[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Because elemental damage is derived from your physical attack only, physical damage nodes will provide better yield than elemental nodes on the initial hit, however here is a tricky part:

If you take elemental damage nodes they will scale the infernal blow explosion damage.
Meaining if you have a 100% increased fire damage or elemental damage infernal blow now explodes for 50% of max life instead of 25%.
This raises the danger of elemental reflect greatly.

A 20% elemental damage node versus a 12% phys node gives 2% more dps but raises the threat of reflect and does nothing for your physical leech (mana or life).
However a single elemental node is more likely to be of a 12-14% value than 20% so %phys nodes will prove more useful anyway.

From wiki:
"The explosion is fire damage but neither attack or spell damage and therefore cannot be blocked. "

I do not know if this applies to reflect.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Editado por útlima vez por Mannoth en 17 dic. 2014 19:47:52
Thanks, but if you cut one of your DPS Support Gems and replace it with a Life Leech Gem, which leeches all damage, not only physical, reflect should be not an issue anymore.

My Mjölner Discharger can discharge on ele reflect all day long no matter how big the pack is and he does almost pure elemental damage.

So the priority is to regain as much DPS as possible. Found a ring that suits my needs, should be free up 5 skillpoints.

Gonna guess i'll take
3 Points
+24% Elemental
+5% Ignite/Freeze
+12% elemental Resistances

2 Points
4% Increased Attack Speed w/ Shields
20% Increased Melee Physical Damage w/ Shields
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
For some reason when I open the passive skill tree I can't see the skills on the skill tree anyone else experiencing this?
Ok i'll quote myself quoting myself -_-

"
KorgothBG escribió:

"
KorgothBG escribió:
just .. look at the last few pages of this thread and you'll see the new tree proposed by my.

I have a lot of work this and next week so i don't really have the time to update my guides, the build list thread and actually play the game ... i'll update everything next weekend ... until then just look at ( i think ) page 173 for the new passive skill tree.

as the title says ( 1.2.4 ) the build is not updated yet ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
to avoid further misunderstanding i've udated the skill trees ( Duelist and Marauder per 10 skill points up to 110 )

- i've also updated the entire passive skill tree section
- "The Facebreaker strapped mitts" section is now updated
- "Infernal Blow", "Dominating Blow", "Cyclone" and "Frenzy" sections are now updated
- "Auras", "Curses" and "Buffs" sections are now updated
- "Triggered skills" section is now updated
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 dic. 2014 8:34:57
"
Mannoth escribió:

"The explosion is fire damage but neither attack or spell damage and therefore cannot be blocked. "

I do not know if this applies to reflect.

Yes it applies to reflect

EDIT:
OK guys so the guide is pretty much ready for 1.3.0
There are 3 things that i need to add tho..
1. Conter-attack section
2. Updated character screens of the offensive and defensiv stats.
3. Test Shield Charge and add a section for it ( that may take some time... a lot of testing is required )
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 dic. 2014 8:50:05
Vengeance + reckoning + curse on hit + warlord's mark in a 4-link should work well.
Yes, the new counterattacks are very versatile.
counterattack + curse on hit + curse
counterattack + LGoH + Blind
counterattack + Life/Mana leech

not to mention that even a simple increased melee phyical support gem makes them deal huge damage!

I wonder how 2 diffrent sets of the same counterattack will work... i'll test that right now
Hi there

to start with, i have to admit that i have not read throug all 182 pages (or any of it), so if the topic is already covered in here somewhere please foregive me and point me to it.

Here is my problem:

I dont see how you get 75% block chance as shown in your stats section.
The lioneyes has 30% and your skill tree adds 24%. Thats 54%.

Now the difference between 54% and 75% block chance is huge, basically doubling the damage we take.

I just finished my build before 1.3 and was starting to do some 77 and 78 maps....
unfortunately i spent all my currency on a 6-l Chest as well, so now im basically fixed on the abyssos + chest path.

Not sure how viable i will be on high maps now, taking double the damage doesnt sound very good.

Anyone an idea how to compensate? Vaal pact + life leech gem might be an option, but dropping dps by 35% (dropping added fire damage) sounds harsh too.... And regenerate nodes are worthless then.

Regards
Deagle

PS: i know the actual pictures of your stats havnt been updated, but you refer to capped block chance as a "must" throughout the guide e.g. in the queen azri section....

Editado por útlima vez por JUDGE_Deagle en 18 dic. 2014 13:08:11
Thanks for pointing out that i've forgot to update the Atziri section ^^

So yea caping block is nt possible now ... but from all of my testing you can't even feel the difference! Furthermore clearing level 78 is much easier than before ( for me at least )

So on your question .. don't change anything .. you don't need vaal pact, you don't need to lose damage .. nothing .. you'll be just as fine (if not better ) than before!

P.S. Just for the record caping block ( when needed ) an b achieved by the use of the Rumi Concoction Granite Flask ;)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 dic. 2014 13:46:27

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional