[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
KorgothBG escribió:
Ok so many questions ^^
Lets see...
I'l start with the resists... well .. the difference between using BoR instead of Carcass jack and abyssus is 12% all resistances .. and that's .. nothing .. especially with the new tree which has more and easier to access ressitance nodes. So i don't think that this will be an issue.

About the rare shield. A rare shield can be better than Lioneye's Remorse , but it's extremely hard to find/buy/craft one .. and it will be very VERY expensive. I've been trying to upgrade my shield for 5-6 months ... without any success.

Is the Cyclone chages buff or a nerf? Honestly? Absolutely no idea!

The reason why X% physical damage is more impactful for cyclone is the Concentrated effect gem and the X% more damage that it adds.

As for the links on BoR as i see it there are 2 options
1. Cyclone + Conc Effect + Blood Magic + Added Fire damage
2. Cyclone + Conc Effect + Blood Magic + increased area of effect

I am and i will be using option 2. Without Carcass jack and with conc effect the AoE radius of the Cyclone will be absolutely terrible .. causing huge desync and crippling the clear speed by a lot unless increased area of effect is used , even tho the tooltip DPS will be less the actual gameplay experience will be better and more pleasant .... unless you are one of those guys ( which i'm sure you are not ) who like to put gems so that they can see big numbers .. you now like using Melee damage on full life instead of Blood Magic .. then making screenshots and boosting their ego ... it's kind of pathetic tho no one really cares :D
And no unfortunately casting cyclone with mana .. is a no go

About the new reactive skills .. i'm 99% sure that they won't be usable without a weapon.

Here is the gear I am running with:

See, I bought a 5l carcass (mainly because it was a very good price and thought it was useful for the build) a couple days ago, but didn't use it yet. With the items listed above and some passives (not very well allocated, regarding the resistances I need) I have : 102% fire, 131% cold and 91% cold resistance. But without the chest, which provides the majority of my resistance... It wouldn't be capped. I don't know whether I solve this by:
1. Get better gear.
2. Wait for the respec and invest in resistance passives (this is most likely what I will do)
3. Switch out one of my auras (Hatred, Determination and Herald of Fire, for Purity of Elements). This will come at the advantage of being able to drop some aura nodes.

Any thoughts? Thanks, once again for the help!
Well ... your rings can really have more resistances ( that ruby ring is .. pretty bad :/ ) ... but until you change them just spend some points on tree

btw here's the tree i'm going to use ( forgot to post it last time .. tho i've posted it in this thread a couple of times already ;) )

You could grab 28% all res for 3 skill points in the Sanctuary cluser, you could take diamond skin for another 15%, al abrbarism nodes for a total of 6% all res and 8% fire res, you already should've taken the Sentinel for another 10% all res .. so thats a total of 66% all res for very few passive skill points ( which also grant life, block etc. etc. )
And on top of that you can spend a point or two in the scion starting are or next to the Diamond skin passive in order cap a certain res if it's not capped already. There are just so many ways to cap your resistances now ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 12 dic. 2014 12:50:12
The discussion on reddit on the possible "FB shield charge prolif" build:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2p2dc8/cruisin_for_a_burning_bruisin_facebreaker_shield/

What do you think of it ?

And another version from HVR:

"
Facebreaker Shield Charge Prolif
http://poeurl.com/y8owRvs
Shield Charge - Melee Phys - Added Fire - Added Cold - Added Lightning
Auras: Herald of Ashe + Ele Prolif + Inc Burning Dmg | Hated + Whatever
Bandits: OAK - OAK - OAK/SKILL
Could probably work with CI + Vaal Pact + Bloodrage with Melee on Full Life As Well
Help me complete my unique collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335591

IGN: CGT_FR
Editado por útlima vez por Borow en 12 dic. 2014 15:10:13
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well ... your rings can really have more resistances ( that ruby ring is .. pretty bad :/ ) ... but until you change them just spend some points on tree

btw here's the tree i'm going to use ( forgot to post it last time .. tho i've posted it in this thread a couple of times already ;) )

You could grab 28% all res for 3 skill points in the Sanctuary cluser, you could take diamond skin for another 15%, al abrbarism nodes for a total of 6% all res and 8% fire res, you already should've taken the Sentinel for another 10% all res .. so thats a total of 66% all res for very few passive skill points ( which also grant life, block etc. etc. )
And on top of that you can spend a point or two in the scion starting are or next to the Diamond skin passive in order cap a certain res if it's not capped already. There are just so many ways to cap your resistances now ^^

The tree looks good but it's for a very high level charachter so it's capable of picking up most of the skill points. 111 points - 18 = Lvl 93. Most people in the new league will never reach this level.

I think a tree for a lvl 80 should be more realistic. Any chance you can make some adjustments for that?

Also how much block will we have with an abyssus setup? If i calculate it right it's 57%

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe something like this:
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 12 dic. 2014 16:14:22
We can't calculate block chance right now. The base block chance of every shield in the game is being reduced. Lioneye's Remorse is a Pinnacle Tower Shield, which has a base of 28%. The unique item adds 5% to it, bringing it to 33%.

That base could get reduced significantly. How much, I'm not sure. Before the patch notes, I'd have said 2-4% is most likely. After the Great Block Nerf of 1.3's initial Patch Notes (especially Bringer of Rain's 60% reduction in Block)? I'm predicting 4-8% across the board for all shields. However, up to a 50% reduction to all shields would not surprise me (it'd disappoint me, but I'd not be surprised).

Short version: Expect to lose 4-8% off your block chance as the base item gets nerfed. If it's less than that, be pleased to have escaped with minor damage.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Ok so just started the game and after i rebuild my character .. well ... it doesn't look that good ...
The cyclone change is actually a nerf to the tooltip DPS ( more testing is needed to determine if it is actually worse ) - with tons on X% physical damage nodes i lost around 3k DPS with Abyssus , with BoR the DPS is 28k at the moment :/
Block chance with Abyssus is 54% with BoR it is 69%
My life went up with around 100
My armour went up with around 3000 ( that's 2% estimated reduction )
The best thing is that i nearly doubled my life regen per second ( i love life regen )

So these are my first impresions
perhaps i'll stick to Abyssus .. i'm still not sure tho :D
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 12 dic. 2014 20:46:10
OK some more thoughts after playing a bit:
The cyclone feels the same even tho the tooltip dps is slightly lower.
The damage difference between bor and abyssus + carcass jack is barely noticeable up to 75 maps , after that you can feel the difference more and more, it's not that bad tho.
So far i haven't noticed any problems due to the lower block chance
Yeah. Facebreaking isn't too bad. I came out fairly well after 1.3. I ended being up 1400 life to 5700, and my dps went from 32k to 65k using IB>BM>MPD>FA>MS. Aura wise, i'm running Hatred/Haste/HoA for testing and it seems to do well. I ended up dumping BoR for the time being in favor of armor and an abyssus. Resists are maxed as well.

Passive skill tree build
"
kompaniet escribió:
"
KorgothBG escribió:

The tree looks good but it's for a very high level charachter so it's capable of picking up most of the skill points. 111 points - 18 = Lvl 93. Most people in the new league will never reach this level.

I think a tree for a lvl 80 should be more realistic. Any chance you can make some adjustments for that?

Also how much block will we have with an abyssus setup? If i calculate it right it's 57%

Thanks!

Edit: Maybe something like this:

I just had a look at your tree and compared it to mine. You and Korgoth seem to have gone through the Profane Chemistry route, while I rather go along the Bloodless and Lust for Carnage way. My route gives 8% more life and 3% life leech (as well as all the life gained on hit/kill bonuses) while your route gets 4% more block, 110% increased shield defences and %60 increased flask recovery.

Otherwise, both are trees seem very similar. This is my idea of a lvl 75 or so tree:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEA9kg9_FhjxtiMz18_UEfvDhQg5FHyLxo-dqzPfq2NfNn3MuoY975ul_KcpzCezQHnGJG8n_xLFE1KyG6qtfL-Cti9NZKE2b6nZU29Nkd-TUbBgi_MYuyE7wUteu907WBLYSHGrrc-cqn-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPY8LayvDPeplcC_QKBeEzJOG5cEs6IA8B9o8q9sTP_AZu98n99RYE99gFYGOSSLZKM26BpVeTl-4unVrj5342eb0iE=

Thoughts?

Thanks!
If ever the flask recovery nodes are a comparable pathing option, then you take those. No debate. After all, OP stuff is OP
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional