribió:
"
KorgothBG escribió:

Never use a lioneye now? If you were to never swap shields again which of those would you prefer?

No, no, no, I still use Lioneye 95% of the time. Saffell is only for the very hard hitting caster bosses - Cremairorium Boss; Temple Boss; Residence Boss etc. Flasks vs. the caster bosses works fine, but its easier to swap shields than to swap flasks.
And if i have to never swap shields i would still prefer Lioneye. After all you are getting hit alot more often by attacks than by spells... and we saffell you can't block attacks.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 31 oct. 2013 3:31:41
"
KorgothBG escribió:
"
Rohan_Spibo escribió:
"
KorgothBG escribió:

No, no, no, I still use Lioneye 95% of the time. Saffell is only for the very hard hitting caster bosses - Cremairorium Boss; Temple Boss; Residence Boss etc. Flasks vs. the caster bosses works fine, but its easier to swap shields than to swap flasks.
And if i have to never swap shields i would still prefer Lioneye. After all you are getting hit alot more often by attacks than by spells... and we saffell you can't block attacks.

Ah cool, Misinterpreted, just had my own Saffell's for a while but never really thought about it having any use. These cast on taking damage gems are really a lot crazier then I expected.

Wonder if it would be worth sticking a Detonate Dead gem with a Cast On Melee Kill for double the corpse explosions with Infernal Blow.
I'm pretty sure you can't explode an enemy twice :P... besides the trigger and the detonate dead needs to be linked to the skill that you'll be killing them with .. so basicly that's alot less damage. Damn it would've been so nice if the trigger on melee kill was selfsufficient... linked all by itsefl in a seperate item...
"
KorgothBG escribió:
I'm pretty sure you can't explode an enemy twice :P... besides the trigger and the detonate dead needs to be linked to the skill that you'll be killing them with .. so basicly that's alot less damage. Damn it would've been so nice if the trigger on melee kill was selfsufficient... linked all by itsefl in a seperate item...

True... and ahh right... That's becoming a reoccurring problem to all of my ideas -.-

They needa make some fancy pants item that supports any linked skills in the item with all of these 'cast on' gems. That'd be interesting. (still not good for this build, but interesting nonetheless)

Just set up cast on damage taken with decoy totem, got myself 2 spare slots to go along with it though. What kinda stuff would fit in well there? Just minion & totem elemental resist + minion life?
Editado por útlima vez por Rohan_Spibo en 31 oct. 2013 6:08:50
Just realised that Tempest Shield still has a quite low mana reserve. It's very easy to run this at the same time as Hatred, together they only reserve 65% of mana with a Reduced Mana gem. The 4% block chance will save 2-4 passives in block chance nodes, and the small damage on block that it gives can help out a little as well since we block so much (This also stacks us up with 3 different elemental damage types as well as your physical :) All we need now is some form of chaos to deal all-round damage lol).

Currently running with:
Auras
Hatred + Tempest Shield + Reduced Mana
Trigger Gems
Cast when Damage taken + Enduring Cry + Molten Shell + Temporal Chains
Cast when Damage Taken + Decoy Totem + Minion and Totem Elemental Resist + Minion Life
Editado por útlima vez por Rohan_Spibo en 31 oct. 2013 7:10:27
Yes Minion and Totem Elemental Resist + Minion Life linked to the Decoy Totem sounds good to me

And the Tempest Shield - yes you can use one. I don't because... to honest... i just absolutly HATE how Tempest Shield looks. My eyes hurt and my soul screams when i look at it! The block is cool but hey you can do without it, and i really prefer to have more mana. But really the reason why i don't use it is because of the way it looks.

And for the melee on kill.. i hope they buff it somehow... because now it is only usable with spectral throw ( same goes for Cast on crit) ... and having 2 support gems exclusivly for 1(new) skill is just insanity.. not that they are that good for Spectral Throw aswell.. but still
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 31 oct. 2013 7:50:12
haha, understandable. I don't like the look very much either.
I hope they make some kind of microtransaction to go over it. I have zero need to be careful with my mana though, so my inner efficient child is gonna make me use it >.<

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional