[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
kompaniet escribió:
i don't see a link to your stream. maybe i am just blind but i look and don't see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GD7D3_T510

this guy is doing the same as me. swapping iaoe for conc for bosses. do you have the three jewels he is talking about? is there another one that is good for us? seems pretty solid for beta.

Only running a 13% rolled martial artistry jewel atm. Having a week of experience in the beta with this build I can tell that unless you don't have great rolled jewels it is not worth taking the 2 points to allocate them. One you definitely have to for Martial Artistry tho. Unless we get some new unique jewels I feel like we are gonna be using 1 unique and the others are optional for rare ones. (Also I'd like to mention that everything I say is from a HC league player perspective, I take defensive things first. I made my own build for marauder since they are a bit tankier thanks to the first couple nodes. All credit to Korgoth btw, they helped me a ton in the past couple weeks and I really appreciate it, he is amazing!)
Thanks man! Glad to help as always!

And you are absolutely right about the jewels. 1 jewel socket is kind of mandatory for the Martial Artistry .. and a second one is just .. so easy to get .. 1 point that's all. BUt for the rest that need 2 points per socket ... unless one has a good jewel that gives more than anything else that you could get with those points .. then it's just not worth using it and spending those points for a socket.

Now guys... i've been thinking about Herald of Ash in the Awakening. Now as we know the HoA + ele prolif has been hit pretty badly, but on top of that due to the Reduced Mana support gem to run HoA + Hatred + Determination one must have the Sovereignty and Empower level 3. Now that got me thinking - is HoA really worth the 4 passive skill points that we need to spend to get it ? But hey that's not all! It's not just those 4 points ... it's actually more because if we don't need those mana reservation nodes we can loose the Purity of Flesh as well! So that's 11 points ! In order to get back the lost life from the Purity of Flesh cluster which is 20% in total we'll need to spend 4 of those 11 passives in the Constitution cluster for example. And let's say that the + 30 int lost is somehow messing with our requirements ( which i highly doubt ) well ... a single point fixes this ... so we end up with -16% chaos damage res and -15% phys damage as extra fire but we gain 6 passives that we can spend.
6 Passives that could be :
72% increased physical damage
OR
27% increased life
OR
3 endurance charges ( ok we need 7 passives for that .. but you remember the +30 int node right ;) )
OR
2 jewel sockets
OR
102% increased armour + 20% reduced damage taken from crits + 0,5% life regen + 3% movement speed
Or any combination of the above examples ...

OR hell for 7 passives we could get
Finesse + Weapon Artistry + Precise Interception for a total of :
8% attack speed
5% block chance
40% increased physical damage
60% shield defenses

I don't know guys .. to me all of these options seem better than the loss of -16% chaos res and the loss of HoA ... oh and did i mention that this way you won't need Enlightenment at all! And that gives the hidden passives of 2 free socket slots ! ;)

Now when i think about this more and more i convince myself that HoA will be obsolete in the Awakening. And a tree without Sovereignty and Purity of Flesh seems to be so much better!

What do you guys think about that ?

EDIT:
So far i was thinking about this tree that i've already posted here:

But Without HoA and with the free passives the tree at my level (96) could look something like this:

Unrelenting Cluster to counter the loss of Purity of Flesh, Finesse + Weapon Artistry + Precise Interception for damage AND survivability and Quickstep for some attack speed and the movement speed which is awesome for Cyclome.

EDIT2:
You know me guys .. so me.. being me .. i've just wasted some regrets to see what would be the difference between using HoA and not using HoA but using the points for other passives. This is the result:
DPS with HoA : 44187
DPS without HoA : 45706 ( that's with 1% less attack speed btw so it will be a bit more )

So that's roughly + 1600 DPS without using HoA.

So the pros. seem to be:
+50 dexterity
+60% shield defenses
+5% block
+6% movement speed
+15% reduced mana cost of skills
+ a bit more DPS
+2 free sockets
+no need for Enlightenment (drop only, hard to get, hard to level, expensive to buy an already leveled one)

And the cons. seem to be:
-30 intelligence
-16% chaos resistance
- HoA overkill burning effect ( i want to remind you again that in the beta and probably the awakening the AOE radius of HoA is ridiculously small with Facebreaker. The result is that you already hit target and the potential overkill burning victims so nothing really burns for the overkill effect )

P.S. I'm speaking strictly from a cyclone facebreaekr point of view, tho the situation with all other attacks seem to be the same ( or at least close enough to be negligible )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 29 jun. 2015 19:51:31
That build is awesome. In lvl 55 i just got 9 to 10 k DPS with frenzy. O_O (Facebreaker with 796% ).
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Thanks man! Glad to help as always!

And you are absolutely right about the jewels. 1 jewel socket is kind of mandatory for the Martial Artistry .. and a second one is just .. so easy to get .. 1 point that's all. BUt for the rest that need 2 points per socket ... unless one has a good jewel that gives more than anything else that you could get with those points .. then it's just not worth using it and spending those points for a socket.

Now guys... i've been thinking about Herald of Ash in the Awakening. Now as we know the HoA + ele prolif has been hit pretty badly, but on top of that due to the Reduced Mana support gem to run HoA + Hatred + Determination one must have the Sovereignty and Empower level 3. Now that got me thinking - is HoA really worth the 4 passive skill points that we need to spend to get it ? But hey that's not all! It's not just those 4 points ... it's actually more because if we don't need those mana reservation nodes we can loose the Purity of Flesh as well! So that's 11 points ! In order to get back the lost life from the Purity of Flesh cluster which is 20% in total we'll need to spend 4 of those 11 passives in the Constitution cluster for example. And let's say that the + 30 int lost is somehow messing with our requirements ( which i highly doubt ) well ... a single point fixes this ... so we end up with -16% chaos damage res and -15% phys damage as extra fire but we gain 6 passives that we can spend.
6 Passives that could be :
72% increased physical damage
OR
27% increased life
OR
3 endurance charges ( ok we need 7 passives for that .. but you remember the +30 int node right ;) )
OR
2 jewel sockets
OR
102% increased armour + 20% reduced damage taken from crits + 0,5% life regen + 3% movement speed
Or any combination of the above examples ...

OR hell for 7 passives we could get
Finesse + Weapon Artistry + Precise Interception for a total of :
8% attack speed
5% block chance
40% increased physical damage
60% shield defenses

I don't know guys .. to me all of these options seem better than the loss of -16% chaos res and the loss of HoA ... oh and did i mention that this way you won't need Enlightenment at all! And that gives the hidden passives of 2 free socket slots ! ;)

Now when i think about this more and more i convince myself that HoA will be obsolete in the Awakening. And a tree without Sovereignty and Purity of Flesh seems to be so much better!

What do you guys think about that ?

EDIT:
So far i was thinking about this tree that i've already posted here:

But Without HoA and with the free passives the tree at my level (96) could look something like this:

Unrelenting Cluster to counter the loss of Purity of Flesh, Finesse + Weapon Artistry + Precise Interception for damage AND survivability and Quickstep for some attack speed and the movement speed which is awesome for Cyclome.

EDIT2:
You know me guys .. so me.. being me .. i've just wasted some regrets to see what would be the difference between using HoA and not using HoA but using the points for other passives. This is the result:
DPS with HoA : 44187
DPS without HoA : 45706 ( that's with 1% less attack speed btw so it will be a bit more )

So that's roughly + 1600 DPS without using HoA.

So the pros. seem to be:
+50 dexterity
+60% shield defenses
+5% block
+6% movement speed
+15% reduced mana cost of skills
+ a bit more DPS
+2 free sockets
+no need for Enlightenment (drop only, hard to get, hard to level, expensive to buy an already leveled one)

And the cons. seem to be:
-30 intelligence
-16% chaos resistance
- HoA overkill burning effect ( i want to remind you again that in the beta and probably the awakening the AOE radius of HoA is ridiculously small with Facebreaker. The result is that you already hit target and the potential overkill burning victims so nothing really burns for the overkill effect )

P.S. I'm speaking strictly from a cyclone facebreaekr point of view, tho the situation with all other attacks seem to be the same ( or at least close enough to be negligible )

tx for the great update!

whats your armour with determination?
and what would your armour be with IR and no determination aura?

It was asked a few weeks(?) ago .. let me just find the detailed answer with numbers etc.

EDIT:
Ok here it is :

"
KorgothBG escribió:
Ok so after using 8 regrets these are the numbers that i have:

Lioneye's Remorse + no IR + determination
armour 16823 (62%)
evasion 2617 (23%)

Old one's ward + no IR + determination
armour 2788 (21%)
evasion 3673 (28%)

Lioneye's Remorse + IR + determination
armour 21778 (67%)
evasion 0 (5%)
-355 life because of refunded passives

Old one's ward + IR + determination
armour 9832 (48%)
evasion 0 (5%)

Lioneye's Remorse + IR + grace
armour 19778 (65%)
evasion 0 (5%)

Old one's ward + IR + grace
armour 11970 (53%)
evasion 0 (5%)

First of all it's clear that Determination > Grace in most scenarios ( and i was using level 20 grace )... with the exception of Old One's Ward + IR + Grace.
So you get more armour for sure with IR.
In the case of Lioneye's Remorse it seems to me that the difference is not big in terms of estimated physical damage reduction, in the case of Old one's ward it's a significant boost indeed. Now the downside is the huge loss in evasion chance and the loss of life due to the 4 passives needed to get to IR.

I don't know man... in my opinion it's not worth it... maybe if you are using Old One's Ward it makes some sense ... i can't definitely say "never use it" or "always use it"

For me as a person who uses Lioneye's Remorse the extra 4-5k armour is not worth the loss of 355 life and so much chance to evade. I mean bigger life pool alone is just ... better.

But in the end IR is not a terrible choice ( tho i wouldn't use it ) ... and if you want to use it go ahead! :)

So basically for my setup it's a choice between:
+4955 armour (that's +5% estimated physical damage reduction for me )
and
+2617 evasion (that's 23% estimated chance to evade for me )
+355 life

Personally i prefer to stay away from Iron Reflexes unless there is a damn good reason to grab it .. and at this point i don't see one.

But again by all means IR is NOT bad. It is a decent build choice and in some situations it can be better for sure ( i.e. i know players who are using high evasion rare shields ). Both options are pretty close and it comes down to the gear of each player and their individual preferences.

EDIT2: My armour ( if i remember correctly ) without determination is around 8000. So determination alone doubles my armour value.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 30 jun. 2015 12:09:00
hmm i see, IR is not really worth it :/
It really depends on your gear.
In my case it's good but not better so it's not worth it.
Would I will succeed in transforming armour from 5 to 6 links with 480/500 fusings (I already have almost that amount to make the experience)? Has anyone succeeded?

In time, Korgoth, have you decided which is the best armour for use in version 2.0 of Facebreaker? I've been seeing that the Carcass Jack can no longer be used because of the problem with the colors of sockets that will be required, etc ...
It's all about the luck man ^^
Sometimes you link your gear with just 1 fusing .. and sometimes it takes 5000 fusings. Do you feel lucky? :)

As for your second question ... it is very difficult for me to say with 100% certainty at this point and i don't want to mislead anyone with my thoughts on the matter. But based on what we currently know and what i've tried in the beta and based on my knowledge regarding FB cyclone there are 3 options for the Awakening.

Cyclone + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Concentrated Effect + Increased AoE ( RRGGBB ) in a Carcass jack

Cyclone + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Increased AoE/Concentrated Effect ( conc effect being swapped in and out for boss fights ) ( RRRGGB ) in a Carcass jack

Cyclone + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Melee physical damage + Added Fire Damage ( RRRRRGG ) in a Daresso's Defiance or Belly of the Beast ( personally i prefer Daresso )

Personally i'm leaning towards option 3 but before the expansion is actually out and before we know all the changes i can't say for sure .

EDIT:
Oh and guys let me remind you something that i too often forget just because it was a part of this game ( and build ) forever. We need Carcass Jack because it gives plenty of AoE radius and we need AoE radius because with it desync is not that bad ( you hit desynced enemies without even knowing their exact location ). But with the Awakening that thing will be history. So keep that in mind! In my opinion and based on beta testing the AoE radius of a FB cyclone is enough if you have :
1. 20% quality Cyclone ( 10% inc AoE )
2. Martial Artistry ( 10-15% inc AoE )
3. Amplify ( 16% inc AoE )
4. Master of the Arena of course ( +2 unarmed range )
5. No Concentrated Effect!

Perhaps Conc Effect + inc. AoE radius + Carcass Jack ( the thing that i'm running now ) will be ok in the Awakening even after the AoE nerf of the Conc effect .. perhaps it won't be ... be we must wait untill we can try it out :)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 30 jun. 2015 14:54:08
Phase run hype guys!
Look pretty awesome to me, tho i'm not sure how to feel about the fact that it consumes frenzy charges for an increased buff duration.
Oh and flame dash sure sounds nice too ... hopefully that would be the movement skill that we were all hoping for!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional